***The Official Rangers v Motherwell Thread***

simplythebest

:alexander:

pefaure.pngpeperry.png:Cribari::Wallace:

peargyriou.pngpeblack.pngpemacleod.pngpemckay.png

peshiels.png

:mcculloch:

Unless there's any returns from injury no point changing the winning team, would like to see Aird and Crawford start soon but this is probably too big a game for that, and Hutton seems to be out the picture.

We need to attack and get into them, no other thing for it.

I'm guessing we are going to set up more defensively than we did at the weekend, Motherwell seem to be scoring goals for fun (also conceding them too) so we will need to be at our best, possible better than we have been all season.

I'm guessing we are going to set up more defensively than we did at the weekend, Motherwell seem to be scoring goals for fun (also conceding them too) so we will need to be at our best, possible better than we have been all season.

We haven't looked very good in defence, using our attacking talents seems the only option for me.

Don't think McKay gives the team enough stuck out on the wing................needs to be played in one and behind strikers as he does have the knack of getting in the box and good close control.

I would seriously think of dropping Black and move the French boy into his position and play Aird for his pace and skill.

play a 3-5-2 .

We haven't looked very good in defence, using our attacking talents seems the only option for me.

Attack may be our best form of defense as they say but I fear in doing so we will leave space at the back that Motherwell could well exploit as they have done to teams all season.

We will need a superb performance from both Perry and Cribari which we have not seen as of yet from either.

Hopefully the fans and the players see us through this game, I am hopeful yet worried about our back line.

Toughest game of the season so far.

Alexander

Argyriou Perry Cribari Wallace

Black Faure

Aird McLoed Stella

McCulloch

McKay

Shiels

Hegarty

Gallagher

Crawford

Gone for four at the back rather than three as we have been so shaky there and five in midfield although with stella and aird pace this could quickly turn into a 4,3,3 when we have the ball.

With Argyriou and Wallace as full backs not as defensive as it might appear at first glance. Mckay and shiels should make excellent impact players and I see them coming on after the hour mark.

If black doesn't make it I would play Hutton or Mitchell in his position.

Don't think McKay gives the team enough stuck out on the wing................needs to be played in one and behind strikers as he does have the knack of getting in the box and good close control.

I would seriously think of dropping Black and move the French boy into his position and play Aird for his pace and skill.

play a 3-5-2 .

Absolutely no danger Black should be dropped. No way. (Not just because i love him). He hasn't done anything to deserve to be dropped & he controls that midfield. I felt we didn't play as good in midfield when he got taken off. I certainly wouldn't have taken him off to bring Sandaza on anyways. Maybe being a wee bit biased but no way i'd drop him.

Absolutely no danger Black should be dropped. No way. (Not just because i love him). He hasn't done anything to deserve to be dropped & he controls that midfield. I felt we didn't play as good in midfield when he got taken off. I certainly wouldn't have taken him off to bring Sandaza on anyways. Maybe being a wee bit biased but no way i'd drop him.

Black slows everything down and his freekicks and corners are desperate, he doesn't move forward and quite frankly needs to be dropped. When he went off on Sunday, the play picked up a pace that would not have been there with him on the park.

Same side as yesterday except I would start Aird instead of McKay because he looks a lot more natural out there, McKay looks a striker playing out of position on the wing and I think he's a lot more dangerous as a sub in the last 30mins when the game opens up.

Wouldn't start with Sandaza, he still isn't looking like the player we know he can be, although I'm sure he'll get there eventually.

Hopefully we take our time with the ball, waiting for the right opportunities and not giving away possession as much as we have been.

Argyriou has shown he is never a right winger and should never be played there, I personally would give Aird a chance he gave us that drive going forward when he came on.

533058_Rangers.jpg

Subs--

Scott Gallagher

Emilson Cribari / Sebastian Faure

Kyle Hutton

Robbie Crawford / Kal Naismith

Francesca Sandaza

Alexander

Argyirou Cribari Perry Wallace

Black MacLeod Shiels

McKay

Sandaza McCulloch

Glasgowblue ah'm wi you.

Shiels looks better back in his original midfield role. I'f stick Faure in midfield ahead of McKay though.

Motherwell are dirty bastards and will try to kick our players off the park.

I see no problem with starting the same 11 as on Sunday, even using the same subs, but have them come on a wee bit earlier.

If the players know they're going to be subbed at half time, maybe they can knock their pan in in the first 45.

This is the LC, and I think it could go to ET as there's no replays in this competition.

If we play like we did in Sunday's second half, we should have this won.