Ian Black so far this season.

FifeBearette

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Non existent in games as to what he was brought to the club to do. Needs to stop this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq7DGvfnr3U

And get back to winning the ball and driving the team forward...........you saw the difference when he was subbed on Sunday the whole team picked up the pace, he does slow the game down far too much.

agree,night and day to what he was in a Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) jersey

Black has been not too bad so far, he is not playing at his best but thats probably due to the fact that the team are not quite firing on all cylinders, he has shown brief spells of what he is about and I am confident he will come good for us.

Been average so far Edu use to get slaugheterd for the same performance.

Was in tenants lounge after the game where Black came in didn't crack a smile or say much looked like he wanted to be a million miles away. Although he might have been gutted about his injury.

wv2-ian-black-rangers.jpg

Just for you. :D

I think cunts have been watching a different Black from me, either that or they are still showing their bitterness towards him. He's been the best signing so far. Always wants the ball, keeps it on the deck, can pick a pass and keeps his head down. Certainly not the Black i hated so much at the feeder team. Has went missing in some of the away games, but I suppose when the balls being punted over you theres not much you can do.

Right, people saying he has been decent and others saying he "hasn't kicked a ball this season" .. What's your thoughts on him so far?! I know what i think but maybe i'm being biased. I certainly wouldn't label him as "hasn't kicked a ball this season" .. That's just pish patter.

Discuss :cgreen: ..

I will say from the outset I was very anti Black when he came here.

I thought he was an animal at Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) and whilst he did have some good qualities, these were grossly over shadowed by his on park reckless challenges and off the field antics in class a substance dabbling.

I have however been very impressed with his work ethic since he joined us and his movement during games has been spot on. He is always the out ball to the rest of the team, happy to go Sandeep to pick the ball up form the back line or support the forwards. His challenges have been pretty well measured as well but at the same time he hasn't really been tested by decent midfielders. I do hope that he has tempered this side of his game though.

His distribution has also been very good although again I think he sometimes struggles to communicate with the rest of the team meaning that his good vision in picking out a good through ball is not picked up by the intended recipient.

Overall I would say I have warmed to him as a player and a Bear. What has been disappointing for me though is that he and Sheils have not formed the dynamic partnership of holding midfield to attacking midfielder that I would like to see. The season is still early though and that is one partnership I would be really excited to see take off

I think cunts have been watching a different Black from me, either that or they are still showing their bitterness towards him. He's been the best signing so far. Always wants the ball, keeps it on the deck, can pick a pass and keeps his head down. Certainly not the Black i hated so much at the feeder team. Has went missing in some of the away games, but I suppose when the balls being punted over you theres not much you can do.

Agree with much of this.

Wasn't keen when he was a Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) especially when he nearly snapped Jelavic in half.

Every time he gets on the ball he is getting hammered.

I worried about him coming to us because he is prone (or was) to the regular red card and I didn't think we needed to be playing with ten men, however someone seems to have got through to him and he seems to have calmed down greatly.....Could there be a warning clause in his contract regarding discipline?

I think he's been our most STEADY player, and at times like this we need those.

If he sharpens a little and gels with a decent player I really do think we at Rangers will see the best of Ian Black, because until he came to us, there were too many disciplinary issues constantly circling him..

So overall I'm happy but hope to see a bit more from him. :21:

I never rated him at Hearts (SFL3 feeder club),and this talk of him being a hardman is utter nonsense,But i must say im glad he signed for us because he could be playing in a higher division but he knew who was the biggest and greatest team in scotland,so fair play to him for that.Hes ok at passing would like to see him start setting up attacking moves with his passes though.

Can i just say he has my backing because he joined us when no one else seemed to want to know us.

On the pitch though he just slows it down far too much for me. Also has picked up far too many silly bookings.

To be fair...most of those bookings were for absolutley fuck all.