Conference Call for Mr Green ?

D'Artagnan

Anyone reading the most recent statement to come out of Ibrox regarding the EBT investigation by the SPL would very quickly come to the conclusion that it has been written by a club at the very end of its tether. Its content reflects many of the concerns recently expressed by many of the Rangers internet bloggers. Its also highlights the double standards and hypocrisy within our football governing bodies alluded to in James Traynor's recent blog.

The evidence of such double standards and double dealing is clear to see. The problem is however is that its being seen by a Scottish public who, for the last few months have been spoon fed that Rangers are "cheats" who robbed schoolchildren of textbooks, frontline soldiers of necessary equipment and who indulged"match fixing" and "financial doping". In short although most people realise that what is happening to Rangers is fundamentally wrong there is little or no sympathy due to the seeds of lies which have been previously sown and well cultivated.

Perhaps in years to come the marked absence of objective journalism will be a notable observation for those reviewing the Rangers crisis. In fact, to their eternal shame the Scottish media have largely ignored the incompetence, corruption and wholescale failure of the Scottish Football Association and their ability to govern our game.

Perhaps they would dare to ask any of the following questions...

Why a man who has a tendency to make embarrassing gaffes via social networks, and whose personal conduct compromises the very articles he is supposed to govern

Who has been labelled a liar and a bully by a whole host of SFL chairmen (who produced the relevant documentation to support their allegations)

Who presides over a set of regulations and articles, which an expert witness at the Westminster Enquiry into the demise of Scottish Football, labelled “not fit for purpose”

Who was the subject of an attempted “no confidence vote”

is still deemed fit to run our national game ? Perhaps of course they are too busy giving him article space to attack Rangers as “undignified”. Let me tell you there is nothing “undignified” about showing your distaste for a man who is liar, a bully and a hypocrite.

Whilst non Rangers supporters may not be particularly concerned at the treatment of our club at the hands of the SFA and SPL, perhaps they should be. These 2 organisations are on a fast track to causing the greatest schism ever to engulf our game and one from which Scottish football may never recover.

Included in James Traynor's blog which I referred to earlier, was a comment from Charles Green that even should Rangers gallop through the three Scottish Divisions there was no guarantee that Rangers would re-join the SPL, as would be the norm in such circumstances. Unfortunately there was little explanation provided as to the context of this comment – did it mean further obstacles being placed to Rangers re-election in the future or Rangers themselves being reluctant to re-join an organisation which views and treats them with nothing but contempt ?

Humour me for a minute and let us suppose it is the latter of these 2 options.

In contrast to our treatment from the SFA and SPL the SFL have dealt with Rangers in a fair handed manner and their has been nothing but praise from them at the way our club has conducted itself throughout this entire crisis. Contrast that with their comments in respect of the SFA/SFL.

Furthermore the clubs themselves have extended a warm hand of friendship towards Rangers, being particularly grateful for the financial benefits a huge travelling Rangers support brings. In addition Sky's TV demands to feature Rangers have had an additional financial benefit for the SPL. Perhaps it's best summed up by the Brechin director who commented after our recent game that their club had made as much revenue from just one match as they did in half a season.

However it is doubtful with our desire to participate in European football in the future that this current situation is sustainable. Don’t get me wrong, I could quite easily foresee Charles Green being happy to stick two fingers to the SPL invite should Rangers successfully win the Scottish First Division. The problem is that this route offers no platform or access to compete in Europe and I doubt very much either the SFA or the SPL (tongue firmly in cheek) would be willing to change that for a Rangers side who had won the First Division but declined an SPL invitation to join their league.

During the period of uncertainty surrounding our future there was talk of Rangers moving to England, even rumours that we had bought an English club. However amidst these rumours it was explained that the only route for Rangers to the English leagues was via application and successful negotiation through the Conference League set up. The thought of Rangers playing in tiny grounds in the lower leagues was dismissed as that time as being unrealistic and unlikely.

But would that be the case now ?

We are currently doing that at the moment with no guaranteed end result should we do negotiate those leagues successfully. If we were to go the Conference League route then at least there would be a guarantee of a passport into the higher echelons of English football.

It would have been noted by our owner that travelling huge distances, to small grounds proves no obstacle to the loyal Rangers support. If we were to play on the streets we would fill the pavements. And at least at the end of this long route the prize is entertaining Manchester United and Liverpool rather than those who have chosen to shun us and treated us with absolute contempt. Furthermore we would be free of the corrupt governing bodies whose treatment of our club has been characterised by lies, hypocrisy and double standards.

Let them re-negotiate their Sky TV deal in a league which has no Rangers, no Old Firm derby.

Go on Charles ...make that call.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone reading the most recent statement to come out of Ibrox regarding the EBT investigation by the SPL would very quickly come to the conclusion that it has been written by a club at the very end of its tether. Its content reflects many of the concerns recently expressed by many of the Rangers internet bloggers. Its also highlights the double standards and hypocrisy within our football governing bodies alluded to in James Traynor's recent blog.

The evidence of such double standards and double dealing is clear to see. The problem is however is that its being seen by a Scottish public who, for the last few months have been spoon fed that Rangers are "cheats" who robbed schoolchildren of textbooks, frontline soldiers of necessary equipment and who indulged"match fixing" and "financial doping". In short although most people realise that what is happening to Rangers is fundamentally wrong there is little or no sympathy due to the seeds of lies which have been previously sown and well cultivated.

Perhaps in years to come the marked absence of objective journalism will be a notable observation for those reviewing the Rangers crisis. In fact, to their eternal shame the Scottish media have largely ignored the incompetence, corruption and wholescale failure of the Scottish Football Association and their ability to govern our game.

Why a man who has a tendency to make embarrassing gaffes via social networks, and whose personal conduct compromises the very articles he is supposed to govern

Who has been labelled a liar and a bully by a whole host of SFL chairmen (who produced the relevant documentation to support their allegations)

Who presides over a set of regulations and articles, which an expert witness at the Westminster Enquiry into the demise of Scottish Football, labelled “not fit for purpose”

is still deemed fit to run our national game ? Perhaps of course they are too busy giving him article space to attack Rangers as “undignified”. Let me tell you there is nothing “undignified” about showing your distaste for a man who is liar, a bully and a hypocrite.

Whilst non Rangers supporters may not be particularly concerned at the treatment of our club at the hands of the SFA and SPL, perhaps they should be. These 2 organisations are on a fast track to causing the greatest schism ever to engulf our game and one from which Scottish football may never recover.

Included in James Traynor's blog which I referred to earlier, was a comment from Charles Green that even should Rangers gallop through the three Scottish Divisions there was no guarantee that Rangers would re-join the SPL, as would be the norm in such circumstances. Unfortunately there was little explanation provided as to the context of this comment – did it mean further obstacles being placed to Rangers re-election in the future or Rangers themselves being reluctant to re-join an organisation which views and treats them with nothing but contempt ?

In contrast to our treatment from the SFA and SPL the SFL have dealt with Rangers in a fair handed manner and their has been nothing but praise from them at the way our club has conducted itself throughout this entire crisis. Contrast that with the their comments in respect of the SFA/SFL.

Furthermore the clubs themselves have extended a warm hand of friendship towards Rangers, being particularly grateful for the financial benefits a huge travelling Rangers support brings. In addition Sky's TV demands to feature Rangers have had an additional financial benefit for the SPL. Perhaps it's best summed up by the Brechin director who commented after our recent game that their club had made as much revenue from just one match as they did in half a season.

However it is doubtful with our desire to participate in European football in the future that this current situation is sustainable. Don’t get me wrong, I could quite easily foresee Charles Green being happy to stick two fingers to the SPL invite should Rangers successfully win the Scottish First Division. The problem is that this route offers no platform or access to compete in Europe and I doubt very much either the SFA or the SPL (tongue firmly in cheek) would be willing to change that for a Rangers side who had won the First Division but declined an SPL invitation to join their league.

During the period of uncertainty surrounding our future there was talk of Rangers moving to England, even rumours that we had bought an English club. However amidst these rumours it was explained that the only route for Rangers to the English leagues was via application and successful negotiation through the Conference League set up. The thought of Rangers playing in tiny grounds in the lower leagues was dismissed as that time as being unrealistic and unlikely.

We are currently doing that at the moment with no guaranteed end result should we do negotiate those leagues successfully. If we were to go the Conference League route then at least there would be a guarantee of a passport into the higher echelons of English football.

It would have been noted by our owner that travelling huge distances, to small grounds proves no obstacle to the loyal Rangers support. If we were to play on the streets we would fill the pavements. And at least at the end of this long route the prize is entertaining Manchester United and Liverpool rather than those who have chosen to shun us and treated us with absolute contempt. Furthermore we would be free of the corrupt governing bodies whose treatment of our club has been characterised by lies, hypocrisy and double standards.

Let them re-negotiate their Sky TV deal in a league which has no Rangers, no Old Firm derby.

Decent start to your article but I don't want to go down the England route, not because I think that is unobtainable (which I do but sometimes these things can be overcome) but I truly believe our place is in Scottish football, its where our history resides and where I believe our future should lie.

There is no doubting the issues raised in the first half of the article and I think we all agree that Rangers have demonstrated their power ( or ability to exert our power) through the size of our support - our support is needed for the good, financial well being, of Scottish Football.

So to prevent schisms and on going hatred that will debilitate Scottish football as a whole, Rangers should use there power to provide leadership to bring real change is the game. Change is needed, not just for Rangers but for Scottish football as a whole. The SPL has proven itself unfit for purpose and must surely be a casualty of any change and I think it is inconceivable to everyone except those at the top of that discredited organisation that it will remain. The SFA must also change to support its members - but one past criticism of the SFA was chairmen of smaller teams in position of authority not realising the issues at the top of the game, and yet these chairmen have shown more integrity than most during these recent time. The shame about change at the SFA is we have to use the same words as they use (but get it right) - the SFA must have open, transparent and fair processes that treat every one equal be they of the power of Rangers or Celtic or as small as today's hosts Annan.

I know at least 2 SFL Chairmen who are gunning for Regan and are awaiting the proposals promised to change the game, and if there is no movement by the end of this year they intend to take the initiative.

Change must happen and somehow that change has to, at the very least, begin some sort of healing process and so the change must (imho) be substantial as tinkering will not be enough.

Decent start to your article but I don't want to go down the England route, not because I think that is unobtainable (which I do but sometimes these things can be overcome) but I truly believe our place is in Scottish football, its where our history resides and where I believe our future should lie.

There is no doubting the issues raised in the first half of the article and I think we all agree that Rangers have demonstrated their power ( or ability to exert our power) through the size of our support - our support is needed for the good, financial well being, of Scottish Football.

So to prevent schisms and on going hatred that will debilitate Scottish football as a whole, Rangers should use there power to provide leadership to bring real change is the game. Change is needed, not just for Rangers but for Scottish football as a whole. The SPL has proven itself unfit for purpose and must surely be a casualty of any change and I think it is inconceivable to everyone except those at the top of that discredited organisation that it will remain. The SFA must also change to support its members - but one past criticism of the SFA was chairmen of smaller teams in position of authority not realising the issues at the top of the game, and yet these chairmen have shown more integrity than most during these recent time. The shame about change at the SFA is we have to use the same words as they use (but get it right) - the SFA must have open, transparent and fair processes that treat every one equal be they of the power of Rangers or Celtic or as small as today's hosts Annan.

I know at least 2 SFL Chairmen who are gunning for Regan and are awaiting the proposals promised to change the game, and if there is no movement by the end of this year they intend to take the initiative.

Change must happen and somehow that change has to, at the very least, begin some sort of healing process and so the change must (imho) be substantial as tinkering will not be enough.

But how do we provide "real leadership" in an organisation which is corrupt to the core and in which we have no representation ? Furthermore those who do have representation are hell bent on the destruction of our club.

I fear there will be only one outcome - and it will be particularly messy.

But how do we provide "real leadership" in an organisation which is corrupt to the core and in which we have no representation ? Furthermore those who do have representation are hell bent on the destruction of our club.

We cant the filth running the SFA/SPL are not going to let go of the power they have now in both these camps, Beats me what is best for our future but its certainly not returning to the SPL with these corrupt fucks pulling all the strings.

In contrast to our treatment from the SFA and SPL the SFL have dealt with Rangers in a fair handed manner and their has been nothing but praise from them at the way our club has conducted itself throughout this entire crisis. Contrast that with their comments in respect of the SFA/SFL.

Great article d'art , I however am a clown and clicked the wrong one and gave a Neg Rep i will correct this on the next posting , noo away tae stick ma daft heid in the toilet .

SKY will be realising that they're getting more viewers for our SFL3 matches than for any SPL matches. They'll get even more viewers as we work our way through the English leagues. There are plenty of bears in England who would form our "travelling" support for midweek fixtures in Bristol or Brighton. For those who can't travel so far or who can't get tickets, we could still play a B team in the SFL, making sure that our new friends there will still have a boost to their income through increased gates, even if there's no significant TV deal.

If we refuse to rejoin the SPL and take the English route, that would probably require SFA sanction, but such an arrangement could be supported by the SFL clubs through their SFA votes.

Change can only happen from inside Scottish Football.

And I am afraid that Change will happen but not for the best of Scottish Football.

The people at the Top of these organisations only care for themselves ,and couldnt really give a toss for Scottish Football or Rangers , they have made that clear.

I believe our Club would be made very welcome down South ,and would have a future with History and Wealth.

For me it would be a Line drawn under this sorry sad state and then we could Heal.

As Dart said we would fill the Pavements if we had to.

I dont think a positive change is going to happen in Scotland, change yes will occur, but to whose advantage? certainly not Rangers or the Fans or smaller Clubs of Scottish Football..

Too much bitterness in it,

I believe England is our future ,Scotland would have to change its Sykie, and Culture to advance, and I dont believe it can do that.

Football in this Country could help it , but is not willing with this present Leadership.

I dont believe it can recover from this charade.

Its very very sad .

England for me I will still support them .

I believe it is too far gone now.

We are members of the SFA and our, now proven, pulling power is one hell of a hand in any upcoming change - we will not be dis-enfranchised during any change. Also if it is our size and pulling power that would give usthe political and economic clout to join the English set up, then it is the same power we can use to influence change. Change will come at the SFA and the SPL and in my opinion our efforts are better directed in getting change there.

And I am afraid that Change will happen but not for the best of Scottish Football.

The people at the Top of these organisations only care for themselves ,and couldnt really give a toss for Scottish Football or Rangers , they have made that clear.

I believe our Club would be made very welcome down South ,and would have a future with History and Wealth.

For me it would be a Line drawn under this sorry sad state and then we could Heal.

I dont think a positive change is going to happen in Scotland, change yes will occur but to whose advantage? certainly not Rangers or the Fans or smaller Clubs of Scottish Football..

I believe England is our future ,Scotland would have to change its Sykie, and Culture to advance, and I dont believe it can do that.

Football in this Country could help it , but is not willing with this present Leadership.

I dont believee it can recover from this chatade.

Its very very sad .

Do we just take all our past titles with us? What happens in this situation.

Outstanding mate and I'll be 100% behind Charles if he decides not to go back to that sham of a premier league!

Rangers have already been blackmailed once into accepting that unlawful transfer ban to get the transfer of membership but with regards to the tv deal we (and subsequently for now) the SFL should hold all the aces.

We are members of the SFA and our, now proven, pulling power is one hell of a hand in any upcoming change - we will not be dis-enfranchised during any change. Also if it is our size and pulling power that would give usthe political and economic clout to join the English set up, then it is the same power we can use to influence change. Change will come at the SFA and the SPL and in my opinion our efforts are better directed in getting change there.

Their Bitterness and hatred will blind them once again .

It is way too late for Positive change ,and there are silent people driving this Bitterness ,and the Mhedia are the key.

They have been vocal ,and its them who drive this agenda forward.

I dont think a positive change is going to happen in Scotland, change yes will occur but to whose advantage? certainly not Rangers or the Fans or smaller Clubs of Scottish Football..

I dont believee it can recover from this chatade.

Its very very sad .

I don't think England is a practical solution - I think a more likely solution is one of European reorganisation but to access that we need to be at the top of our tre - which is Scotland (even if we dont like it)

We all recognise change will happen in Scottish football andI believe we are better being part of that debate, even leading it rather than allowing our self to be ignored.

Do we just take all our past titles with us? What happens in this situation.

Yes of course .Its our History and they tried to take, but failed.

No one else can whilst we live as a Club.

The same Club as we where before .

Rangers then, Rangers now ,Rangers forever.

Remember that?

Their Bitterness and hatred will blind them once again .

It is way too late for Positive change ,and there are silent people driving this Bitterness ,and the Mhedia are the key.

They have been vocal ,and its them who drive this agenda forward.

TV/Sky will have a big say in this debate - and our figures will hold sway with them.

I don't think England is a practical solution - I think a more likely solution is one of European reorganisation but to access that we need to be at the top of our tre - which is Scotland (even if we dont like it)

We all recognise change will happen in Scottish football andI believe we are better being part of that debate, even leading it rather than allowing our self to be ignored.

Well in my opinion for what thats worth in the Grand Scheme of things , is its too late for Healing, and sometimes some things are best left behind.

Hope I am wrong . But I think its to deep routed.

All this ..... England is a non starter and not this again, Well OP put it exactly, Mr Green will and im Sure will view this as an option, and must be being discussed.

Can we get access to the Conference ? That is another question though....... Ill be their no matter what.