Say what you want but Ally's not good enough

robertkay

Cup runs and winning cups are great but tbh the main thing this season is to win this totty-howker league and I still say we will.

Ally just needs to change our approach from the beginnings of games , right through the ninety minutes.

IF he watches each of the games over a few times .... he MUST see where it's going wrong ?

Cup runs and winning cups are great but tbh the main thing this season is to win this totty-howker league and I still say we will.

Ally just needs to change our approach from the beginnings of games , right through the ninety minutes.

IF he watches each of the games over a few times .... he MUST see where it's going wrong ?

Worrying thing is we are getting worse and every cunt fancies a piece of us

Ally will always be a rangers legend but he isn't a good manager :(

I think he should stay at the club but in a different role and give someone else the managers job ..... I dunno who but someone who does have experiance :21:

First defeat of the season, on penalties whilst down to ten men, with almost an entire new team thrown together in unprecedented circumstances and with no pre-season training to fall back on.

Consider all of this then think of everything McCoist is and all he stands for and how much we owe him.

It saddens me that we have a large chunk of the support even contemplating removing that man in these circumstances. Poor.

In my mind McCoist has at least, at least, one seasons grace.

First defeat of the season, on penalties whilst down to ten men, with almost an entire new team thrown together in unprecedented circumstances and with no pre-season training to fall back on.

Consider all of this then think of everything McCoist is and all he stands for and how much we owe him.

It saddens me that we have a large chunk of the support even contemplating removing that man in these circumstances. Poor.

I see where you're coming from and don't take any pleasure in feeling the way I do, but that doesn't change it. It's the first defeat but it's the manner of it that's all too familiar.

I know what you mean with everything he has done and I know he bleeds blue but there's no way we can afford to give anyone a season's grace. Particularly after some poor, very poor, situations last season as well.

It's been a terrible time for him, for everyone, but we don't need to prolong it by feeling that we owe a Rangers fan, Legend and Family member his job when he isn't showing the competence to do it justice.

stuart mccall anyone? haha nah but seriously coisty must be feeling the pressure, this wont change his hero status i remember a certain someone failing on management level, still a legend though.

Dave White was sacked and his team( mostly) won the cup winners cup in barcelona with Willie Waddell, the point i'am tring to make is you need a winner, sadly mccoist is not a winner just like davy white, it did'nt stop us supporting rangers then it won't stop us now.

When we do turn this around then I hope people on here are man enough to apologise. I fear not, though.

I'll remember you all.

mccoist.png

I don't think anyone WANTS McCoist to fail, it just seems to a lot of people that he's not up to the job.

Could you honestly tell me if you've seen a plan developing, or a style of play or anything that points to the fact the we are getting better?

If a manager is trying something new, and you can see that maybe all that's required is a bit of luck then at least it gives you hope for the future.

Granted I watched last night's game on TV, so it's a bit more difficult to get a full overview of the game - but come on.

Against Queen of the South at Ibrox, and we have a situation where we are attacking and noone is in their box. Or the constant long balls. Or the constant sideways passes. Or the lack of movement, or indeed confidence.

I just CANNOT see how we are improving in any way, and I really don't think McCoist will be able to change that.

I promise you though, that if he does then I'll be one of the first to congratulate him and admit I was wrong.

By your reckoning he should be off then..... remember he was our manager last season and we all know the story there. He has been standing next to arguably our greatest manager ever, since 2007 and where is the evidence of his learning, his "plan B" . I have no doubts our manager will be hurting like the rest of us. He will make the decision when he feels he stands in the way of progression and only him ( apart from our CEO tbf)

I fear the state the team could be in when we return to the SPL. Like everyone else I hate saying anything negative about McCoist and I wanted to give him time but it looks like he and his back room staff really arent good enough for the long haul. This squad is now all we have for the next while so we need a manager who can get them playing football to a decent standard. If it keeps going like this we might be out of the running for promotion from Div 2 before the squad can be added to again (providing we can win Div 3)

If the teams doing well on the pitch the fans will keep turning out but if performances continue like this the crowds will drop. Green cant have that and I wouldn't think he would leave a change of management for that long.

There is no better man to be an ambassador for the club than Ally and I would love to see him in some sort of director form but as far as the on the pitch dealings and signings go he just doesn't have it

A good manager going through a bad spell will learn from his mistakes.

Playing Lee McCulloch in midfield when it clearly doesn't work and then doing it again and again proves he is not learning from his mistakes.

I don't remember one forward pass from big Lee all night,get him up front where he causes problems for the opponent.

Get Sandaza to fuck,he thinks he is brilliant when he is anything but.

Stop playing long ball against teams that are used to that in the lower leagues and lets move the ball around with pace and movement.

Lets get people in the opponents box.

When the opponent has a corner we don't need everyman defending,leave someone up the park for an outball.

Press the opponent further up the park,was going mad last night when QOS had the ball in defence and our team started to run backward into midfield giving them an easy way up the park.

As much as i love McCoist he is not a good manager but he will always be a legend. (tu)

Two big errors last night;

1) Starting with Sandaza as main striker & McCulloch central midfield

2) Double substitution at 2-1. In a league game it might make sense to tighten things up - if the opposition equalise it's 2 points dropped. Taking off a potential matchwinner in Mackay during a cup tie that could go to extra time was suicidal. As soon as QOS equalsed you knew we would struggle to create anything in the extra 30 minutes.

Love Ally as a legend but there are serious doubts about his tactics. I am sure we will get promoted without a problem & do not think Green will replace him at this time. With the transfer ban lasting until Jan 2014 any new manager would have to work with Ally's choice of signings, but I could see Ally moving upstairs next season & a new manager coming in then.

I don't think anyone WANTS McCoist to fail, it just seems to a lot of people that he's not up to the job.

Could you honestly tell me if you've seen a plan developing, or a style of play or anything that points to the fact the we are getting better?

If a manager is trying something new, and you can see that maybe all that's required is a bit of luck then at least it gives you hope for the future.

Granted I watched last night's game on TV, so it's a bit more difficult to get a full overview of the game - but come on.

Against Queen of the South at Ibrox, and we have a situation where we are attacking and noone is in their box. Or the constant long balls. Or the constant sideways passes. Or the lack of movement, or indeed confidence.

I just CANNOT see how we are improving in any way, and I really don't think McCoist will be able to change that.

I promise you though, that if he does then I'll be one of the first to congratulate him and admit I was wrong.

Superb post !!

This was the point I was trying to make to a mate last night, there seems to be NO plan from McCoist, not vision, no 5 year plan. Even if we look at his signings, some of them seem to have been rushed or signings of desperation, none of them seem to have been bought to fit into a formation or system. In fact I dont think Ally knows what system or formation he wants to play, which is the most worrying aspect.

How's it Ally's fault the referee allowed an offside goal?

If you think that goal was all that was wrong last night then you need to open your eyes.

I agree that that was a mistake and we would have won if he had not allowed it to stand but our performances are a joke and QOS deserved their win last night.

Heard McCoist say after last night he hoped this was "a wake up call"......how many wake up calls is that now?

If you think that goal was all that was wrong last night then you need to open your eyes.

I agree that that was a mistake and we would have won if he had not allowed it to stand but our performances are a joke and QOS deserved their win last night.

Heard McCoist say after last night he hoped this was "a wake up call"......how many wake up calls is that now?

Totaly agree i was there last night as i have been at every game and last night was embarrasing i felt ally had no idea what formation he was playing and to take off sandaza for kyle well that wasnt changing anything. i hope we can sort it out soon as with every game we play seems to put another nail in allys coffin