SFL Officials are a Joke

Big V

I'm watching the Annan game right now and I have to say the referee has once again been the stand out person on the park for all the wrong reasons.

Many heavy challenges going in culminated with a vicious very late tackle by Jack Steele causing an ankle injury to David Templeton. Should have been a straight red and extra ban for violent conduct, the guy didn't even get a yellow card. Two minutes later the same guy tried to take out Black, again no card.

Throughout the first half there have been all sorts of horrific challenges, including elbows to the side of the head, sliding tackles from behind, and so on.

The only yellow card so far has been for a wee guy who smashed into Neil Alexander, again that could easily have been red.

Is there any way the club can make some sort of complaint, in an effort to get our players a modicum of protection?

At this rate we'll run out of players by Christmas.

/rant

We knew about the heavy tackles that were going to be coming our way, but it's the petty decisions that are getting on my tits. Any slight shove goes against us, while on one occasion Wallace was pulled down, which allowed the boy to have a shot at goal.

Firstly. I'll make it clear I don't disagree with you. However, it is Division 3, and that's how it goes as you go down the divisions in football. Have you seen the tackles and elbows in the Junior game mate? It's bordering on serious fuckin assault at times! The refs have probably been brought up with this style of football for years, and now they're having to deal with what is essentially a Premier League team in the 3rd Division.

Saying that. I think the game's been spoiled with all the petty bookings and rule changes at the highest level, and it's not a "man's game" any more.

the referees are poor but then so were the SPL refs.

i think as a country we just have shite refs. Remember when the refs went on strike and they brought in foreign ones. that majorly backfired as the standard of refereeing went up in their absence!

Firstly. I'll make it clear I don't disagree with you. However, it is Division 3, and that's how it goes as you go down the divisions in football. Have you seen the tackles and elbows in the Junior game mate? It's bordering on serious fuckin assault at times! The refs have probably been brought up with this style of football for years, and now they're having to deal with what is essentially a Premier League team in the 3rd Division.

Saying that. I think the game's been spoiled with all the petty bookings and rule changes at the highest level, and it's not a "man's game" any more.

My main worry, having watched some of the horror tackles, is that there seems to be the odd player here and there that sets out to deliberately injure one of our players, either that or they are so shockingly bad at tackling that they shouldn't be allowed on a park.

All the referees so far have been shite. They miss clear fouls, give utterly pathetic decisions and also fail to control games and book players where necessary.

But, it's where we are and we must live with it and get on with it. We should be winning games regardless of the refereeing decisions.

Fed up with all this pish we read,we welcome rangers and their supporters to Brechin,Peterhead,Berwick,Annan.As soon as the game kicks off the welcomes fuckin stop and the boot goes in.We are the full time team,we should be fitter and stronger than these hatchet men part timers,Rangers need to start putting the boot in fucking harder.

My main worry, having watched some of the horror tackles, is that there seems to be the odd player here and there that sets out to deliberately injure one of our players, either that or they are so shockingly bad at tackling that they shouldn't be allowed on a park.

Have to agree.. The tackles are shocking in Division 3 (tu)

All the referees so far have been shite. They miss clear fouls, give utterly pathetic decisions and also fail to control games and book players where necessary.

But, it's where we are and we must live with it and get on with it. We should be winning games regardless of the refereeing decisions.

Absolutely.. It is what it is.. But our team might want to step up the anti away from Ibrox.. But to be fair.. the tackles are shocking even by SPL standards

again with blaming refs? easiest thing in the world to do when we're not winning, time to take some responsibility and win games for ourselfs not with referee's help. question is how badly do we want to win?

So you think that a ref who misses a shockingly late challenge that takes out our most creative player, a clear push in the back in the area, gives several decisions in the home sides favour and penalises the away team for challenges that are ignored when its the home team, shouldn't get some of the blame? With that and an assistant who 'misses' things right in front of him how does that not become part of the reason we didn't win. I've watched semi pro football for many years and today ranks among the very worst performances I've seen. At the very best he was totally inept and unable to maintain his concentration and I would hope he'd be embarrassed with his performance if he reviews it.

Some of these players are no doubt bitter taigs out to make a name for themselves down their local celtic minded pubs.We know this is going to happen. As previous poster said MAN UP roll up sleeves and get in about them .NO SURRENDER. :crabflute:

So you think that a ref who misses a shockingly late challenge that takes out our most creative player, a clear push in the back in the area, gives several decisions in the home sides favour and penalises the away team for challenges that are ignored when its the home team, shouldn't get some of the blame? With that and an assistant who 'misses' things right in front of him how does that not become part of the reason we didn't win. I've watched semi pro football for many years and today ranks among the very worst performances I've seen. At the very best he was totally inept and unable to maintain his concentration and I would hope he'd be embarrassed with his performance if he reviews it.

Joys of football is its all opinions and its all angles for the refs. If he doesnt see it he's not giving it. As someone said earlier its a mans game and we have to man up, Ian Black was signed exactly for these reasons as a hard tackling footballer, Ian Ferguson and Souness would have loved this division. If we want respect we have to earn it not demand it.