honest player ratings

tretoff

Alexander 6 - Didn't have much to do but seemed comfortable coming out to collect long balls.

Faure 7 - Probably our best player. Looked comfortable defensively but needs to improve his crossing.

Perry 6 - Looked much more comfortable than he has in the last few games.

Cribari 6 - Wasn't really tested.

Wallace 6 - Looked fine at the back and bombed down the wing tirelessly.

Templeton - Can't give him a rating. Hope he is back ASAP!

Black 5 - Not his best performance. Didn't have much space to create anything or play his usual defence splitting passes.

MacLeod 5 - Same as Black. Can't fault him for effort though.

Shiels 5 - Like Black and MacLeod, he struggled to break down Annan's tight unit. Looked quite tired after international duty.

McKay 5 - Made some good passes in the final third and tried to make things happen.

McCulloch 5 - Service to him was poor but was unlucky not to score a winner late on, great save from Annan keeper.

Subs:

Sandaza 5 - Made some great runs in the first half but didn't have that lethal touch we badly needed in the box.

I don't think anyone played too badly tbh, we just couldn't score and struggled to create space. Have to give credit to Annan who were set up and defended very well.

Good lad Thommo, will use those in a wee while for Player Watch.

I'll change it slightly and post it in the writer's section mate.

Did you get a match report done? Really tough game to write a report one, will probably need to watch it again on RTV unless you already have it done!

Alexander 6 - Didn't have much to do but seemed comfortable coming out to collect long balls.

Faure 7 - Probably our best player. Looked comfortable defensively but needs to improve his crossing.

Perry 6 - Looked much more comfortable than he has in the last few games.

Cribari 6 - Wasn't really tested.

Wallace 6 - Looked fine at the back and bombed down the wing tirelessly.

Templeton - Can't give him a rating. Hope he is back ASAP!

Black 5 - Not his best performance. Didn't have much space to create anything or play his usual defence splitting passes.

MacLeod 5 - Same as Black. Can't fault him for effort though.

Shiels 5 - Like Black and MacLeod, he struggled to break down Annan's tight unit. Looked quite tired after international duty.

McKay 5 - Made some good passes in the final third and tried to make things happen.

McCulloch 5 - Service to him was poor but was unlucky not to score a winner late on, great save from Annan keeper.

Subs:

Sandaza 5 - Made some great runs in the first half but didn't have that lethal touch we badly needed in the box.

I don't think anyone played too badly tbh, we just couldn't score and struggled to create space. Have to give credit to Annan who were set up and defended very well.

I agree except for Faure and Wallace. Faure a 6 and Wallace 7 imo.

I'll change it slightly and post it in the writer's section mate.

Did you get a match report done? Really tough game to write a report one, will probably need to watch it again on RTV unless you already have it done!

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=238397

;)

I shall await your thread.

Thommo's updated match ratings on the homepage.

Player Watch: Annan Athletic 0-0 Rangers

[imgleft]http://rangersmedia.co.uk/images/resized/images/wv10annanvrangers_200_200.jpg[/imgleft]It's always harder to rate players following a disappointing result and performance and general. Here's my ratings of the players today, in what was another away-day disappointment from Ally's men.

Neil Alexander (6) - Didn't have much to do but seemed confident when coming out to collect long balls.

Sebastien Faure (7) - Probably our best player. Looked comfortable defensively but needs to improve his crossing.

Ross Perry (6) - Looked much more comfortable than he has in the last few games.

Emilson Cribari (6) - Wasn't really tested.

Lee Wallace (6) - Looked fine at the back and bombed down the wing tirelessly to support attacking moves.

David Templeton - Can't give him a rating as he was injured early on. Hopefully he is back to full fitness as soon as possible!

Ian Black (5) - Not his best performance. Didn't have much space to create anything or play his usual defence splitting passes.

Lewis MacLeod (5) - Same as Black. Can't fault him for effort though.

Dean Shiels (5) - Like Black and MacLeod, he struggled to break down Annan's tight unit. Looked quite tired after international duty.

Barrie McKay (5) - Made some good passes in the final third and tried to make things happen.

Lee McCulloch (5) - Service to him was poor but was unlucky not to score a winner late on, great save from Annan keeper.

Subs:

Francisco Sandaza (5) - Made some great runs in the first half but didn't have that lethal touch we desperately needed in the box.

Robbie Crawford (4) - Came on for the last twenty minutes, wasn't able to get too involved or make an impression on the game.

Overall, I don't think anyone played too badly, we just couldn't score and struggled to create space. Have to give credit to Annan though who were set up and defended very well.

RangersMedia man of the match: Sebastien Faure.