Scottish national team playing this weekend.

keithgersbear

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That the best u've got? Why would u support a corrupt anti-Rangers group who have openly said they dont want Gers players in their team? Scotland along with the SPL teams can all GTF!

I ain't Scottish. The thread is to try and get the views of some people who will be going or not going and why.

How could anyone possibly cheer on money grabbing bastards like Naismith, McGregor and Whittaker? Who could cheer on scum players like Mulgrew, Brown and Forrest? Who could support Levein after he said he will not pick Rangers players? I thought we were going to lose Lee Wallace at one point because the Scotland manager kept saying he'd have a better chance at a call-up if he played at another club. Who thought the treatment of Ian Black was shocking?

Fuck the national team!

I ain't Scottish. The thread is to try and get the views of some people who will be going or not going and why.

U will have people who will go no matter what. Some guys are of the opinion that it's the SFA they're against and not the national team. I won't support that shower of s*ite any more. Why i here u ask? I believe we have a few players who could walk into that team easily yet get left out 4 no reason. Oh and Levein and Houston are a couple of a*seholes

I'll support them from my couch. No money will be going to the SFA but I can't possibly not support my national team. Completly understand those who won't be supporting them right enough, very divisive issue, but I would hope those like myself will show no bitterness towards those who want them to get pumped, and vice versa. All bears, all entitled to have our own views.

I might watch it on tele but I was surprised to my reaction when watching the last Scotland game, I had to turn the game off for a while as seeing Naismith and McGregor, two of my recent favourite players, just made me feel sick. Really did not enjoy seeing them, normally I always love seeing the Scotland team with Bears and ex-Bears so I'll try watching and supporting Scotland again but might not make it through the whole game :s

I'll support them from my couch. No money will be going to the SFA but I can't possibly not support my national team. Completly understand those who won't be supporting them right enough, very divisive issue, but I would hope those like myself will show no bitterness towards those who want them to get pumped, and vice versa. All bears, all entitled to have our own views.

Totally.

It’s up to each individual what they do and if that is to support them then that’s great. Sadly I can no longer do the same, the latest hate fest from the support and to an extent the manager directed at our club and players pushed me over the edge. I was already fuming about having a manager in place who is clueless in every single aspect of football management, I mean a £14 million pound striker who is scoring for fun in arguably the biggest league in the world is left out because the national manager cannot swallow his fucking pride.

There are many Rangers fans going unfortunetley, I took a look on the Tartan Army forum the other day and despite just about every other post having a go at us and calling our fans scum there were still quite a few Rangers fans on it sucking upto them and calling the Rangers fans who aren't supporting the national side a "brainless knuckle dragging minority"

I am proud to be Scottish as much as I am proud to be British but I cannot support a football team where the majority of fans hate my club and hate me I an told to put club allegiances behind it's the national team but why then is just about every post in their forum having a go at us? They even have a thread complaining that we were singing "You can stick the tartan army up your arse" saying we were morons and out of order despite them not having a problem with booing Rangers players on Scotland duty deluding themselves that it's because the players are in the 3rd division and not because they play for Rangers. Even the boozegate affair was blown completley out of proportion if it had been the golden boys of the Tartan Army in Craig Gordon and James McFadden then they wouldn't have cared but because it was two Rangers players they got upon their high horse.

Then there is the myth that Rangers fans all support England once again bullshit I haven't met a single Scottish Rangers fan who actually properly supports England they even tried to compare us waving Union Flags to the scum waving the Irish flag they don't seem to realise that the Union Flag is British and not English are all Rangers fans supposed to join the SNP so we fit in with them or something. Then they have the cheek to call us Bigots when they are unbelievably racist against English people booing the Lichtenstein national anthem just because it's the same tune as God Save The Queen and they just hate anything that is English if it had been Pakistan or some Muslim country then they would all have been banded Bigots and Racist a long time ago but it seems it's alright to racially abuse and make fun of English people in their eyes.

I haven't watched Scotland in years. Me and a group of mates used to hit the pubs in Linlithgow to watch the games. Many a lost weekend was had.

But I have no interest now. It became a wee purple heather club full of fat, baldy middle aged losers wearing badly fitted kilts and timberlands - not a look I'm into. Each to their own, but none of the lads I used to go out with give a toss about it now.

And this was all before the SFA shenanigans started.

Would I support them if my son played for them? Well, I have 3 daughters so that ain't gonna happen. But if I did I'd support my son, not necessarily giving a fuck about the rest of them.

But as I said earlier, its each to there own. Although I may go to the pub with my Croatia top on when they play Scotland. Just for the sheer hell of it :D