Traynor/EBT article.

Teamgers

Ok guys, i'm about sick to the back teeth with this same old discussion, but its raised its ugly head once more, and for the life of me i cannot understand why Ally or Green hasn't come out and put this to bed once and for all, maybe some of you noticed it maybe not, but i was reading Traynors article about Gers possibly being stripped of 5 titles because of this EBT issue, ok we all know about this, but what concerned me was this in his article, and i quote "McCoist and Green are committed to opposing any move to have history books rewritten even though they accepted they had to begin again as a new concern after Rangers, the club with history, slipped into liquidation and closed. That should mean the titles aren't really any of their business"

So in essence here we go again, i thought Traynors recent articles about us were quite favourable, but in the section i have quoted it seems to suggest that McCoist and Green are accepting that Rangers are a new club with no history, thats why i'm calling for McCoist or Green to come out and set the record straight, it would be great if someone on here had a contact at Ibrox or knew McCoist, because we really do need this aired and finalised.

He has contradicted another article he wrote, the one about Rangers being Rangers and everyone knew it etc

Yes, i remember that one mate, but to be honest i haven't yet seen anything official from Rangers on this, yes i've seen loads and loads of other articles , Fiorentina etc, but no one at Ibrox has categorically stated that we keep our history, i'd be totally gutted if we didn't.

Ok guys, i'm about sick to the back teeth with this same old discussion, but its raised its ugly head once more, and for the life of me i cannot understand why Ally or Green hasn't come out and put this to bed once and for all, maybe some of you noticed it maybe not, but i was reading Traynors article about Gers possibly being stripped of 5 titles because of this EBT issue, ok we all know about this, but what concerned me was this in his article, and i quote "McCoist and Green are committed to opposing any move to have history books rewritten even though they accepted they had to begin again as a new concern after Rangers, the club with history, slipped into liquidation and closed. That should mean the titles aren't really any of their business"

So in essence here we go again, i thought Traynors recent articles about us were quite favourable, but in the section i have quoted it seems to suggest that McCoist and Green are accepting that Rangers are a new club with no history, thats why i'm calling for McCoist or Green to come out and set the record straight, it would be great if someone on here had a contact at Ibrox or knew McCoist, because we really do need this aired and finalised.

I'm sick of people giving this discussion validation.

Ina few months tyime this is are/are we not "Rangers" will be an irrelevence as we clearly are still Rangers.We know it, The tims know it, journos know it.

Let the conversation die it's natural death, it nearly already has....

Traynor wrote that? whats a spastic.

a fat, bald, middle-aged man, who doesn't play football, never played football, who knows nothing about football, was never an accountant, a chief executive, business advisor, or anything else f that ilk therefore knows nothing about business practice within the UK.

Why do the tabloids think this guys opinion is worth more than some old dear kickin about asda buyin a leak to make soup with?

I'm sick of people giving this discussion validation.

Ina few months tyime this is are/are we not "Rangers" will be an irrelevence as we clearly are still Rangers.We know it, The tims know it, journos know it.

Let the conversation die it's natural death, it nearly already has....

I'm pretty sick of it too mate, but its a forum for discussion about all matters concerning our club, so i think it was a reasonable post to be aired.

Was this today? Traynor really is a bizarre one, think he must have a split personality. He'll go from one end of the spectrum to the other at the drop of a hat.

Yes but remember he is the enemy .Think about it even the rebel has to have someone and I mean one on our side at times and Traynor drew the rebels short straw last time .Time must be up and it's someone else's turn but believe me it will only be the one to keep the small readership going they still have from bears .If you must read it have a wee gander then put it back or better still if your mad enough put Bottle of dye over the rags and calmly walk away

He is just trying to create a story out of old news so it gives him something to type, but it can’t disguise the fact he is a knob. This is not news and is irrelevant, Rangers history is intact and will stay that way.

No matter what some imbeciles may say they cannot kill our club! The only people who could do that are we Rangers fans. We are the only people who could "kill" RFC. Our football club is not a physical thing, it's a spiritual thing. It is almost omnipotent. While there is one Rangers fan still alive and breathing there will always be The Rangers Football Club. If we never played another game, I'd still be a Rangers supporter and there would still be Rangers Football Club. All this rubbish being spouted because of the demise of a corporate entity is utter drivel. The media play on the minds of people to be controversial and to drum up interest in their product. They are not interested in the truth. Judging by his contradictory articles, Traynor is either a fool, liar or simply trying to sell newspapers.

The thousands of Rangers fans who turn up at every game know the truth and although they won't admit it in public, so do every other club's fans. If they thought we weren't the same, then why the animosity? Why the continued hatred? Why the jealousy? Why do Sky want us in the SPL? Why is everyone still talking about us?

We were Rangers then, we are Rangers now, we will be Rangers forever..... and they all know it!!!

I'm pretty sick of it too mate, but its a forum for discussion about all matters concerning our club, so i think it was a reasonable post to be aired.

Keeping this irrelevant discussion going only empowers asswipes like Traynor and his taig colleagues in the NUJ.

A dunno what the fuss is about traynors pish.. This cunt jumps back and forth on issues much the same way a politician does.. He'll say anything to sell a paper or further himself, hes just another media whore like the rest, however subtle it may appear..

Its a war and this cunts plays both sides. Or, plays one off another then sits back to watch the fireworks while penning his next hatchet job.

Celtic fans speak as if Rangers have disappeared but ACT as if we have never gone away.

Actions speak louder than words.

I don't see this being an issue until Rangers win their next trophy and leading pundits/officials are forced to talk about the updated honours list.

shame you selectively pick this quote as the rest of the article lambasts the sfa/ spl but people with agendas never notice balance

shame you selectively pick this quote as the rest of the article lambasts the sfa/ spl but people with agendas never notice balance

Will need to read the whole thing myself. I must say I really don't mind Traynor at all... there's a lot worse out there.

What you on about?? people with agendas? total pish mate, i don't have any agenda, i just wanted some comment from people who maybe know more than i do, as regards to Rangers and our history, thats all, no agendas! I read all of his article and agree that most of it was fairly well written, the reason i quoted the part that made me bring this to the forum for discussion was the fact that Traynor did in fact seem to contradict himself with a previous article saying that "we all know it's the same Rangers" or words to that effect, his article may well have been balanced, but that has nothing to do with the fact that he has more or less said that we are a new club with no history.