TBB Poll: Who thinks what?

Big V

516 members have voted

1. 1. Which version of the Billy Boys should be sung?

• The banned original version, feck the consequences.
    • The "rebel blood" version, same meaning, non-sectarian lyric.
    • Some other version.
    • We should not sing TBB at all.

There have been many threads about this, and the current one has been significantly de-railed. I am also curious as to the current mood in general so I am putting this poll up to find out.

I personally believe that we should bring back TBB and use the amended version where the word "fenian" is replaced by the word "rebel" and everything else is left the same.

If we could get a majority of our support to agree to this I believe we may have a chance of bringing it back and keeping it.

There is no doubt at all that it is the best and most powerful chant at our disposal, and probably in all of football, it rallies our team and support like no other.

WE NEED TBB, and I personally think it's worth the effort of convincing the masses to change the objectionable word, to re-instate this great chant.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was watching a video on YouTube about a week ago after a topic on here about the "punch game" between us and some other team from the country, maybe the 2nd biggest team in the country.. MAYBE!, and I could hear TBB ring out around Ibrox and it sounded great.

We need to get this back in some capacity at Ibrox to get everywhere rocking. It is banned because of a certain line, which I'm sure there are more than one suitable replacements. I'm all for these replacements, not ones that are completely different.

Bring back TBB, create another step to bringing back the Ibrox Roar!

Do we need a topic on this everyday?

I've said before if the lyrics can be changed then ok. I dunno if this makes me strange and in the minority, but I'm not interested in being up to my knees in any sort of blood.

I understand what you are saying regards the thread,but I feel it is important to keep the Billy Boys going all be it with a censored version. If you don't like the thread then the title gives away what it is about with all due respect don't read it!

Does anyone actually know the legal issues? Coz I've read numerous threads about this with some mentioning it was the tune Uefa wanted ban coz of its connotations.

I'm sure the PC brigade won't be happy we're up to our knees in anyones blood :angry:

Anyway I voted for the True version. I've been singing it since I could talk and I fuckin love that song

Do we need a topic on this everyday?

I've said before if the lyrics can be changed then ok. I dunno if this makes me strange and in the minority, but I'm not interested in being up to my knees in any sort of blood.

Like a few other people have said, I would be happy to sing pretty much anything after "you'll know us by our noise". My train of thought with changing the one word is that it is the closest to the original, and the less it is changed, the more likely a majority of support will sing the amended version, and no the banned version.

If we could get a majority to sing something else such as "Rangers then, Rangers now, Rangers for-ev-er" I would be all for it, but first and foremost I want it back, as do the vast majority, and so I will support whatever lyric makes that most likely to happen.

rebel blood seems the best choice. it would be great to bring this back in one form or another. no surrender

This Still gives those against us some ammo and I just don't think we should....get away from the Rhebel/Fenian stuff altogether for this one,let's face it We ALL know what the REAL words are including Them!

Would love to hear this brought back. Even if we need to change the lyrics slightly, the overall effect would be the same.

There is nothing like it, sends shivers up my spine having the whole stadium chanting in unison. After the parma champions league qualifier some years ago I couldn't hear properly for a couple days!

rebel blood is a must, we NEED it back and imo it will be back soon but someone needs to come out with this "rebel" tune. if the ub and tbo start it then i think we've got a chance but we need to work this ourselves if you hear someone singing the original tell them to wise up, as much as we want it times have changed, it annoys me that the taigs continually change words but it still references the same i.e ooh ah samaras instead of up the ra, its time for our own support to stop the arrogance and bring back the greatest chant on the plane, your not telling me that people wont still hate it if we change a word, they will be beeling if we managed to get it back in a packed ibrox, time is now :sherlock:

Hullo, Hullo, we are the Billy Boys!

Hullo, Hullo, you'll know us by our noise!

We'll always go and watch our team ... we never walk away

For we are the Rangers Billy boys

That's my entry!

Get it in the Poll! :crabflute:

imo that wouldnt work or anything along those lines wont work, the whole idea of the tune was to bealt it when we were down it was our defiant tune our anthem, the line up to our knees in made the tune and it carried it on, just change the word fenian, if you change it too much it just wont be the same, rebel blood is a must, just my opinion :21: