Templeton Twitter

Mansion

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was taken from today's courier

Police investigating 'disgraceful' anti-Rangers messages posted from young Dunfermline player's Twitter account

Police are investigating a series of sick Twitter messages sent from an online account in the name of a promising young Dunfermline Athletic player.

Dunfermline Athletic say the matter is in the hands of the police.

By Peter Swindon

Published in the Courier : 20.09.12

Published online : 20.09.12 @ 10.59am

Send link

The shocking posts aimed at Rangers footballers and fans appeared following Queen of the South's Ramsdens Cup victory over the Glasgow side on Tuesday.

One offensive message from an account in the name of under-17 player Jordan Combe reads: ''I…hate rangers…scummy…smelly ugly…hope yous all die slowly and painfully and your kids get cot death.''

A spokeswoman for Rangers described the online diatribe as ''disgraceful'' and reported the matter to Strathclyde Police.

It is unclear whether or not the tweets were written by the young footballer or were the result of somebody hacking into his account.

Dunfermline Athletic are understood to have alerted Fife police.

A vile rant was also sent from the account to Rangers winger David Templeton.

Another tweet reads: ''How…can you not beat QOS Rangers hope every one of you get a terminal illness and die slowly and painfully and your family's suffer.''

Father-of-one Alan Beggs (28), of Kinross, who captured images of the tweets before the account was shut down, said: ''It's quite disgusting stuff. I take it that whoever tweeted this is unaware of the foundation run by club legend, general local hero and all round nice guy Jim Leishman?''

Mr Beggs added: ''Perhaps locking them in a room with big Jim for a while will set his mind straight.''

Mr Leishman, the club's director of football, set up a charitable foundation in the name of his wife Mary after she died of cancer in 2009, aged 53.

Hundreds of community groups have benefited from the Mary Leishman foundation and Jim remains the driving force behind the fundraising efforts, organising dozens of events, from football matches to fire walks.

Mr Leishman, who became Fife's provost after being elected as a councillor in May, declined to comment on the Twitter messages.

''We've put it in the hands of the police,'' he said. ''I don't want to say anything more until I get the full details.''

The Twitter account was also used to issue thinly-veiled threats to people who objected to the original messages.

Greg Jessop, who described the tweets as ''disgusting'', was told: ''…come and say it to my face then instead of tweeting about it like a wee girl — either way I will see you tomorrow!!!''

Dozens of Twitter users called on Dunfermline Athletic to sack the youngster.

Chairman John Yorkston is holidaying in Spain and was unaware of the furore when The Courier contacted him.

''It's totally unacceptable, if that's what he has said,'' Mr Yorkston said. ''The club will obviously investigate it.''

A statement was later posted on Dunfermline Athletic's website saying: ''Matters regarding Jordan Combe are currently in the hands of Fife police who are conducting a thorough investigation. DAFC cannot make any further comment at this time until the club has all the facts to hand.''

A spokesman for Fife Constabulary said: ''It has been reported to us by Dunfermline Athletic Football Club and we are conducting a full investigation into the circumstances.''

A spokeswoman for Rangers said: ''These remarks on Twitter are disgraceful and we have reported the matter to Strathclyde Police.''

The Courier attempted to contact Jordan Combes and his family for comment, but was unsuccessful.

pswindon@thecourier.co.uk

How are you still here? <cr>

Excuse me? If you are insinuating that I'm not a Rangers fan due to me posting a comical picture from The Simpsons, which shows my distaste towards the clown that posted threats to Templeton, then GTFO. Idiot.

If that's not what you were suggesting, then please explain what you meant by "How are you still here?". I'd love to hear your reasoning for that comment. :wanker:

Dunfermline should have suspended this little creep pending the outcome of an inquiry and if found guilty he should be gone. Surely school must take action too after all it wasn't like it was just a single post, he made it quite clear what a disgusting character he has.

Sadly I have to agree that the press would be all over it if it had been aimed at septic fc players. Should be reported which ever club it was to make it clear you will be dealt with regardless of age, race or religion if you post such vile comments on a public forum. Hopefully this would have disuaded others from conducting themselves in a similar manner had they reported it, but I can only assume they didn't because it is rangers and the bias some appear to hold against our club.

Yet more shameful behaviour from certain major members of the scottish press IMO.

Nothing surprises me with the Scottish media. You can say you are going to cripple a Rangers player, wish death upon their future kids and nothing is said. Sniff in the direction of a celtic player and it is front page news.

As a father to a 12 week old boy I find it disgusting that he can come away with comments like that. Not much offends me but to wish death upon innocent, week old children is pretty fucking low. The thought of losing my wee boy, to cot death or anything else, makes me physically sick. The joy he brings to my partner, our families and myself is unmeasurable and to have a worthless piece of shit like that joke about something so serious makes me want to hurt him.

Hopefully the authorities take this seriously and actually do something about the vile wee bastard. People like that don’t have the guts to say things like that to people’s faces, they hide behind their keyboard dishing out insults.

I hope, as the article mentioned, that Jim Leishman does get a hold of that wee prick. I would love to be a fly on the wall for that conversation!

Sadly though I fear nothing will be done. As Green said, only in the "stupidity of Scotland", would some someone get away with that.

I also love how every youngster with a club in this country is "promising". Lets be fucking honest, about 10% of the youngsters at clubs are "promising" the rest are merely filling a jersey till they get released and join the fire brigade or grab an apprenticeship.

i love the fact most cunts are saying somebody hacked his account, so if thats the case did they also hack his account to post nude pics of himself.

bullshit

Agreed, at first I was a bit worried that we had been a bit harsh on the lad incase it genuially wasn't him and he was also the victum of some horrible wee cunts prank but on his twitter theres post from him from ages ago being abusive towards our club and it's fan base. The wee prick is a horrible wee cunt and I hope his football career is over before it hasn't even started.