Will we ever return to the SPL?

jimmy millar

According to Traynors commentary in this mornings Record,feelings at Ibrox over the threat of title stripping,are running very high.Traynor asserts that even if Rangers romp through the 3 SFL divisions,Green is saying that we will not return to the SPL.Have`nt heard Green say this myself,but wouldn`t be surprised.If a way of getting back into Europe could be found without going back into that den of thieves,I`d be all for it.It may be a bit of sabre rattling.Fellow Bears your comments please.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you win Division 1, you are technically invited and then have to accept the decision to enter the SPL, but obviously under normal circumstances no one would turn down that request, but if there is a way to get into Europe without going back there, I'd be all for it.

Brilliant a breakaway League Im up for that.

Shove your SPL.How about a Champions play off.

That's an idea, like in NFL - it would be the equivalent of the Superbowl but for Scotland :lol:

But I'll support the Pride of Scotland no matter what division we're in.

God Bless Rangers :uk:

Utter garbage and Green would be cutting his own throat by taking such a stance. SFA wouldnt sanction our participation in Europe by any other means than through the current leagues system. Therefor the only way we would make Europe would be to win the scottish cup and that would be Europa cup only. Greens job is to get us back to the top league and also maximise income. He can only do that by getting us back in to the CL group stages.

dont be kidded by the bluster, as that is what it is. We belong at the top table in Europe.

Maybe another way to look at this could be?......

(1) Relations between the current SFA and SPHell and Rangers are for all meaningful purposes fractured beyond repair and it is only the barest of SFA membership threads that keeps Rangers even in dialogue with the SFA (and no care whatsoever for the SPL mafia)

(2) Only way Rangers would openly work with the SFA and SPL is if those that lead them depart. And for the SFA that it is reformed under independent supervision, and that a reformed SPL would be created with terms acceptable to Rangers. If this did not happen, then seems to me that re-entry to an unreformed SPL would be just about as hostile an arrangement as could be imagined. Not just between the players on the pitch, or the fans in the stands, but also between the club officials. There is no chance that the treatment meted out to Rangers by SPL clubs and the SFA would be set aside by Rangers simply on working our way back to an unreformed SPL.

....so the underlying Green message might be that unless there is reform that works for Rangers then a last resort return to an SPL as currently constituted would - and here I use restrained and diplomatic language - be likely to produce long-standing unresolved issues between Rangers and these clubs.

There might not be a SPL to back to in 3 years... There must be.. MUST be reconstruction talks going on as we speak. I know Rhegan and Doncaster are idiots.. but surely theyare not that seriously 'limited' intellectually as to not see the demise of the SPL in sight? Very low viewing numbers... lower attendance numbers.. SKY waiting in the wings with the Grim reaper ffs!

So.. I would be astonished if we are not back in the top flight in 2 years. Maybe next year. Charles has a duty to the folk that invested and had faith in us.. As much as I hate to say it.. the SPL is closer than we think.

Then again... Perhaps Charles has enough contacts with real pull down south that he might pull something off.. but that's me just dreaming I guess.

F*ck the SPL -- and I mean it. 00000042.gif

Maybe another way to look at this could be?......

(1) Relations between the current SFA and SPHell and Rangers are for all meaningful purposes fractured beyond repair and it is only the barest of SFA membership threads that keeps Rangers even in dialogue with the SFA (and no care whatsoever for the SPL mafia)

(2) Only way Rangers would openly work with the SFA and SPL is if those that lead them depart. And for the SFA that it is reformed under independent supervision, and that a reformed SPL would be created with terms acceptable to Rangers. If this did not happen, then seems to me that re-entry to an unreformed SPL would be just about as hostile an arrangement as could be imagined. Not just between the players on the pitch, or the fans in the stands, but also between the club officials. There is no chance that the treatment meted out to Rangers by SPL clubs and the SFA would be set aside by Rangers simply on working our way back to an unreformed SPL.

....so the underlying Green message might be that unless there is reform that works for Rangers then a last resort return to an SPL as currently constituted would - and here I use restrained and diplomatic language - be likely to produce long-standing unresolved issues between Rangers and these clubs.

I believe you're spot on mate. CG has been made to accept sanctions by these cretins who supposedly run Scottish Football just to get a Licence to play and I'm sure that he is no different to you and me in that he

will not easily forget this. I think he may even ask us (the fans) at some stage for our opinion (just as SPL Chairmen did), that way he can tell to SFA and SPL (if still alive) "if it's good enough for them, it's good enough for us).

The bottom line is that CG WILL get his own back at the right time that suits him and Rangers.

If I was Charles Green I would be using my contacts in England to gain support for a move into their leagues.

Rangers fans need to ask themselves if they want to return to the SPL, I know I don't have the stomach for it, they can all die a fuckin' slow death.

:21::cgreen::21:

Three years of no Rangers in the SPL . . . how do you think the current SPL members feel about it . . . they don't care and think they can survive, otherwise the last few months of chaos wouldn't have happened.

They've been sold a bill of goods by the SPL and their co-conspirators and it'll all start turning to shit before Santa gets here this year.

If I was a gambling man, and I'm not, I would go into the nearest bookies and ask for the odds on the SPL amalgamating with the SFL before 2014.And believe me the bookies will give you odds on just about anything!

So will Rangers rejoin the SPL? - we wont be able to. It wont be there.

But Rangers will.