Do you feel a connection with Liverpool at times like this?

Thermopylae

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a tragedy for the families, of course it was, however I think the constant harping on about the tragedy is way over the top, every fucking week or month this "tragedy" is relived in some way shape or form, ffs they were holding a vigil last night for the "result of the findings" some people deal with tragedy and there is no harm in remembrance, im surprised some people in Liverpool actually hold down a job with the amount of time spent reliving the tragedy, the memorials services, the vigils, the court cases etc....... oh hold on did I say Liverpool and jobs in the one sentence ?

I think the way Rangers and the fans deal with the Ibrox disaster is the correct way to deal with it, we will never forget those that died, but we will be dignified in our remembrance.

I know that timmy does the whole bleeding heart thing so much better than we ever could but because of our 66 I always feel that we can see better than most how such tragedy is from the inside.

I suppose a big difference is our loss of life happened at our own ground indeed I never walk from the Copland to the Govan without thinking that I'm walking across where my fellow bears died because what is now open space was once stairway 13.

Glad they got the truth, it's the every least they deserved, but i feel no connection to them in the slightest

I know that timmy does the whole bleeding heart thing so much better than we ever could but because of our 66 I always feel that we can see better than most how such tragedy is from the inside.

I suppose a big difference is our loss of life happened at our own ground indeed I never walk from the Copland to the Govan without thinking that I'm walking across where my fellow bears died because what is now open space was once stairway 13.

I don't care about any other club, set of fans, etc except our own.

Hillsbrough was a tragedy but I feel no solidarity with the Liverpool fans because of it

It was a tragedy for the families, of course it was, however I think the constant harping on about the tragedy is way over the top, every fucking week or month this "tragedy" is relived in some way shape or form, ffs they were holding a vigil last night for the "result of the findings" some people deal with tragedy and there is no harm in remembrance, im surprised some people in Liverpool actually hold down a job with the amount of time spent reliving the tragedy, the memorials services, the vigils, the court cases etc....... oh hold on did I say Liverpool and jobs in the one sentence ?

I think the way Rangers and the fans deal with the Ibrox disaster is the correct way to deal with it, we will never forget those that died, but we will be dignified in our remembrance.

The fight that's been fought, the constant complaining and raising the profile , the vigils and campaigns were for yesterday (well for a start). Unlike (to my knowledge) any major disaster a serious campaign of disinformation and what frankly appears to be a conspiracy began with hours of the tragedy. If 164 statements had been changed over the Ibrox disaster to protect the police and remove almost every reference to commendable behaviour from the fans , if ambulances had remained outside as police formed lines with dogs in 'anticipation ' of disorder as up to almost half people who perhaps could have been saved lost their lives, if the police & politicians briefed media outlets with wholly inaccurate accounts (LIES) to 'smear' the fans , if blood alcohol levels were tested on all victims including a 10 year old were carried out , if Police criminal record checks were carried out on victims (for no discernible reason other than further smears ?) and if, if , if then maybe the reaction would be different.

A whole load of people screamed, shouted, mocked & pointed the finger at Liverpool fans for not 'moving on' and to me yesterday shows exactly why and that they were absolutely justified in doing it, the current south Yorkshire chief constable believes (and im paraphrasing ) it may be the biggest 'cover up' in British history . it's genuinely shocking and I'd recommend as many football fans as possible read the report or at least it's 'summary' as there but for the grace of god go football fans from all over the country

North & South Britain........contrast the images.

post-3667-0-61883100-1347529087_thumb.jp

That's a football top only worn in the safety of other animals at the touchmedome.

Anyone wearing that walking the streets would not come home in a stable condition and rightly so.

A true ambassador of that horrible insitution though.

The fight that's been fought, the constant complaining and raising the profile , the vigils and campaigns were for yesterday (well for a start). Unlike (to my knowledge) any major disaster a serious campaign of disinformation and what frankly appears to be a conspiracy began with hours of the tragedy. If 164 statements had been changed over the Ibrox disaster to protect the police and remove almost every reference to commendable behaviour from the fans , if ambulances had remained outside as police formed lines with dogs in 'anticipation ' of disorder as up to almost half people who perhaps could have been saved lost their lives, if the police & politicians briefed media outlets with wholly inaccurate accounts (LIES) to 'smear' the fans , if blood alcohol levels were tested on all victims including a 10 year old were carried out , if Police criminal record checks were carried out on victims (for no discernible reason other than further smears ?) and if, if , if then maybe the reaction would be different.

A whole load of people screamed, shouted, mocked & pointed the finger at Liverpool fans for not 'moving on' and to me yesterday shows exactly why and that they were absolutely justified in doing it, the current south Yorkshire chief constable believes (and im paraphrasing ) it may be the biggest 'cover up' in British history . it's genuinely shocking and I'd recommend as many football fans as possible read the report or at least it's 'summary' as there but for the grace of god go football fans from all over the country

And no one doubts there was a cover up, and we all have sympathy, I just think its ott the amount of times over the weeks months and years that we have had it rammed down our throats, it was a fight for the families, they have their answers now sue those involved and lets get on with life.

That's a football top only worn in the safety of other animals at the touchmedome.

Anyone wearing that walking the streets would not come home in a stable condition and rightly so.

A true ambassador of that horrible insitution though.

I've said before in threads I'm an 'Evertonian' that follows rangers and I have huge respect for that club and despite my post above about Hillsborough would often make disparaging comments about Liverpool although clearly not the disaster as frankly something's transcend rivalry but if anybody at Goodison wore a shirt mocking the 96 in that manner they'd do well to get out of the ground without serious injury or worse. The shame of that picture isn't just on the animal wearing it but on ANYBODY associated with that club that doesn't challenge it as vehemently as possible.

That although not a huge surprise is a absolute disgrace and frankly shameful behaviour.

And no one doubts there was a cover up, and we all have sympathy, I just think its ott the amount of times over the weeks months and years that we have had it rammed down our throats, it was a fight for the families, they have their answers now sue those involved and lets get on with life.

I take your point mate I do but the way things 'unfold' are bound to effect your reaction & lies and deception cause anger and pain. On the point of legal action the families priority at the moment isn't compensation but criminal charges.

Liverpool were always the team in England I used to support, fell away recently right enough to the point I couldn't really care. But we have both suffered huge lose of life at a football match, we both share a mutual respect for each other IMO over that, we both know how the other feels to lose a brother, a friend, a father, a son e.t.c. just because they went to follow their team one Saturday afternoon.

I've said before in threads I'm an 'Evertonian' that follows rangers and I have huge respect for that club and despite my post above about Hillsborough would often make disparaging comments about Liverpool although clearly not the disaster as frankly something's transcend rivalry but if anybody at Goodison wore a shirt mocking the 96 in that manner they'd do well to get out of the ground without serious injury or worse. The shame of that picture isn't just on the animal wearing it but on ANYBODY associated with that club that doesn't challenge it as vehemently as possible.

That although not a huge surprise is a absolute disgrace and frankly shameful behaviour.

I take your point mate I do but the way things 'unfold' are bound to effect your reaction & lies and deception cause anger and pain. On the point of legal action the families priority at the moment isn't compensation but criminal charges.

No decent minded person would take a rivalry to those depths and those who do dont deserve to have a football club to follow when it's obvious the only reason to do so is to fuel their hatered.

When it comes to people losing lives and families suffering then all the bitterness and rivalry joined with the football takes a back seat. It's so sad though that for some this kind of thing is the norm and they will only pass down this bile to their unfortunate offsring who will no doubt carry the torch of bile.

Liverpool were always the team in England I used to support, fell away recently right enough to the point I couldn't really care. But we have both suffered huge lose of life at a football match, we both share a mutual respect for each other IMO over that, we both know how the other feels to lose a brother, a friend, a father, a son e.t.c. just because they went to follow their team one Saturday afternoon.

Even as an Evertonian I can appreciate that mate. our whole city suffered this was the days prior to cheap foreign air travel so most clubs had a strong local fanbase but that did mean a lot of Evertonians suffered loss as well. I had many friends there and a cousin who suffered a serious brain injury from which he's never recovered and the grief and pain killed his mother my auntie years before her time

i was at the glitter-dome that day,such a strange atmosphere when the news started to filter through,think even the guys on the pitch were affected at time,was a horrible day,nearly happened to us the same day,remember septic ground staff wouldn't open the jungle,crushing at the seggy fence was really getting bad then they opened that wee door to let us through,that bit only struck me on the train that could have been us,just for that experience i will always have an empathy with their support,club-wise they mean nothing to me as many here have stated,but what that support has had to put up with both by the press and police is shameful

i was at the glitter-dome that day,such a strange atmosphere when the news started to filter through,think even the guys on the pitch were affected at time,was a horrible day,nearly happened to us the same day,remember septic ground staff wouldn't open the jungle,crushing at the seggy fence was really getting bad then they opened that wee door to let us through,that bit only struck me on the train that could have been us,just for that experience i will always have an empathy with their support,club-wise they mean nothing to me as many here have stated,but what that support has had to put up with both by the press and police is shameful

I was there as well that day, in the "Celtic" end, crowd of near on 50000 as I remember. There was crushing over at the stand side of the terrace, and I can remember after the game finding out about Liverpool and thinking there but for the grace of God go I.

Outstanding post, my man.

During and after Hillsborough, Yorkshire Police proved themselves to be not only laughably incompetent - everyone realised that when they interviewed and released Peter Sutcliffe three times and continued to search for a man with a Geordie accent - but far more worryingly, they showed themselves to be dangerously, criminally negligent.

Plus, Jack Straw got it right today when he said Thatcher's use of the police as her private army fostered a sense of impunity in the police and an unwillingness on the part of the Government to challenge them.

Thatcher's Government and every one since is guilty of failing to uncover the obvious and appalling truth of what happened at Hillsborough. Thankfully, the genie is now out of the bottle.

And in answer to the OP? No, I don't feel a sense of kinship with LFC but I know people who were there that day and who could easily have been victims. I keep thinking of the Neil Young line: "What if you knew her and found her dead on the ground?"

RIP the 96.

I've spent years bemoaning the compensation culture that we began to adopt in Britain during the 80's, I detest it, I hate the idea that personal responsibility isn't a factor any more.

Then today I read of an absolutely morally repugnant effort by the police to vilify human beings to deflect blame from themselves, of newspapers vilifying dead children in a country that calls itself democratic, free, governed.

Today, I've had to sit and rethink my entire position on compensation. This is exactly why it should exist and why any organisation, whether that be corporate, governmental or otherwise should be made to pay through the nose for actions that can only be described as heinous.

My thoughts go out to the families of the fallen, anywhere such a tragedy happens.

Maybe the Police force and corrupt powers in Scottish football that be will get around to trying to uncover the Biggest cover up in this Country one day....

Has anyone seen or heard the irony today of people like Alan Brazil saying it was the biggest cover up in British football???

Like him with many others theres not a peep from anyone about something thats been happening over in the east end of glasgow for decades in the 60s/70,s

one of my friends was there that day and was impacted greatly by the trauma, i sympathise and my heart go's out to them.

rip 96.x

though i have to be honest and i cant say that i feel in anyway conected to liverpool fc because of this.

Two different disasters under different circumstances. At Ibrox the police and emergency services acted quickly in the face of a nightmare scenario. At Hillsgorough the police were at best negligent and at worst culpable. Sadly 162 souls perished in both disasters.

Do I feel empathy for the Liverpool victims? Absolutely I do. That said I feel no bond nor kinship nor solidarity.

The Liverpool fans have had their inquiry, details have been published and the PM has apologized. Short of compensation what more are they after??

If laws were broken then the wheels of justice should be set in motion.

Rangers played Liverpool to open the Govan stand back in 81.

I wasn't born but my brothers went to that game and that was his english team plus i had few liverpool strips when i was younger.

So i yeah i like liverpool but i tend to like anyone in england as long as they beat man u, cant stand them.