Sports Law Expert Tells RangersMedia SPL Titles Can't Be Removed

DarcheVinny

Sports Law Expert Tells RangersMedia SPL Titles Can't Be Removed

A top sports lawyer - who wishes to remain ANONYMOUS - has told RangersMedia that the SPL will not be able to strip titles, regardless of the findings of their 'independent' commission.

The first meeting of the 'independent' commission was held earlier this week and will continue until November at least.

Rangers were not represented at the first meeting and CEO Charles Green has stated that the SPL's investigation is a 'Mickey Mouse Event' and Rangers will not be represented at any meetings. Mr Green also stated that the SPL would be faced with legal action if they attempted to remove any of Rangers fairly won SPL titles.

RangersMedia's new England based top legal source had this to say:

"I don't think it is within the SPL’s powers and I don’t see a clear legal route for them to take. Mr Green is right, there is no jurisdiction over the current activities of his company as they are a member of the SFL and not the SPL.

It is true that, if you are not a member of a sporting organisation, you are not subject to its rules. Mr Green is correct that the SPL is not the current governing body of the club, the SFL and SFA are.

The SPL are barmy to even try and remove these fairly won titles."

So there you have it. A top sports lawyer based in England - who wishes to remain ANONYMOUS - has told RangersMedia that the SPL are barmy to try and remove titles from Rangers.

I guess that's the case settled then. Thankyou for your help Mr Anonymous Top-Sports-Lawyer.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Mr Anonymous.

BTW - could this case be similar to that of an employer - where the employee falls under the rules of the employer. And for example, once the employment has been terminated, then the employer has no authority over the employee ?

Nevertheless, I’m sick & tired of all these cunts, all the way from skippy regan, to doncaster, to liewell.

......in other news

,,,,, Aberdeen FC, in conjunction with the independent SPL board, have found themselves not guilty of double standards and institutional hypocrisy when they declared their "Suck it up Sold Out Saturday" a success

......... Dundee United, with the aid(s) of the Celtic/SPL lawyers have declared it perfectly legalto charge Rangers fans twice for the same game while charging there own fans with nothing. And in a separate development Scumdee United have appealed to have their recent UEFA fine paid for by Rangers as they (Rangers) have be held accountable for something.

... and in late news Celtic FC / SPL commission have reviewed the Torbett affair and because the Pope has given them absolution they will have all accusations struck from the record. As Liewell stated "Rangers need to have titles rescinded and we need to get rid of our record of covering up abuse as well. Our anonymous lawyer Harper McLeoud (- oops) have told the independent SPL commission to make this happen"

Yes but Lance cheated.

There is no proof of that, never has been, he just cannot continue the costly legal fight against the authority trying to strip him of his titles.

Listen I want to believe this as much as the next person but I just don't get it. Firstly before the accusations start at the very most if we are guilty of anything it is a clerical error since any payments were declared clearly in our accounts, submitted to the SPL every year.

Say you worked for an employer and during that tenure you won awards for the work you did, you leave that employer and they find out actually someone else did the work you won the award for. The company are of course unable to pull you in and question you about that act. But it doesn't stop them removing that award from you.

It is their award, if they decide that the history books should show that this person won the award under false pretenses then IMO that has nothing to do with whether or not the person who received the award still works for that company.

I just don't understand this point; that because we are no longer under the auspices of the SPL that they are unable to strip titles, they are unable to force Rangers to attend hearings or make them testify but IMO ultimately it is their competition.

I read the headlines about this, but didn't read any article. After reading what it says, I'm not too convinced that what he says is in any way final about what the SPL can and can't do. After all, I'd say that we're all very aware of what the SFA/SPL have been up to over the past year, the forcing of accepatnce, by way of blackmail of an illegal punishment of no under 18 transfers for a year, just to get our license.

It's good that we get as much opposition to this SPL kangaroo court as possible, but I'm undecided wheather this is just another lawyer spouting off, especially a lawyer in the highly lucrative field of sports law.

The fact is, there's been a lot of mis-information bandied about on this subject and when the SPL do find us guilty, we'll just have to take them to court and see exactly what infromation made them choose the decision to punish us, as well as the information that inspired their decison to chase Rangers in the first place, as no other club has had their EBT's so publicly laudered.

As the news of yesterday Hillsbourgh cover up has came out, the truth will out on this matter as well and hopefully all involved with the attempt to crush Rangers will spend time in the nick, or at least be banned from holding top management positions.

This would mean no one could remove Lance Armstrong's tour de France titles because he isn't a member of any cycling bodies these days. But we know that's not the case.

Can you provide evidence that Lance Armstrong is not a member of any cycling bodies?

Or is this just another assumption to feed your obsession with our club?

I read the headlines about this, but didn't read any article. After reading what it says, I'm not too convinced that what he says is in any way final about what the SPL can and can't do. After all, I'd say that we're all very aware of what the SFA/SPL have been up to over the past year, the forcing of accepatnce, by way of blackmail of an illegal punishment of no under 18 transfers for a year, just to get our license.

It's good that we get as much opposition to this SPL kangaroo court as possible, but I'm undecided wheather this is just another lawyer spouting off, especially a lawyer in the highly lucrative field of sports law.

The fact is, there's been a lot of mis-information bandied about on this subject and when the SPL do find us guilty, we'll just have to take them to court and see exactly what infromation made them choose the decision to punish us, as well as the information that inspired their decison to chase Rangers in the first place, as no other club has had their EBT's so publicly laudered.

As the news of yesterday Hillsbourgh cover up has came out, the truth will out on this matter as well and hopefully all involved with the attempt to crush Rangers will spend time in the nick, or at least be banned from holding top management positions.

The problem is, those trying to bury our club won't be around in their current capacity by the time any investigation has been concluded.