Will we ever return to the SPL?

jimmy millar

We have no need to rush back to the SPL. Assuming we did get back after 3 seasons we need to win that title for entry into the Champions League in the 4th season because by then Scottish football will only have one team entry. If we win a cup in the third season we get Europa entry. Either way, we are not guaranteed big bucks.

At this time we have a very disgruntled SFL with probably 29 clubs anti SPL and anti SFA due to the lies and threats. We mustn't lose this opportunity to make friends with the SFL clubs to wield a united front for change to both the SFA and SPL.

We don't need the SPL to survive and thrive. If Charles Green and co. are as sharp as I think they are then we won't just let things continue with the current set-up. The SPL need us for TV deals. We don't need to accept any invitation to join the SPL and I would decline if it was up to me. After 3 seasons, the SFL will have seen what a difference RFC inclusion has made financially to their clubs. In fact, it will be noted after this season alone.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The SPL will still be there in name only. It will be reconstructed and I think Rhegan and Doncaster will move on to "New Challenges" within 2 years. We will be in the league but how we will operate in the corporate structure will be interesting.

How about a breakaway league? maybe call it the Scottish Peoples Football league.

Or the We Are The People's Football League??:clap::21::clap:

If Green actually said the following "Green is saying that we will not return to the SPL." Then I think booler is bang on the money. He is letting people know that the SPL is a 'seriously endangered species' and could face total extinction.

I sincerely hope we decline any SPL or SPL2 invite

I'm not interested in joining that corrupt organisation again, the SFL has shown itself to be fair, honest and also it's above bowing to bullying and threats made by larger organisations

I can stomach the "no Europe" issue, it's a price I'm willing to pay.

Ye can shove yer spl up yer arse thanks very much

Bottom line is. This year was an unknown to all concerned - spl, SFL, sky, Espn, bbc, the public, etc, etc - this year so far has shown that rangers are the biggest draw in Scottish football, no matter what division we're in. If things continue as they are and tv rights come up for renegotiation for the spl/SFL in the next two years, the SFL are in a very strong position to demand a deal similar to the spl due to the higher viewing figures they could guarantee.

If that happens, and the euro coefficient continues to fall, where's the benefit of going back to the spl?

I heard something similar when we were granted entry to the SFL.

It was along the lines of the SFL and SPL being two completely separate organisations and league bodies, which would mean we'd be under no need to switch to the SPL after winning SFL 1 as much as this is current protocol.. The places in Europe are at the hands of the SFA, not the SPL or SFL and it would be possible to grant Rangers a place in Europe.... Not that this seems very likely

It's gone from " we don't need Rangers " to 'where are Rangers needed most?' If we're needed in the SFL for the 3 seasons we are planning for and a suitable negotiation over our rights can be negotiated, then let's get on with the journey. If the TV and media rights continue to be hijacked by the corrupt SPL/SFA cabal, to the detriment of the SFL then the game will be turned upside down. The SFL has been treated abysmally for 15 years and we've played our part in it to our shame. We're now in among it and should be in constant dialogue with our fellow SFL clubs to end the fuckfest that has become the SPL. Without the SPL tail there will be no SFA dog. Ruff it is!!!

Maybe another way to look at this could be?......

(1) Relations between the current SFA and SPHell and Rangers are for all meaningful purposes fractured beyond repair and it is only the barest of SFA membership threads that keeps Rangers even in dialogue with the SFA (and no care whatsoever for the SPL mafia)

(2) Only way Rangers would openly work with the SFA and SPL is if those that lead them depart. And for the SFA that it is reformed under independent supervision, and that a reformed SPL would be created with terms acceptable to Rangers. If this did not happen, then seems to me that re-entry to an unreformed SPL would be just about as hostile an arrangement as could be imagined. Not just between the players on the pitch, or the fans in the stands, but also between the club officials. There is no chance that the treatment meted out to Rangers by SPL clubs and the SFA would be set aside by Rangers simply on working our way back to an unreformed SPL.

....so the underlying Green message might be that unless there is reform that works for Rangers then a last resort return to an SPL as currently constituted would - and here I use restrained and diplomatic language - be likely to produce long-standing unresolved issues between Rangers and these clubs.

I have thought for some time now that the way forward (re-construction is the in word) will be NO SPL but a 3 league set up....Div 1...Div 2....Div 3....SFL!!! With promotion/relegation across 1,2,3 and possible election to Div 3?

So we won't be going into the SPL....30 out votes 12 any day!!!

We'll not turn down a chance to return to Europe.

WE're fucked out of Europe for three full seasons anyway. This isn't an SFA edict, it's a UEFA one and has to do with all clubs in Euro' competitions having at least three years audited accounts. Clearly we don't fit that bill.

So......why bother returning just for the sake of it when it would benefit everyone except Rangers.

No - fuck the SPL - let it die on its arse and when the dust settles we'll be in a stronger position along with the other SFL clubs to negotiate what emerges after the SPL.

Oh....and as a footnote - the fat sloth that is Bullneck Trayknob writes a pile of steaming unadulterated shite....so why would anyone take this fat wank seriously?

I wonder if he's still shagging the golf pro's missus down the Dunure Coast?