Renaming Ibrox and Auchenhowie

jdonald755

I wouldn't have a problem with it as it would always be known as Ibrox and would be only be for a few years. Would generate a hell of a lot of cash. Either for youth development or couple quality players when we are back in the SPL. We haven't even got a sponsored bookies in Ibrox these days either. Even getting a seperate shirt sponsor for the kids tops as we aren't allowed Tennants. All easy ways to build up cash !

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't have a problem with it as it would always be known as Ibrox and would be only be for a few years. Would generate a hell of a lot of cash. Either for youth development or couple quality players when we are back in the SPL. We haven't even got a sponsored bookies in Ibrox these days either. Even getting a seperate shirt sponsor for the kids tops as we aren't allowed Tennants. All easy ways to build up cash !

Define 'hell of a lot of cash'. Personally I think it would generate a relative pittance. Would be that bothered about Auchenhowie though...as long as it's not Murray Park.

Only if the money was 100% spent on the team.

good point, I was going to post that it wouldn't bother me too much but I imagine I'd be fucked off if nothing went back into the squad. Not necessarily new players (although it'd be nice) but contracts etc for those worth it.

How much is it worth to the club to have ibrox named after a sponsor ?

Personnaly I can't see this being as big a money earner as some people think.

Arsenal are getting 3m a year apparently. If we could get even a third of that it would be decent. Don't think its too unrealistic considering we are regularly in world news due to our high attendances at Ibrox and have a massive fanbase.

Although it is the Premiership so a third could be unrealistic.

hawhaw

You're my one real friend on here, i have to be welcoming :craphead:

It's good to see you posting btw, should do so a lot more often, come join in some of the debates and threads in the Off Topic anaw (tu)

If you have any problems pm a user named Boab ;)

It will all be down to fan reaction whether we even do it or not but I'm just saying personally i wouldn't be too fussed. i will always call it Ibrox and if we could get a million bucks a season I would be all for it. We should do it now though for 3 seasons while we are in the SFL(get 2-3million and spend it on youth, scouting or a players when we are in the SPL)