Goolkeepers throwing out

nachothelegend

Watching the Chelsea v Juventus Game, and litterarly 28 mins before either Keepers Kicked it Long.

This to me has been absolutely key to us losing possesion constantly, especially since entering the 3Rd Div.

The Hud carriers at CH in these Teams are eating them up and its an issue with us .

I know our Back Four are looking uncomfortable on the Ball ,but since we lost Davy Wier ,and Boughera that part of our Game must improve.

We need these Guys to get on the Ball ,and look for the midfield to link up with Play.

But we also need some one to take it wide, and start to use the Flanks more even away from Home.

Its doing my head in Alexander punting it long.

Any thoughts on this?

I agree, the keeper punting the ball is entirely pointless. When you are technically superior to the opposition, why put the ball in the sky? Just makes the game a lottery. I also cannot understand why we bring the entire side back to defend a corner; it usually only means we have to defend everything twice.

Watching the Chelsea v Juventus Game, and litterarly 28 mins before either Keepers Kicked it Long.

This to me has been absolutely key to us losing possesion constantly, especially since entering the 3Rd Div.

The Hud carriers at CH in these Teams are eating them up and its an issue with us .

I know our Back Four are looking uncomfortable on the Ball ,but since we lost Davy Wier ,and Boughera that part of our Game must improve.

We need these Guys to get on the Ball ,and look for the midfield to link up with Play.

But we also need some one to take it wide, and start to use the Flanks more even away from Home.

Its doing my head in Alexander punting it long.

Any thoughts on this?

I was taught at primary school that possession is the key.Punting the ball up the park gives us a 50-50 chance of keeping the ball=Non-sensical.

The key,as you say,is having ball-players set to receive the throw-outs.

Argyriou is well capable.Wallace and Perry need more composure but Im sure thats possible.

As for Cribari......I'd take that 50-50 chance with the punt!

A lot of times last night we had a few passes going with the midfield and defence but when it went back to Alexander he was punting it, in that situation the RB and LB need to be coming a bit deeper to take a pass and keep possession, the same when Alexander has the ball he should be looking to throw it to either side if a CB doesn't have space.

Alexander should receive a kick in the balls for every long punt up the park he makes. Get someone to tally it up on the sidelines. Then, when he comes in to the dressing room after the match the players take turns kicking him in the nuts X amount of times.

Totally agree. Not a football expert, but as soon as its in the air it's a 50/50 at best.

Christ Sam allardyce has a reputation for back to front football, but u don't get the jobs he has had in the game if u can only launch it constantly.

Nothing has changed in that respect since plg was removed.

This surely can't b the way. If full backs don't feel comfortable with the ball, why are they playing then?

The days of 2 touch centre backs and full backs who only defend and play the ball up the line died out years ago.

I agree, the keeper punting the ball is entirely pointless. When you are technically superior to the opposition, why put the ball in the sky? Just makes the game a lottery. I also cannot understand why we bring the entire side back to defend a corner; it usually only means we have to defend everything twice.

Indeed all players back doesnt give an out Ball either .

But on topic we must get these guys on the Ball more, the more they get it the more they will want it .

Alexander has to stop it.

See when a defender drops back looking for it and the keeper waves them away before launching a punt straight to the opposition!

angry_person-saidaonline.jpg

About the most frustrating thing on a football pitch. Why do it just pass the bloody ball to them. They get payed money to be able to play football stop shitting yourself.

It's soo annoying,as someone said above surely it's tactics as Shagger was fucking terrible for it.

Ye I said he was terrible for it too but im not buying it was tactics. How often did we say defenders scream for the ball only for him to smash it up field. I genuinely think he just wanted the ball as far away as possible. :disappointment:

Nerves play a big part in the ability to build from the back. The old saying" if it's not near your goal, then they can't score".

Trust is also a major factor here. How good is the entirely new defence at finding a player when they get the ball to feet? Not too good at the moment IMO. Midfield set up ie, holding player, has to dominate the game from the off. We haven't had that pleasure yet, but if Black gets to sit back a bit or Jig in there, then it could be a different story. But we need them in different positions at the moment. Everyone wants to see Wallace bombing up the wing and doing what we know he can, but running the length of the pitch for 90 mins is unrealistic and if he is caught out of position, well?

The team seem to be terrified to get caught out just now. Yea, every one of them should be above the teams we are facing, part-timers, postmen and all that shite. Some of these blokes are as fit or fitter (excuse the pun) than full time players and run around like a headless Kenny Miller! Rolling the ball around their own box will see them get their arse handed to them.

Tough one just now but I'm sure it will come.

Ye I said he was terrible for it too but im not buying it was tactics. How often did we say defenders scream for the ball only for him to smash it up field. I genuinely think he just wanted the ball as far away as possible. :disappointment:

Yea I guess that does make it easier for a keeper if the ball is as far away from them as possible but if it's not tactics they should get their arse kicked there and then like Advocaat used to do.

Agree with the OP.

This could and should work very well in our league as it would allow us to draw the opposition forward and give us a chance to stretch the game.

Can't see us doing it though.

I remember kellie idling it very well under big mixu and they played some great football

Yea I guess that does make it easier for a keeper if the ball is as far away from them as possible but if it's not tactics they should get their arse kicked there and then like Advocaat used to do.

To be fair though, as amazing as he was at shot stopping he didnt have too much going for him in regards to distribution. He should have got his arse kicked.

Agreed - the long punt is just a lottery and we don't have the type of forwards to turn the punts into winning ticket scoring chances. So it needs to stop and although there are risks, the ball needs to be kept on the deck and played out. I know he's still settling in and taking a bit of stick but my impression is Cribari is starting to read our Div 3 games a bit better and although there is a way to go, is getting a bit sharper.

It's probably just wishful thinking but every now and then I seem to catch a glimpse of the possibility that he actually might be comfortable bringing a ball out of defence once he works out who it is safe to pass to (other than the opposition that is). As I say, probably looking for more hope in that department than might be the case but you never know.

Anyhow, risky though it may be adopting a policy of play out from defence would at least signal we are prepared to try a fresh approach. Who knows, the players might relish the challenge of transferring the ball quickly and accurately on the deck from defence to attack. Or is that just more wishful thinking brought on by the lack of beer tonight.