McCoist Hits Back At Critics

LeeWallaceRFC

ALLY McCOIST has hit out at critics who are “annoyed” by the response of the Rangers fans and he cannot believe the flak aimed at some of his signings.

The manager is of the view that certain people are upset by the remarkable support despite the new environment Rangers find themselves in since the tortuous administration process.

And he is far from happy at the unjustified criticism some of his signings have received for daring to join Rangers in SFL 3.

Speaking to RangersTV, McCoist said: “It’s bizarre. I have noticed that in some sections people are annoyed at the way our fans have reacted.

“We are where we are. We said we would accept it. The fans wanted it and the fans got it.

“The support that they have shown this club is absolutely remarkable.

“I will maybe give people out-with this club the benefit of the doubt for being a little bit surprised by what has happened.

“The criticism that some players have had for signing for us is absolutely ridiculous.

“I do respect the vast majority of journalists. You don’t always agree with them but you take their opinions on board.

“But it’s interesting to note that the vast majority who had a go at David Templeton for coming don’t know the club and have never played the game.

“Now I’m not saying you have to have played the game to know the game.

“But the point I’m trying to make is if you have played the game at a high level and you do know this club then it is more understandable that these decisions have been made by good players.

“They have been accused of going for the money which is absolute nonsense. And even if it was the case they are quite entitled to do so because in any other profession or walk of life you would look after your family.

“But there is a lot more to it than that. Anyone who would question people coming to this club were perhaps not at the game last Sunday when there were 46,000 reasons to come to this club.”

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/2034-mccoist-hits-back-at-critics?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said Ally. Maybe the Rangers management team should go on the front foot a bit more and promote the Rangers agenda going forward so that less time is spent defending cretinous reporting and get these journos onto matters that suit Rangers to talk about.

That type of critical reporting is really an attack on Rangers and part of the process of looking to insult and belittle Rangers and to continue kicking Rangers and to encourage other clubs to do the same. IMO football reporting in Scotland and in certain other newspapers, and the SPHell clubs and many of their supporters, and the SFA are red in tooth and claw towards Rangers and are determined to keep us down for as long as they can and would prefer that we simply ceased to exist.