Gers Wait On Temps

LeeWallaceRFC

4f443f7a054da84f8d510ac12abc35f4_XL.jpg

RANGERS face an anxious wait to see how serious new signing David Templeton’s injury is after he was carried off in the opening moments of today’s draw with Annan.

The former Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) winger left the field on a stretcher after a fierce challenge and his left ankle was hurt.

Templeton left Galabank shortly after the final whistle with club doctor Paul Jackson to get an x-ray and scan at a nearby hospital to check for any further damage.

He departed on crutches and wearing a protective boot as a precaution but boss Ally McCoist hopes the knock is too serious.

It was badly swollen though and the manager said: “We’re not sure how bad it is at the moment but he’s going to get checked at the hospital.

“He’ll get an x-ray and a scan there so we’ll know better what the situation is after he’s been looked at.

“Having spoken very, very briefly with the doctor and the physio, I know his ankle swelled right up immediately after the incident.

“That’s all I know at the moment but it was disappointing to lose him. He offers us so much as he’s a bundle of tricks and he does well in the wide areas.

“I felt we were too tight and narrow today and it showed that he wasn’t in the side after he went off.

“Temps was a big, big loss to us because he certainly puts crosses in, creates things and scores goals. We’ll just have to keep our fingers crossed on that one.”

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/2203-gers-wait-on-temps?

:anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope he's ok, this hurlock assaults need stamped out.

Was it a bad challenge?...I didn't see a replay of it but looked pretty innocuous at the time. As soon as he went off we literary had no width at all...hopefully its not to bad and he's back for the Motherwell game...although that looks unlikely.

Was it a bad challenge?...I didn't see a replay of it but looked pretty innocuous at the time. As soon as he went off we literary had no width at all...hopefully its not to bad and he's back for the Motherwell game...although that looks unlikely.

In general mate thr were a few the day but overall in most games so far thr doesn't seem to be any concern from officials when it happens, I understand we're 3rd division but these kids are the future and should not have to be concerned with hatchet men.

Black and mculloch can take it, I'm concerned for the wee ones when we're playing.

In general mate thr were a few the day but overall in most games so far thr doesn't seem to be any concern from officials when it happens, I understand we're 3rd division but these kids are the future and should not have to be concerned with hatchet men.

Black and mculloch can take it, I'm concerned for the wee ones when we're playing.

I suppose that because they arent getting the time on the ball they would in the SPL it should help them in their development, improving their awareness and decision making etc. You are right though about some of the challenges. Clearly some of these lower league players have the bit between the teeth with something to prove and someone will end up getting a real bad one if it continues. Some of the refereeing performances so far have been worrying...Some of the decisions today were terrible.