Boycott the Motherwell game?

TannochsideBear

Boycott or not  

623 members have voted

1. 1. Should Rangers fans boycott the Motherwell game?

• Yes
    • No

This is the big debate for Rangers fans now that we know the draw, and for the first time since we were kicked out of the SPL we are facing one of the clubs who stuck the knife in.

Motherwell are one of the clubs supposedly teetering on the brink of administration now that are having to deal with the reality of a much reduced (I heard 40% reduced) SKY/ESPN tv deal now in place, and other income to the SPL now reduced, on top of the fact that 2 of their biggest attendances from last season will be replaced with matches against Dundee.

It was reported that East Fife made around £150K-£180K from our earlier cup tie, and this sort of money would see Motherwell's bank manager breathe much more easily.

We have to ask ourselves what do we want to do? Can we go to this match and give Motherwell a financial lifeline that they refused to give us when they kicked us out of the SPL? Or do we stay away, deprive them of the cash, and hope to see them into administration sooner rather than later?

If this was an away game there woud be no debate in my opinion, as Rangers fans have made it clear we will not go to the grounds of the SPL clubs who put the knife in last summer.

The difficulty lies because this is our home game, and our club needs the cash from these cup ties as well in order to make up for the lack of tv, european, and top flight sponsorship income. Our fans have answered the call in massive numbers, and no doubt willc ontinue to do so when we play our league games, and when we play other SFL clubs in cup-ties. However could this be cutting our nose off to spite the other clubs, something we accused the other clubs of doing to us? Should we support our own club at Ibrox in any game they play, no matter the opposition, and just accept that a result of that could be that Motherwell get a financial lifeline they do not deserve from our supporters, as the benefit to our club is more important than denying them the benefit to them.

In a small way, we now have the same sort of question other clubs had last summer. Do we do what is best for the financial state of our club first and foremost, or do we take every opportunity to affect our former SPL rivals in every way we can?

I have kept the poll nice and simple, please vote and post your reasons below. Keep this on topic though, posts deviating off topic will be moved.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rangers fans will attend these games home and away, i'm afraid there is not a debate whatever we "decide" on here.

We should be boycotting away games but after the dundee united chairman stole from us and we lined up a week later to fill his pockets again it's clear you can do anything to our support and we will still turn up. Admirable and ridiculous in equal measure.

Rangers fans will attend these games home and away, i'm afraid there is not a debate whatever we "decide" on here.

We should be boycotting away games but after the dundee united chairman stole from us and we lined up a week later to fill his pockets again it's clear you can do anything to our support and we will still turn up. Admirable and ridiculous in equal measure.

I Agree.

Boycotts will never happen home or away.

Its at IBROX so i would say a big NO, we have to fill the stadium as always, belt out the songs, banners waving and give the team our best support whatever happens. Yes its shite that motherwell gets 50% even if there is no-one there, again it is only themselves they will be boycotting in a sense, their club needs the money. :wanker:

Its at IBROX so i would say a big NO, we have to fill the stadium as always, sing our heart (SFL3 feeder club) out, banners waving and give the team our best support whatever happens. Yes its shite that motherwell gets 50% even if there is no-one there, again it is only themselves they will be boycotting in a sense, their club needs the money. :wanker:

Motherwell get 42.5 % :)

If Motherwell are truly in a financial situation then one game against Rangers is not going to solve that problem. It is merely putting a plaster on a bullet wound. If they are really in a financial situation it won't be long until they face the same possibilities Rangers faced last season and let's see if they have the support to start again in division 3 as well.

What fud voted yes? Surely that was a lurking guest? It's at Ibrox so no, no one should be boycotting it. I hope the motherwell fans do though. I hope there stupid club reject tickets from Rangers. Then we can sell tickets to our fans at that section.

Me.

I pressed the wrong button.

Call me a fud again though and I'll punch your puss right in!!!

:craphead:

Charles Green will make them as cheap as possible. The £1 thing is not possible so he will go for the cheapest price that the rule book allows.

Do you have any idea what the cheapest according to rule book is ? im guessing around about a fiver but not sure

Motherwell also need to agree to the price....

I would imagine the price will be the exact same as the last round.

(tu) I know they have to agree surely they will want as many as there supporters there as possible aswell? So why would they not want to make it as cheap as possible for there supporters aswell?

Motherwell have never brought a good support to Ibrox anyway so i don't expect that to change now. But if they made it as cheap as possible you never know?

A few people on there forum saying there not coming doesn't mean there boycotting the game.