The Proof. The sun has seen documentary evidence that Hampden bosses asked ....

The proof

doc_1588584a.jpg

SANCTIONS ... Charles Green

ExclusiveBy ROGER HANNAHPublished: 56 minutes ago

SUNSPORT has seen documentary evidence that Hampden bosses asked Rangers to accept the loss of FIVE league titles and FOUR Scottish Cups.

The draft papers were given to Gers chief executive Charles Green at a top-secret summit this summer.

Top brass wanted Green to accept "EBT sanctions" in return for newco Gers getting the chance to be parachuted into Division One.

The package of punishments — instantly REJECTED by Green — would have stripped Gers of NINE major trophies won between 2001 and 2011.

They were NOT asked to give up any of their League Cup wins. Details of the offer, made during discussions involving Green, the SPL, SFA, SFL and administrators Duff and Phelps, emerged last night.

Had Green accepted the EBT sanctions, he'd have agreed to "(i) the withdrawal from Rangers FC, RFC and Sevco of the award and status of Champion Club (as defined in SPL Rules) of the Scottish Premier League for each and all of Seasons 2002/03, 2004/05, 2008/09, 2009/10 and 2010/11; (ii) the withdrawal from Rangers FC, RFC and Sevco of the award and status of winner of the Scottish Cup for each and all of Seasons 2001/02, 2002/03, 2007/08 and 2008/09".

Among a list of "Agreements and Undertakings" which Green was asked to accept were: "(i) accept and agree to be bound by each and all of the EBT Sanctions; (ii) the SFA and the SPL agree that no further sanctions will be imposed with respect to or concerning the EBT Payments and Arrangements; and (iii) RFC and Sevco shall not directly or indirectly make any claim and/or representation to have won any of the Championships and/or Cups which are the subject of any and all of the EBT Sanctions".

It's understood Green rejected the offer of EBT sanctions as Gers have still to be found guilty of any misuse of the Trusts. An independent commission appointed by the SPL will begin a hearing on November 13 regarding the alleged undisclosed payments.

HMRC is expected to announce the findings of its first-tier tribunal hearing on the EBTs within weeks.

Gers have already refused to co-operate with the former hearing.

And Green is facing an SFA charge of bringing the game into disrepute after claiming the process was "fundamentally misconceived".

The leaked papers appear to add weight to Green's assertion that a range of penalties have been considered before any guilt is proved.

SunSport has also seen an exchange of correspondence between HMRC and the SPL dating back to October and November 2010. Yet there was no official Hampden probe into Gers' use of Trusts until earlier this year.

But with Green having already threatened to take his case to law, the emergence of the secret documents shows stripping of titles has been on the Hampden agenda since the close-season.

Earlier this month, Green said: "The club cannot continue to participate in an SPL process we believe is fundamentally misconceived."

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye!

What a shite fucking surname! Wee fifey is coming on good :wink:

We're eakies mate you thought Whyte was a rat while I still backed him.

As I've said businessmen in charge of Rangers will do us a turn,Rangers fans will throw money at stuff.

Green has been talking of the States,Adidas and training academies while we're rightfully grumbling about results.

We are all Fifey mate but i get ignored as I'm not very nice to girls :lol:

We're eakies mate you thought Whyte was a rat while I still backed him.

As I've said businessmen in charge of Rangers will do us a turn,Rangers fans will throw money at stuff.

Green has been talking of the States,Adidas and training academies while we're rightfully grumbling about results.

We are all Fifey mate but i get ignored as I'm not very nice to girls :lol:

We are all FifeBearette!

Surely this commission is well ad truly fucked by now? How many times now have the SFA and the SPL been caught out with lies?

And what about all these charges against Green? There is now proof that Green was telling the truth and the SFA and the SPL were lying.