Ian Black so far this season.

FifeBearette

Andy Little's goal scoring consistency aside, nobody is setting the heather alight for me.... bit harsh I know but the truth hurts.... I am hoping Ally gets it through to the players that is is RANGERS they are playing for and to buck up their ideas...

What about Jigs goal scoring consistency?!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Flattered to deceive, keeps possession well, good control, decent range of passing. but doesn’t impose himself on the game enough, doesn’t hurt teams enough either.

Corners are garbage as well, and should be testing keepers more with shots from distance.

Where did the egg come from <cr>

Seriously though.

Are the midfield being by passed as a result of their performances?

Are the performances of the midfield as a result of being by passed?

I don't know the answer.

All I care about is we aren't retaining the ball well enough or winning it back quickly enough when we lose it.

I'd say their below par performances are a result of being bypassed. We play our best football when we keep it on the ground and keep the passing shorter. Hoofing it just plays to the teams that are in this division's strengths.

They'll be used to route one football being used against them every week. We'd be better off keeping it simple and letting them chase shadows, as one of their main disadvantages is their part time status, meaning they get less time to train.

Right, people saying he has been decent and others saying he "hasn't kicked a ball this season" .. What's your thoughts on him so far?! I know what i think but maybe i'm being biased. I certainly wouldn't label him as "hasn't kicked a ball this season" .. That's just pish patter.

Discuss :cgreen: ..

He has cruised it so far...very calm on the ball and rarely gives away possession. He does tend to hold onto the ball to long at times but I honestly think he has a few more gears for the bigger challenges to come. Would maybe like to see him be a bit more aggressive but I wonder if he is trying to play against that public persona he has.

Very happy to have him and I rekon in a few years he will be considered a top player for us.

We shouldn't be expecting to much from him. No point in laying all the responsibility to make things happen on his shoulders. We are a team and it is a team game.

I like him. He's done well, passes the ball about and rarely makes a mistake.

I agree he hasn't stood out in matches in particular but I'm sure the longer he is here and settles in the more he'll begin to stand out.

I'd love to see his passing accuracy for this season so far. Must be at least 80-85%.

Id rather have him in our side than play against him, but so far I havent seen too much to rave about.

Yes, tidy on the ball and holds it well, if too long sometimes. Had the impression that most of his games have been in 'training' mode..he's not been as incisive with his passing as I would have hoped.

Still a way to go....and yes, he's got to clear 1st defender with corners and free-kicks.

Flattered to deceive, keeps possession well, good control, decent range of passing. but doesn’t impose himself on the game enough, doesn’t hurt teams enough either.

Corners are garbage as well, and should be testing keepers more with shots from distance.

He definitely imposed himself on Sunday's game. I thought he was our best player not including MacLeod. Got plenty of the ball and found his man with every pass. I think he defintely plays better without McCulloch next to him in central midfield and is likely to get better with time. If he's out for tomorrow's match it's a massive blow.

Tbh I've never really rated him as a footballer. A good coup for us considering we got an SPL standard player to play in SFL3 however I've always seen him as a second rate version of Kevin Thomson.

However I'll always give my backing to our players whether they're good or bad footballers.

I don't understand how people can say they don't rate him. Obviously didn't see many Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) games last season. He was their best player by a mile & one of the best in Scotland. He ran the show in the Scottish Cup Final also.

Seen someone mentioning they'd like to see him have more shots on goal. He has it in him. His goal at Ibrox for Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) when they beat us 2-1 towards the end of last season. :drool:

I know he's a player who likes to play nitty gritty but i don't think he can do that because he gets booked for pretty much everything! He's had some amount of tackles on him already, surprise he hasn't been injured before now.

Anyways, give him time, he will be brilliant. Mark my words.

Love you Ian. :h34rt: xo

He is a class player, but seems to have been a bit subdued in the last couple of games. I think he needs to stamp his authority within the actual Rangers team itself. There was an incident in one of the games recently (cannae mind which one it was), where Rangers had a free kick just outside the box. Sandaza and Black were standing over the ball, ideal position for Black I would have thought. It seemed to me that Sandaza more or less pushed Black out of the way in order to have the shot. He ballooned it over the bar of course. Remember screaming at Black to kick Sandaza out the road!! Stand up and assert yourself man, you are the one with the talent.

Been average so far Edu use to get slaugheterd for the same performance.

Was in tenants lounge after the game where Black came in didn't crack a smile or say much looked like he wanted to be a million miles away. Although he might have been gutted about his injury.

Been average so far Edu use to get slaugheterd for the same performance.

Was in tenants lounge after the game where Black came in didn't crack a smile or say much looked like he wanted to be a million miles away. Although he might have been gutted about his injury.

this,did nobody notice when he went off on sunday and mcleod went into central midfield the boy was doing what black couldn t control

the midfield and make telling passes,black has been poor since he joined,but im certain he will improve,another thing he smokes like a

chimmney

this,did nobody notice when he went off on sunday and mcleod went into central midfield the boy was doing what black couldn t control

the midfield and make telling passes,black has been poor since he joined,but im certain he will improve,another thing he smokes like a

chimmney

How do you know he smokes like a chimney?! You the shop keeper who sells him fags? :lol:

Non existent in games as to what he was brought to the club to do. Needs to stop this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq7DGvfnr3U

And get back to winning the ball and driving the team forward...........you saw the difference when he was subbed on Sunday the whole team picked up the pace, he does slow the game down far too much.

chimmney

Was really impressed with McLeod looking forward to see how he gets on tomorrow night.