Should Ally ban media hacks now?

ger50champ

Where has that got us over the last 10years mate????

Exactly, everyone at Rangers needs to be more media savvy and turning the other cheek and being dignified all the time is just wrong. I am not saying that we should ALWAYs highlight negative stuff written about Rangers but when it is obviously being done as part of a bigger Agenda, like ill Phils work, then it should be addressed publicly and forcefully by everyone.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me start by saying Ally McCoist is my hero from the days he banged in a hatrick in league cup final in 1983/84.

One of my proudest feelings being a Rangers fan is that i have been lucky enough to have witnessed 'live' every goal he scored against the Beggars and i told him so 12months ago while being lucky enough to be in his company in Orchard park.My words were i was lucky to tag along for the ride.It was a joyful time looking back.

Back then it was so much harder getting tickets for games as our club were on a crest of a wave as success was followed by more success following the Gers when our man Mccoist was at the top of his game.

The last 8/9months have been a nightmare but i was hoping these times had hardened Allys resolve and would be prepared to fight our enemies.

One of the most famous statements i remember Ally saying when our club was being criticised from all quarters in the 80s/90s was 'all the team have to do is keep winning the games and everything else wont matter'.

It seemed to be Allys mantra in his football life but can we honestly say this is the case now after what we have been through and continue to face in everyday life now in this football backwater.

Ally has came out and said we should back the Scotland side!.. Sorry but count me out this weekend and every other weekend .

Has he gone soft or has he quickly forgotten how so many of our enemies have tried to hurt us/kick us when we have been down.

His friendship with Keevins and continuing to talk to BBC disappoints me but i guess Im not inside ibrox every day.

Im just a mere fan, loved Rangers since i was a wee boy and absolutely hate everything/everyone that has attacked us with a passion.

So where do we go with this one. Do we trust Ally to do it his way and keep onside with the Chic Youngs/Hugh Keevins of this world and court these fuckers with a smile knowing there backstabbing is just around the corner.

Personally i think its Allys weakness.He is just too nice all the time.

Im sure we all love the man but now and then i would love it if our hero was a bit more like Sir Alex where he takes no shit and bans fuckers for stepping out of line.Keeps the medias respect but courts no friends.

a misplaced and poorly thought out criticisim.

Calling Mccoist "too nice " is a shortcut to thinking.

Banning the media is just going to lead to more negative stories in the papers from annoyed journos. Ignoring it is the best way to deal with them - they'll eventually realise they aren't getting a reaction from the club and it stops things from escalating

I'm assuming we're working on a "keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer" policy. As someone else said the banning of these chunts would just bring more negative press (as if there could be any more) our way. It's no ideal, but there's always going to be arseholes out there using their "free speech" against us.

A friend of mind suggested an electrified welcome mat at the front doors. One that can controlled at the flick of a switch. Negative story on Monday, zapped on Tuesday!

They'd soon learn!

Banning just make us look weak and unconfident - I would rather Ally and Mr Green kept doing what they are doing and kept pointing out 'issues' and to some extent we need the press to get that message across - and tackle head on anyone who prints lies or unfair articles - Both are pretty adept at getting their message across without having to resort to banning.

Sorry but banning them will just cause more negative stories, instead we should try to use the media to our advantage, they have a lot of power whether one likes it or not and it is important not to alienate ourselves from them by just spitting the dummy out the pram.

Banning just make us look weak and unconfident - I would rather Ally and Mr Green kept doing what they are doing and kept pointing out 'issues' and to some extent we need the press to get that message across - and tackle head on anyone who prints lies or unfair articles - Both are pretty adept at getting their message across without having to resort to banning.

Spot on ! (tu)

Like it or not we need the press on our side and banning journos whenever they print something we don't like ain't the way to go about it !!

Posted this in a different thread and still feel the exact same.

I don't want any of them banned. I'd much rather they were all present and accounted for, every last bastard journo from every last rag that had a dig, during our meteoric rise back to the top so we can look down upon them as they shuffle uncomfortably under the gaze of the Bears like the lowly shit covered cattle they are.

Being Scottish might be a good reason for some people...

I'm quite happy to watch the game, I also desperately want them to qualify for the next WC. I can differentiate between the SFA and the supporting the national team. I'm extremely proud to be Scottish and nothing the SFA, SPL, SFL or anyone else ever do will make me feel bad about that.

Therefore I will support my national team.

I also respect people have different views and they are perfectly entitled to them.

Posted this in a different thread and still feel the exact same.

I don't want any of them banned. I'd much rather they were all present and accounted for, every last bastard journo from every last rag that had a dig, during our meteoric rise back to the top so we can look down upon them as they shuffle uncomfortably under the gaze of the Bears like the lowly shit covered cattle they are.

the thing is though they won't be uncomfortable at all. They'll just flip flop back to praising us for what we've done when we get there.

There's no group I loathe more than the tabloid press and whilst they may forget their actions when they realise where their bread is buttered, we certainly won't.

I'm quite happy to watch the game, I also desperately want them to qualify for the next WC. I can differentiate between the SFA and the supporting the national team. I'm extremely proud to be Scottish and nothing the SFA, SPL, SFL or anyone else ever do will make me feel bad about that.

Therefore I will support my national team.

I also respect people have different views and they are perfectly entitled to them.

I'm English but that's what i like to see (tu)

the thing is though they won't be uncomfortable at all. They'll just flip flop back to praising us for what we've done when we get there.

There's no group I loathe more than the tabloid press and whilst they may forget their actions when they realise where their bread is buttered, we certainly won't.

Don't know about you but if I absolutely slaughtered somebody at every single opportunity possible for months on end then had to sit and listen to them revel in their glory after reaching the pinnacle of their chosen profession I'd certainly feel a bit of a :wanker: sitting there.

Don't know about you but if I absolutely slaughtered somebody at every single opportunity possible for months on end then had to sit and listen to them revel in their glory after reaching the pinnacle of their chosen profession I'd certainly feel a bit of a :wanker: sitting there.

of course I would, but those parasites are a different breed.

Banning the media is just going to lead to more negative stories in the papers from annoyed journos. Ignoring it is the best way to deal with them - they'll eventually realise they aren't getting a reaction from the club and it stops things from escalating

completely wrong attitude, journos print negative stories

about us in order to sell their rags to the taigs,tartan

trannies and diddy club supporters and even unbelievably

rangers fans who are just dying to be offended.

It is a tried and tested method of selling newspapers, we

should be more proactive in banning the fuckers they are

just another parasite living off the back of rangers football

club.

:uk:

If we keep letting them away with their agenda and lies, they will just continue with them. Rather than Ally banning them give the job to someone else who can teach these lying fookers some harsh lessons. When they start to behave themselves then they will be allowed back into Ibrox, but in the meantime arses need to be toed and toed publicly.

:cgreen:

Fair enough but personally I think thats quite a deluded attitude!

Why is it deluded to think we don't need the media on side?

The fucking mhedia has battered us from pillar to post for years, fuck them....we do fine without their favour.

Why is it deluded to think we don't need the media on side?

The fucking mhedia has battered us from pillar to post for years, fuck them....we do fine without their favour.

You could argue that falling out of favour with the media is one of the main reasons we are where we are. No more servings of succulent lamb!

You could argue that falling out of favour with the media is one of the main reasons we are where we are. No more servings of succulent lamb!

Not sure i get the ananolgy :)

Anyway, you could argue that, but you would be wrong.

We are where we are because of CW, it's that simple.

The Rangers should ban the jhournos who are at it, it's not hard to work out who they are. If anybody wants a list I'll be only to happy to supply it. Super should also change his approach to these people, fuck the jolly japester act, give these vermin the same venom they give us, no change that if they kill one of us we kill two them. Show them The Rangers mean business, this would also show the fans that we take no shit from no cunt. Oh and Ally fuck the Scotland team and the sfa under the present set up. I hope the jacobite bhastards get humped on Saturday. Remember Super dignified silence has got us where we are today ! :sherlock: