Special Memories: Carlos Bocanegra

ayrshireranger

'CARLOS BOCANEGRA has revealed an unlikely highlight from his time at Rangers - eating steak pies in the away dressing room at Gayfield Park!

The American international left the Light Blues last Friday to embark on a year-long loan with Spanish Segunda Division outfit Racing Santander.

Before he left, he took time to look back over his 12 months in Glasgow with RangersTV.tv and you can see an in-depth interview with him on Blues News tonight.

The trip to take on Arbroath in the Scottish Cup last January was notable for Bocanegra as it marked the first time he had skippered Gers in a competitive match.

And after the Ibrox side had cruised to a 4-0 victory on the shore of the North Sea, it was a moment he really savoured.'

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headli...ecial-memories

'In total, Bocanegra was club captain at Rangers for just seven games although he did stand in for 2011/12 skipper Steven Davis for four matches last season as well.

While his tenure as team leader was short, it was a responsibility the 33-year-old was thrilled to have bestowed upon him despite being in a lower league now.

Bocanegra added: “Every time I put the armband on here, I wasn’t thinking about whether we were in the SPL or the Third Division.

“It was just an honour each time to represent Rangers and the jersey and for our first home league game this season, we had one of the biggest crowds in Britain.

“That’s unheard of at the level the club is at just now but it never felt like we were in a lower league.

“Our travel and preparations were still first class and we still went about things in the same way.

“The away grounds were a little bit different but we saw great support from our fans, who travelled and filled them up to create a good atmosphere.

Being captain of a club of this stature, with the amount of history it has and everything that has gone on here, was really special.

“Unfortunately it came to an abrupt stop but I don’t have any regrets. It was a huge honour for me to wear the armband and the lead the team out of the tunnel.”'

Panic buy :rolleyes:

(for those who don't remember, this phrase was being thrown about all over the boards when the Boca signing was announced)

I was one of those who thought he was a bit of a panic buy but was hoping he proved me wrong. Glad to say he did that and then some. Not only his standard of play impressed me but his level of professionalism. Really hope we see him back, even if only to give him a decent goodbye.