Do you feel a connection with Liverpool at times like this?

Thermopylae

I know that timmy does the whole bleeding heart thing so much better than we ever could but because of our 66 I always feel that we can see better than most how such tragedy is from the inside.

I suppose a big difference is our loss of life happened at our own ground indeed I never walk from the Copland to the Govan without thinking that I'm walking across where my fellow bears died because what is now open space was once stairway 13.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have ripped the arse right out it

You don't hear our tragedy every fucking season

There wasn't a cover-up by the Police in 1971 though. There wasn't attempts by the authorities to label our fans as the culprits. It didn't take 23 years for the truth to come out.

I look at the 2 tragedys separate

I have so much sympathy for all families involved

I can't watch any of the documentaries, especially the 2001/2 one with all the interviews from the mothers and players

Fuckin chokes me up every time so I have gave up watching it

There wasn't a cover-up by the Police in 1971 though. There wasn't attempts by the authorities to label our fans as the culprits. It didn't take 23 years for the truth to come out.

Yeah I know mate

I'm more on about certain media etc

Good for the families but I hope now it's put to bed

I know that timmy does the whole bleeding heart thing so much better than we ever could but because of our 66 I always feel that we can see better than most how such tragedy is from the inside.

I suppose a big difference is our loss of life happened at our own ground indeed I never from the Copland to the Govan without thinking that I'm walking across where my fellow bears died because what is now open space was once stairway 13.

Yes.

As a Scouser who supports the Gers and is a season ticket holder I have an affinity to both teams. My family moved from Glasgow to Liverpool in 1968. My Dad was on the Copland at the Ibrox disaster, I was at Hillsborough. If anyone comes to Liverpool they will realise there is a massive support for Rangers.

They have ripped the arse right out it

You don't hear our tragedy every fucking season

Take it easy mate,and most bears I know never let our 66 go unnoticed every January .Different set of circumstances as well.

Our stadium is our memorial to the fallen.

And we never had their memory insulted by the police and media(well except that cunt at the Herald),or a massive cover up to deal with.

These families in Liverpool now deserve justice.

As a Scouser who supports the Gers and is a season ticket holder I have an affinity to both teams. My family moved from Glasgow to Liverpool in 1968. My Dad was on the Copland at the Ibrox disaster, I was at Hillsborough. If anyone comes to Liverpool they will realise there is a massive support for Rangers.

I think it's good that the connection is understated because that makes it a private thing between the fans (tu)

victims of hillsborough and their families will always have my respect!

i am only a rangers fan; support no other club; but will always show my support to any victims of football atrocities; be it Liverpool, man utd, bradford or whoever else.

i don't feel i have to like these clubs or have to support these clubs; but we all can share and feel the hurt these clubs supporters have been through.

and im really glad that justice has been done for the 96!!

rip all whom lost their lives that fateful day.

Rogan Taylor alleged on Five Live today that the cover up was by the Masons

Here's a wee article about Rogan

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/83860/The-profit-of-death

I don't like Liverpool as a team, their sense of entitlement makes me want to vomit but my heart goes out to them and what they've had to suffer for 23 years. Labelled as scum, thieves, murderers by people who believed some of the most outrageous lies ever fabricated by the British Press.

The disgusting, orchestrated systematic cover-up by South Yorkshire Police and the casual attitude to spectator safety shown by the footballing authorities should never, ever be forgotten.