Should Ally ban media hacks now?

ger50champ

Let me start by saying Ally McCoist is my hero from the days he banged in a hatrick in league cup final in 1983/84.

One of my proudest feelings being a Rangers fan is that i have been lucky enough to have witnessed 'live' every goal he scored against the Beggars and i told him so 12months ago while being lucky enough to be in his company in Orchard park.My words were i was lucky to tag along for the ride.It was a joyful time looking back.

Back then it was so much harder getting tickets for games as our club were on a crest of a wave as success was followed by more success following the Gers when our man Mccoist was at the top of his game.

The last 8/9months have been a nightmare but i was hoping these times had hardened Allys resolve and would be prepared to fight our enemies.

One of the most famous statements i remember Ally saying when our club was being criticised from all quarters in the 80s/90s was 'all the team have to do is keep winning the games and everything else wont matter'.

It seemed to be Allys mantra in his football life but can we honestly say this is the case now after what we have been through and continue to face in everyday life now in this football backwater.

Ally has came out and said we should back the Scotland side!.. Sorry but count me out this weekend and every other weekend .

Has he gone soft or has he quickly forgotten how so many of our enemies have tried to hurt us/kick us when we have been down.

His friendship with Keevins and continuing to talk to BBC disappoints me but i guess Im not inside ibrox every day.

Im just a mere fan, loved Rangers since i was a wee boy and absolutely hate everything/everyone that has attacked us with a passion.

So where do we go with this one. Do we trust Ally to do it his way and keep onside with the Chic Youngs/Hugh Keevins of this world and court these fuckers with a smile knowing there backstabbing is just around the corner.

Personally i think its Allys weakness.He is just too nice all the time.

Im sure we all love the man but now and then i would love it if our hero was a bit more like Sir Alex where he takes no shit and bans fuckers for stepping out of line.Keeps the medias respect but courts no friends.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me start by saying Ally McCoist is my hero from the days he banged in a hatrick in league cup final in 1983/84.

One of my proudest feelings being a Rangers fan is that i have been lucky enough to have witnessed 'live' every goal he scored against the Beggars and i told him so 12months ago while being lucky enough to be in his company in Orchard park.My words were i was lucky to tag along for the ride.It was a joyful time looking back.

Back then it was so much harder getting tickets for games as our club were on a crest of a wave as success was followed by more success following the Gers when our man Mccoist was at the top of his game.

The last 8/9months have been a nightmare but i was hoping these times had hardened Allys resolve and would be prepared to fight our enemies.

One of the most famous statements i remember Ally saying when our club was being criticised from all quarters in the 80s/90s was 'all the team have to do is keep winning the games and everything else wont matter'.

It seemed to be Allys mantra in his football life but we honestly say this is the case now after what we have been through and continue to face in everyday life now in this football backwater.

Ally has came out and said we should back the Scotland side!.. Sorry but count me out this weekend and every other weekend .

Has he gone soft or has he quickly forgotten how so many of our enemies have tried to hurt us/kick us when we have been down.

His friendship with Keevins and continuing to talk to BBC disappoints me but i guess Im not inside ibrox every day.

Im just a mere fan, loved Rangers since i was a wee boy and absolutely hate everything/everyone that has attacked us with a passion.

So where do we go with this one. Do we trust Ally to do it his way and keep onside with the Chic Youngs/Hugh Keevins of this world and court these fuckers with a smile knowing there backstabbing is just around the corner.

Personally i think its Allys weakness.He is just too nice all the time.

Im sure we all love the man but now and then i would love it if our hero was a bit more like Sir Alex where he takes no shit and bans fuckers for stepping out of line.Keeps the medias respect but courts no friends.

I osed to go to a disco in ther Orchard Park back in the early 70s. Allys auntie lives just 5 mins from there.

I'm looking for Ally (and Charles and the Chairman) to start to grab the media initiative and force them to listen to the Rangers agenda. For example, a short shrift response to a cretious question and immediately tag on a 'now about....." and speak about what Rangers wants to speak about. The journos might themselves then vote not to bother turning up and in the meantime we score some media hits on them.

Simples!

Ally has tae be careful what he says, and he will ALWAYS act with dignity. It's the Rangers way.

However, I am 100% confident that both of them will take the fight to our enemies.

They'll do it properly though, and in a dignified manner.

Fuck me that's a very dignified fishing rod.. :cgreen:

"Friends close and enemies even closer"

"every dog has there day" etc etc

I agree with what you are saying to a point, however we have more important things to worry about than a few hacks. That aside its pretty abviously that the media can have a huge influence, so what's wrong with using that to your advantage.

Ps

I remember mccoist was "chummy" with guys like Roy Aitken, that did not stop him taking the piss out of the big man on the park (when it counted).

Ally has tae be careful what he says, and he will ALWAYS act with dignity. It's the Rangers way.

However, I am 100% confident that both of them will take the fight to our enemies.

They'll do it properly though, and in a dignified manner.

Totally agree, Ally and Charles Green are getting the message across. Let's face it journalists earn a living by dishing the dirt and stirring things up. There's only one team I know of in Scotland with a reputation for banning journalists / newspapers that dare to criticise them, We are bigger than that. It takes a bigger man to remain nice in the face of adversity and I'd rather have someone as dignified as Ally at the helm than an aggressive, ginger, whinger.

Totally agree, Ally and Charles Green are getting the message across. Let's face it journalists earn a living by dishing the dirt and stirring things up. There's only one team I know of in Scotland with a reputation for banning journalists / newspapers that dare to criticise them, We are bigger than that. It takes a bigger man to remain nice in the face of adversity and I'd rather have someone as dignified as Ally at the helm than an aggressive, ginger, whinger.

Where has that got us over the last 10years mate????

Calling up an MK Dons player despite overlooking SPL players in an SFL3 side was the final straw for me. I'm not wanting to come accross as bitter but I will be hoping for a Serbia win on Saturday, preferably with Ivanovic scoring anytime as thats where my money is going.

Levein was a prick as a club manager and he's even worse now. Look forward to seeing Jelavic destroy them too whenever they play Croatia.

I think its time we ended the overuse of the word 'Dignity', there is none in Scottish Football.

Definition of dignity

1. the state or quality of being worthy of honour or respect [count noun] a high rank or position.

2a. composed or serious manner or style. A sense of pride in oneself; self-respect.

There's plenty of dignity on show in Scottish football on match days at Ibrox. :uk::21::uk:

Just noticed a statement from Ally tonight pointing out some of the criticism from media .Its good,very good.

Still believe he should go further and ban the fuckers he knows that are trying to hurt us

Agreed. Ban them and show them we mean business. They are scouring back now that we are making news again...this time for the right reasons.

Their ridiculously poor standards of journalism done us no good whatsoever and they should be made to understand that the hard way.

You couldn't be more wrong. But you just carry on wae yer assumptions.

Oh aye, and it's *their.

pardon me old chap for leaving out the 'i'.

ff that would bother you more than our club being attacked by our enemies,:rolleyes:

Seriously your a bear so Im not attacking you but the word 'dignified' is overplayed nowadays.We need to fight fire with fire mate