Ally McCoist.

So do u agree with him?

No.

I don't mean this in a disrespectful way towards the man, but just because Ally has this opinion it shouldn't change the mind of the bears who have stopped supporting Scotland and I doubt it will. He's only another bear giving his opinion at the end of the day.

:superally:

Ally never said that stop misrepresenting the facts. He said he was always proud to represent Scotland and that the national team and the SFA are two diffrent things, and he hopes Scottish Rangers supporters give the national team their support. Whether you agree or disagree with Ally on this is up to you. Hes just being honest as we always expect from Super.

Due to circumstances I was born in England. Patents and all ancestors Scottish and was raised in Scotland. Got the Fife (hated) accent to prove it.

In my army days and afterwards when living in London, I would always classify myself as Scottish. I would get quite shirty when folk called me a plastic jock.

Starting to identify more with the country of my birth now. Never had any enmity for them anyway.

I love Super, but if this is true, then I think he should just keep his opinion too himself. Unless he wants SFAland supporters to support him, in which case I think he will be waiting a long time. :21: He could seriously split the Rangers support with this shit, maybe he doesnt realise how much Rangers fans have been hurt through all this shite, which I find hard to believe. Come on Ally fucking grow a pair and dont give us this shite, your really letting us down badly with this pish. Fuck the SFA. :21:

No.

I don't mean this in a disrespectful way towards the man, but just because Ally has this opinion it shouldn't change the mind of the bears who have stopped supporting Scotland and I doubt it will. He's only another bear giving his opinion at the end of the day.

:superally:

I know, but hes the most important bear there is, and I dont think he should be giving an opinion either way, especially the way things are just now. Unless he hasnt been reading forums like these, in which case I would be losing a lot of respect for the man.

As I say I love the man, but dont let me down with this pish. Fuck the SFA. :21:

Ally is simply showing dignity and class in abundance unlike some of our support who are full of hatred rightly or wrongly. There is not a bad bone in Allys body so i don't know what you really expected him to say. He may well think differently on a personal level. Personally i find it almost impossible to support a team with so many Rangers haters associated with it but that is just me. A crowd of under 47000 at the very most in a 52000 capacity stadium for such a vital match tells me Rangers fans are yet again making their feelings known about what is going on with the game in this country.

I know, but hes the most important bear there is, and I dont think he should be giving an opinion either way, especially the way things are just now. Unless he hasnt been reading forums like these, in which case I would be losing a lot of respect for the man.

As I say I love the man, but dont let me down with this pish. Fuck the SFA. :21:

so ally shoul not voice an opinion you disagree with - what about those who agree with him ?

Where did he say we have to forget what the SFA did? Didn't he just urge us to differentiate between the national team and the SFA?

Yup, that's exactly what he said.

But hey, why don't we just crucify Ally, it's not like he's ever had our interests at heart. doh

Ally needs to be seen in his position to be doing the best to 'promote scottish football' as a whole. He needs to fulfil this role impartially of what he feels for Rangers. IMO he has done the right thing, it may not even be his PERSONAL opinion but he is acting WITH 'integrity' toward the sport as a whole (more than can be said of others). On this basis, with regard to the national team Rangers fans do not need to act on the every whim of what is said by Ally, then it becomes a personal choice not a club issue. The national team has the square root of f all to do with Rangers and everyone knows how much scottish football cares about Rangers so the door has now been closed on blaming the club for anything to do with Rangers fans lack of attendance. Do you really think every teams manager says what they really think all of the time (nudge nudge, wink wink) sometimes the lines need to be read between.

I don't really know what Ally personally thinks but I think it is clever card he played with respect to protecting the club from any backlash when he made his statement.

Tin hat on here people.

I am Scottish and British. I am a Rangers fan first and then Scotland. At the moment I will not go to see Scotland while the Lawwell, Regan and Doncaster cabal runs Scottish football. I will also not go to support Scotland while a failure of a manager is undecided about picking Rangers players no matter what division they are in. If you are good enough, you are good enough, so Levein should grow a set.However I will not abandon the country of my birth.

When we have rid our national sport of all these agenda driven scumbags and the Scotland team has Rangers players in it, then and only then will I think about going back to watch them. :uk::5260:

Ally was being smart here. he was expressing his opinion but he was also showing that he is better than the hate driven others present in the game. We still play in the Scottish leagues so he has to talk up Scottish football even though we know that it is now dire. He is acting with more class and dignity than anyone else here which in turn enhances his credibility while weakening other people's. Being in the position Ally is in is akin to being a diplomat, he has to choose his battles carefully.

Ally needs to be seen in his position to be doing the best to 'promote scottish football' as a whole. He needs to fulfil this role impartially of what he feels for Rangers. IMO he has done the right thing, it may not even be his PERSONAL opinion but he is acting WITH 'integrity' toward the sport as a whole (more than can be said of others). On this basis, with regard to the national team Rangers fans do not need to act on the every whim of what is said by Ally, then it becomes a personal choice not a club issue. The national team has the square root of f all to do with Rangers and everyone knows how much scottish football cares about Rangers so the door has now been closed on blaming the club for anything to do with Rangers fans lack of attendance. Do you really think every teams manager says what they really think all of the time (nudge nudge, wink wink) sometimes the lines need to be read between.

I don't really know what Ally personally thinks but I think it is clever card he played with respect to protecting the club from any backlash when he made his statement.

Superb post mate.

We can't get blamed.

Never will I watch the national team. Fuck the sfa