Coisty's signings

8watp8

I'm just thinking back to the players ally has brought in, a few have impressed boca wallace and the signings this season like temps shiels black. However so many have been very poor/ not given a chance which baffles me, bedoya mckay ortiz goian celik kyle sandaza cribari.

In a time where we were in financial turmoil and more this season where we have an embargo upon us, the signings have been half and half which we cannot afford, makes me wonder who is scouting these players, if its mccoist then he needs to take a good look, and our scouting system is non existent we should of been scouting all over europe for cheap youth.

The youth we do have we let go, mcMillan dissapointed many i know but the strangest two were letting 18 year old mcGeouch go and then sign for celtic who are singing his praises and also bendiksen who looked our one youth with abit of european flair, we should of been trying everything we could to keep these guys here. Hutton doesn't make the squad and the one player who has looked relatively solid in defence faure is left on the bench. <cr>

I'm just thinking back to the players ally has brought in, a few have impressed boca wallace and the signings this season like temps shiels black. However so many have been very poor/ not given a chance which baffles me, bedoya mckay ortiz goian celik kyle sandaza cribari.

In a time where we were in financial turmoil and more this season where we have an embargo upon us, the signings have been half and half which we cannot afford, makes me wonder who is scouting these players, if its mccoist then he needs to take a good look, and our scouting system is non existent we should of been scouting all over europe for cheap youth.

The youth we do have we let go, mcMillan dissapointed many i know but the strangest two were letting 18 year old mcGeouch go and then sign for celtic who are singing his praises and also bendiksen who looked our one youth with abit of european flair, we should of been trying everything we could to keep these guys here. Hutton doesn't make the squad and the one player who has looked relatively solid in defence faure is left on the bench. <cr>

Why the fuck did we sign Kevin Kyle...Oldish...lump of wood...shouldn't fit into the style we want to play...injury prone and above all...pish !! :mad:

How did he not give Goian a chance?! Celik came on against Dundee Utd at Ibrox (2-0 Scottish Cup defeat) and he looked piss poor. Ortiz didn't look too good either.

McKay didn't get a chance, nor did Bedoya (Apart from a handful of games towards the end of last season).

Sandaza, Kyle & Cribari are all getting their chance now. Sandaza isn't exactly grabbing the opportunity by both hands. Kyles had little time to do anything, if it wasn't for him, Peterhead would have beaten us (right place, right time, to head for Little to equalize). Cribari looks more settled than he did in the first couple of games but still making errors. Give them time.

mcgeouch was not let go.....he is a son of the rosary and walked out on the club to sign for the rotten to the core brigade.............he left them to come to us in the first place.

However so many have been very poor/ not given a chance which baffles me, bedoya mckay ortiz goian celik kyle sandaza cribari.

McGeouch go and then sign for celtic who are singing his praises and also bendiksen who looked our one youth with abit of european flair, we should of been trying everything we could to keep these guys here. Hutton doesn't make the squad and the one player who has looked relatively solid in defence faure is left on the bench. <cr>

Half the players you mention were not better than players we had in that position.

Who was Bedoya, McKay, Ortiz going to replace last season? Goian went on loan, Celik cut his deal when we went into administration. Kyle and Sandaza have just signed! Kyle is a decent signing for Div3, he'll give us a battering ram when we need it. He is a last 15min player for us. Sandaza has the ability but we're not setting up to show it.

In terms of McGeoch the boy didn't want to sign a new deal and instead wanted to go to Celtic, what can McCoist do? Bendiksen wanted to go back home, nothing McCoist can do there either.

Your argument is flawed, just admit you want to McCoist out.

How did he not give Goian a chance?! Celik came on against Dundee Utd at Ibrox (2-0 Scottish Cup defeat) and he looked piss poor. Ortiz didn't look too good either.

McKay didn't get a chance, nor did Bedoya (Apart from a handful of games towards the end of last season).

Sandaza, Kyle & Cribari are all getting their chance now. Sandaza isn't exactly grabbing the opportunity by both hands. Kyles had little time to do anything, if it wasn't for him, Peterhead would have beaten us (right place, right time, to head for Little to equalize). Cribari looks more settled than he did in the first couple of games but still making errors. Give them time.

poor/not given a chance, and imo goian was poor, if you take away his couple of good months at the start then he has been piss poor, whether it was a fluke or whether he became to settled nobody will know.

As for signings this year granted cribari can be given more time, but when have kyle and sandaza ever impressed in scotland, kyle is pish and sandaza was always an average player at best just a shitter version of boydy, tap in and penaltys with sheridan doing all the work at saints, couldnt believe it when we signed them both. :anguish:

poor/not given a chance, and imo goian was poor, if you take away his couple of good months at the start then he has been piss poor, whether it was a fluke or whether he became to settled nobody will know.

As for signings this year granted cribari can be given more time, but when have kyle and sandaza ever impressed in scotland, kyle is pish and sandaza was always an average player at best just a shitter version of boydy, tap in and penaltys with sheridan doing all the work at saints, couldnt believe it when we signed them both. :anguish:

If we were back in the Sphell you'd take Boyd back in an instant, infact, even if we could sign players you'd take him back in Div. 3 ..

He scores a shitload of goals, goals win you games.

So if your saying Sandaza is like Boyd, Sandaza should be worth it, if he scores anywhere near as much as Boyd did for us, i'll be happy. (tu)

Half the players you mention were not better than players we had in that position.

Who was Bedoya, McKay, Ortiz going to replace last season? Goian went on loan, Celik cut his deal when we went into administration. Kyle and Sandaza have just signed! Kyle is a decent signing for Div3, he'll give us a battering ram when we need it. He is a last 15min player for us. Sandaza has the ability but we're not setting up to show it.

In terms of McGeoch the boy didn't want to sign a new deal and instead wanted to go to Celtic, what can McCoist do? Bendiksen wanted to go back home, nothing McCoist can do there either.

Your argument is flawed, just admit you want to McCoist out.

why the hell sign them then if they were never going to push for a place, my point is we were so limited to our signings that they needed to be spot on and they haven't been, alot of them have been simply shocking. I love coisty and want it to work for him but every week another dicision baffles me, look at it this way if it was le guen in charge do you think there would be a few hundred outside green's office now protesting?

whether its down to scouting or the manager our singings have not been good enough and we are going to pay for it this season, temps already out and we are struggling for width.

The whole team is not playing as a team and although most of Ally's signings are good, Kyle being a significant exception, good players need better direction and Jig, as captian is doing a great job of screaming at them, but they don't seem to be listening to anyone.

I'm particilary disappointed in Sheils perfomance the other night, even if he's had an injury, I was expecting him to produce a bit better than he has up til now. I think he's had a couple of decent games and scored goals, but there was no evidence of that happening on Tuesday.

why the hell sign them then if they were never going to push for a place, my point is we were so limited to our signings that they needed to be spot on and they haven't been, alot of them have been simply shocking. I love coisty and want it to work for him but every week another dicision baffles me, look at it this way if it was le guen in charge do you think there would be a few hundred outside green's office now protesting?

whether its down to scouting or the manager our singings have not been good enough and we are going to pay for it this season, temps already out and we are struggling for width.

How fucking short a memory do you have?

We were skint and had to sign what we could to fill gaps - that is not going to buy you quality. These guys were squad players, not replacements for 1st team!

This seaosn we're in the 3rd division and our signings are of good enough quality to walk this league.

You sound like a whining bitch.

If we were back in the Sphell you'd take Boyd back in an instant, infact, even if we could sign players you'd take him back in Div. 3 ..

He scores a shitload of goals, goals win you games.

So if your saying Sandaza is like Boyd, Sandaza should be worth it, if he scores anywhere near as much as Boyd did for us, i'll be happy. (tu)

Boyd was a lazy bastard, he only scored goals because other players put them on a plate for him. In Div 3 with lesser players around him Boyd would be as useful as a cardboard tennis racket.

He made his choice and choose money over playing for his boyhood heroes. Fuck him.

Boyd was a lazy bastard, he only scored goals because other players put them on a plate for him. In Div 3 with lesser players around him Boyd would be as useful as a cardboard tennis racket.

He made his choice and choose money over playing for his boyhood heroes. Fuck him.

Bet you weren't complaining at the time though.

Bet you weren't complaining at the time though.

Eh I was actually, when not scoring Boyd offered hee haw to the team.

He was good at what he done RE putting it in the net with good players were around him, you stick him in a team like our just now he'd be fucking terrible.

Watching him live was so much more frustrating than watching him on the TV.

How fucking short a memory do you have?

We were skint and had to sign what we could to fill gaps - that is not going to buy you quality. These guys were squad players, not replacements for 1st team!

This seaosn we're in the 3rd division and our signings are of good enough quality to walk this league.

You sound like a whining bitch.

precisely my point about scouting, you dont need to spend big to get decent players, look at our players this season. these players weren't up to scratch for spl when called upon. I'm fed up of all these excuses fans are giving, the players need time bullshit is pathetic aswell look down south how have podolski kagawa and van persie done for "time to fit in", i seem to remember the cunts across the city signing practically all their signings on frees. yes im whining because someone has to otherwise we will fall into this rut and not come out. major change needs to happen in coaching scouting etc etc

Eh I was actually, when not scoring Boyd offered hee haw to the team.

He was good at what he done RE putting it in the net with good players were around him, you stick him in a team like our just now he'd be fucking terrible.

Watching him live was so much more frustrating than watching him on the TV.

Thing is Boydy was crap, he only scored over a hundred goals for The Rangers and is sphell record goal scorer not very good at all. :rolleyes:

Kyle - biggest mistake, there were a number of reasons we should not have signed him, would rather ally used one of our young lads or got one in with potential.

Sandaza - Never been convinced, hope to be proved wrong

Shiels, Templeton, Black -Proven players that will come good for the club

Argyriou - Looks like he will be a good signing, some decent performances

Faure - Am convinced he will be a good signing if only ally will play him in position at CB.

We have the chance to cherry pick the best of scottish footballing youth on the way up and get them signed to pre-contracts for next season this year. Should be for next to nothing in football terms too.

I think McCoist's signings have been pretty poor so far. We have had such a small squad for a while now so it meant every player in had to be good enough to fit into the first team. They had to be good enough to play straight away, improve, mainly the first team, and the squad. Not many have done that Im afraid.

Ortiz - waste of space, I never saw one thing from the bloke at all. Punted six months into his career. Poor signing.

Wallace - for the money we paid he isnt that great. I know there are a lot of Wallace lovers on here but there are better left backs out there, hence no Scotland call up. Considering we had very limited cash and we paid out £1.5m for a player in the last yr of his contract when we could have signed him on a pre-contract was poor business. Also considering we had a guy, Papac, who had played left back for us for a few yrs and had been consistent in that position. There was no need to replace him straight away. As a matter of fact it caused an unbalance on the left and meant McCoist had to accommodate the two of them. Playing Papac at left wing, cent mid and a holding midfield role. To me that is bad management. Poor signing.

Bedoya - showed glimpses of being a good signing when playing but never really done much. Most of that was down to the fact he never got a game. I reckon he could have been a half decent player given a chance. Poor signing.

Goian - is a decent centre half, showed enough in the SPL to convince me he would have been a decent signing. Shame he never really looked like he wanted to play in the third division but his international career was on the line. Good signing.

Boca - I do love captain America and he is def a quality player but again seemed to have an issue with div three. Good signing.

McKay - similar to Bedoya, never really given a chance at Ibrox. Aussie player of the yr but couldnt get a game. We cant claim to have much of a better game than the Aussie league. Seems weird McCoist signed both him and Bedoya if he was never gonna give them a chance. Poor signing.

Celik - only saw him briefly. Looked garbage to be fair! Poor signing.

Sandaza - has a pretty poor attitude, which was well documented before we signed him. He talks about us needing to go to war with the third div teams yet spends most of his time on his arse. Poor signing.

Black - does a decent enough job in midfield. Nothing spectacular but I guess that is his role. Decent signing.

Shiels - not been impressed so far with Shiels. He gets caught so many times with the ball its a joke. He never seems to be aware of the people around him. Poor so far.

Argyriou - looks pretty decent but again not really had much of a look at him. Looked fairly comfortable switching to a midfield role against Queens. Could be a good signing.

Faure - again hard to say as he hasnt played much for us. Didnt look to comfortable at right back but thats not his natural position. Young and could turn out a decent signing.

Templeton - is a good player, unfort injured at the moment but he should be a good signing for us.

Kyle - not given much of a chance. Could be half decent as a big man up front but is far to injury prone.

I may be missing some but the above list doesnt exactly read well. Obviously everyone has their own opinions on each player.

The squad we have is small but should be good enough to win this league. Whether or not the manager is remains to be seen.

Like DJ, Boydy's Rangers record needs no justification or defending by anyone, wouldn't you agree ?

No one was questioning DJ's record at Rangers though so....

Also Derek Riorden is the third time top scorer in the SPL....great player though eh <cr>