***Official Picture of every player to play for Rangers Thread****

The Hammer 11

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously? This charlie tully person played for Rangers? Is there...proof? Or have i fallen into a wind-up trap of some sort?

Signed for Rangers (along with several other selik players) to play in a Rangers/selik select match (SFA rules meant it was "officially" a Rangers team). The contracts were torn up the next day by mutual consent, as previously arranged. 1958 I think it was.

The match was at Telford Street Park in Inverness to open the floodlights at Caledonian FC.

So........this nonsense about never signing a catholic is just that..........nonsense.

The fact of the matter is that Rangers tried to make it a level playing field for the opposition, by restricting the pool of talent we had to choose from, whilst everyone else had no such restrictions. Imagine the level of our domination of Scottish football had we not done this..........it would have killed the game stone dead through lack of competition. Historians have a strange way of distorting the facts. Rangers signing policy kept Scottish football alive for decades.

Signed for Rangers (along with several other selik players) to play in a Rangers/selik select match (SFA rules meant it was "officially" a Rangers team). The contracts were torn up the next day by mutual consent, as previously arranged. 1958 I think it was.

The match was at Telford Street Park in Inverness to open the floodlights at Caledonian FC.

So........this nonsense about never signing a catholic is just that..........nonsense.

The fact of the matter is that Rangers tried to make it a level playing field for the opposition, by restricting the pool of talent we had to choose from, whilst everyone else had no such restrictions. Imagine the level of our domination of Scottish football had we not done this..........it would have killed the game stone dead through lack of competition. Historians have a strange way of distorting the facts. Rangers signing policy kept Scottish football alive for decades.

Ok, nice wee nugget of history there, cheers!!

Now...i know there is a lot of lies and bullshit about Rangers not signing catholics for x number of years or whatever; fact is Rangers signed catholics before celtic were even a club. So, with regards to that, i don't recognise 'the policy'.

Are you saying then, that Rangers did have a 'policy' and that we did it for the good of Scottish football? Have i understood you correctly? Because, i won't lie, to me that sounds, literally, unbelievable. I've never heard this before. Are you serious?

Ok, nice wee nugget of history there, cheers!!

Now...i know there is a lot of lies and bullshit about Rangers not signing catholics for x number of years or whatever; fact is Rangers signed catholics before celtic were even a club. So, with regards to that, i don't recognise 'the policy'.

Are you saying then, that Rangers did have a 'policy' and that we did it for the good of Scottish football? Have i understood you correctly? Because, i won't lie, to me that sounds, literally, unbelievable. I've never heard this before. Are you serious?

Yes I'm serious.....

Look at it logically.

If Rangers had signed any old Tom, Dick, or Harry, the rest of Scottish football wouldn't have had a look in. With 1 team dominating everything, attendances would have dwindled, along with interest. By the 1920s, the "Old Firm" were established as businesses which needed each other to become stronger , and it was the foresight of the Rangers board at that time to take the decision, privately if never officially recognised, to restrict Rangers choice of players, in order to avoid it becoming a one-sided affair, with ra selik a distant 2nd, if that. what some people choose to describe as a discriminatory signing policy was, in actual fact, an act of sporting integrity. Self-handicapping, in order to give others a sporting chance. Its magnificent gestures like that which make me proud to be a Rangers supporter. Some dafties seem to think we have something to be ashamed about...........nothing could be further from the truth.

Haters will always twist the truth, but our club was built on fairness and integrity, whilst striving to be the very best. To do that, competition is essential. We did what we did for the good of others, but I don't ever expect our club to be thanked for it.

Yes I'm serious.....

Look at it logically.

If Rangers had signed any old Tom, Dick, or Harry, the rest of Scottish football wouldn't have had a look in. With 1 team dominating everything, attendances would have dwindled, along with interest. By the 1920s, the "Old Firm" were established as businesses which needed each other to become stronger , and it was the foresight of the Rangers board at that time to take the decision, privately if never officially recognised, to restrict Rangers choice of players, in order to avoid it becoming a one-sided affair, with ra selik a distant 2nd, if that. what some people choose to describe as a discriminatory signing policy was, in actual fact, an act of sporting integrity. Self-handicapping, in order to give others a sporting chance. Its magnificent gestures like that which make me proud to be a Rangers supporter. Some dafties seem to think we have something to be ashamed about...........nothing could be further from the truth.

Haters will always twist the truth, but our club was built on fairness and integrity, whilst striving to be the very best. To do that, competition is essential. We did what we did for the good of others, but I don't ever expect our club to be thanked for it.

If i look at it logically, then my conclusion would be that we would want to sign the best players and keep them for ourselves, with no regards to any other club.

Also, i don't understand the selection process. Would we have had two good players, but only kept one? I hate to say it, but it sounds like a poor excuse for 'the policy', of which i do not believe there was one. For me, this theory could validate what tarriers and the rest say. "We didn't sign catholics cos we wanted it to be fairer." You would be laughed out of a conversation.

If it is true however, then you're absolutely right about being not thanked for it, never in a million years. Do you have any sources or examples?

I'm not trying to cause an arguement, i actually want to be swayed, but its going to take something fairly concrete.

If i look at it logically, then my conclusion would be that we would want to sign the best players and keep them for ourselves, with no regards to any other club.

Also, i don't understand the selection process. Would we have had two good players, but only kept one? I hate to say it, but it sounds like a poor excuse for 'the policy', of which i do not believe there was one. For me, this theory could validate what tarriers and the rest say. "We didn't sign catholics cos we wanted it to be fairer." You would be laughed out of a conversation.

If it is true however, then you're absolutely right about being not thanked for it, never in a million years. Do you have any sources or examples?

I'm not trying to cause an arguement, i actually want to be swayed, but its going to take something fairly concrete.

I'm just telling you how I see it.

A magnificent sporting gesture to create a slightly more level playing field.

I really couldn't give a flying fuck what the tarriers say. They condone covering up paedophilia, their opinions mean nothing. Scum. All of them.

There will never be any "concrete" proof, one way or the other, but if people wish to believe our club was somehow involved in a discriminatory practice (and as I am saying here, I do not believe any such claims of discrimination), I am within my rights to point out what I believe to be the truth, in order to shoot down their nonsensical anti-Rangers bullshit.

Its like helping a heroin addict...........you do it with the best of intentions, but ultimately the junkie bastards turns on you and makes you out to be the bad guy.

Selik are the heroin addict in this instance. We have helped them so many times over the years its untrue, and now they would happily see us shot like a lame horse. They'd then claim we were oppressing them from beyond the fucking grave somehow.

These are the sort of twisted scum we are dealing with mate. Our club is entirely blameless on all counts, yet even some of our own seem to doubt this, due to bheast driven propoganda.

I'm just telling you how I see it.

A magnificent sporting gesture to create a slightly more level playing field.

I really couldn't give a flying fuck what the tarriers say. They condone covering up paedophilia, their opinions mean nothing. Scum. All of them.

There will never be any "concrete" proof, one way or the other, but if people wish to believe our club was somehow involved in a discriminatory practice (and as I am saying here, I do not believe any such claims of discrimination), I am within my rights to point out what I believe to be the truth, in order to shoot down their nonsensical anti-Rangers bullshit.

Its like helping a heroin addict...........you do it with the best of intentions, but ultimately the junkie bastards turns on you and makes you out to be the bad guy.

Selik are the heroin addict in this instance. We have helped them so many times over the years its untrue, and now they would happily see us shot like a lame horse. They'd then claim we were oppressing them from beyond the fucking grave somehow.

These are the sort of twisted scum we are dealing with mate. Our club is entirely blameless on all counts, yet even some of our own seem to doubt this, due to bheast driven propoganda.

Brilliantly accurate analogy sir! I agree with almost all of what you're saying, we kept the cunts in the league, let them fly their flags, fed them when they were hungry. And yes, the vitriolic, putrid scum that they are, have never helped us and have always tried to attack everything about us. I would never accept their help now anyway.

Slighlty contradictory of my previous posts, i am capable of believing it to be true, just incredibly unlikely. So much so i don't think i personally could broadcast that viewpoint, however much i would like to.

With the amount of propaganda and utter lies that there are in Scotlands sporting psyche, i don't think it matters if it's a fact or not, unfortunately :(

Does anyone remember a picture of Kenny Dalglish in a Rangers jersey appearing in the Rangers News when he was a scout with us for a time?

Am sure I remember he played some part in a Reserve game and it was the away jersey he was wearing when he came on as a substitute....

Please tell me I didn't imagine it, but can't find any confirmation on Google.

How good could this boy have been........................

Iain%20MacDonald.jpg

Wee Archie Laurie who was onvolved with a great Glasgow Utd team and ended up a scout for us, said when I asked him who was the most gifted player you ever saw in Juv football, this was his answer (shocked me as he was sitting in my house at the time , Archie that is uk.gif)

Johnny%20Hamilton.jpg

Does anyone remember a picture of Kenny Dalglish in a Rangers jersey appearing in the Rangers News when he was a scout with us for a time?

Am sure I remember he played some part in a Reserve game and it was the away jersey he was wearing when he came on as a substitute....

Please tell me I didn't imagine it, but can't find any confirmation on Google.

Yip00000042.gif