Ian Black so far this season.

FifeBearette

Right, people saying he has been decent and others saying he "hasn't kicked a ball this season" .. What's your thoughts on him so far?! I know what i think but maybe i'm being biased. I certainly wouldn't label him as "hasn't kicked a ball this season" .. That's just pish patter.

Discuss :cgreen: ..

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he has done ok. He rarely gives the ball away and he is great at making space for himself to play a pass. He has also improved our delivery from set pieces. Having Black in the side should allow MacLeod to get forward and support the attack, something we hadn't seen until Sunday so long may that continue!

Been decent so far but theres a bit of bite that seems to have gone from his game. Not sure if thats on advice but there are a couple of times I'd like to have seen him put a marker down early in games and maybe impose himself on the midfield a bit more. Generally very tidy on the ball and a welcome addition to what was a decimated first team squad.

Nobody has been exceptional. Seen flashes of what's possible from Black, McLeod, McKay and Shiels but only flashes.

To be fair to Black he's been a marked man in games and tackles steaming in the minute he's near the ball. He's handled it well but must affect how he approaches games, knowing he's probably going to get hacked the minute he's on the ball.

I think our whole midfield has under-performed badly during almost every game.

They are being over run in most games, by 3rd division part-timers. We aren't controlling the ball enough.

FFS QoS gave us a footballing lesson at times.

You think? I think its more to do with Alexander and the defenders by passing the midfield

Looking for a bit more from him. Not bossed games as much as i thought he would/should. He is a better passer of the ball than he has shown us so far.

Set pieces not up to scratch. Overall, could do better.

He'll come good though, i rate him as a player.

You think? I think its more to do with Alexander and the defenders by passing the midfield

Possibly, I just know possession isn't good enough. I'm not for a second saying MacLoed, McKay, Black, Shiels aren't good enough I just think for some reason they haven't controlled games, they haven't won the ball back quickly enough as a team. They are allowing sub-standard teams to pass us off the park at times.

Juts my opinion, but thats why I'm sitting at a PC in my office and not taking training at Auchenhowie :lol:

I did think QoS midfield were far ahead of us in that game.

The team is still finding its feet, and Blacks role within the team suffers the most from the rest of them not being 100%. He's been one of the best players of the season. His work ethic and attitude are amazing. Not to mention his skill on the ball, that he doesn't get to use too much due to our tactics. David Templetons first goal? That was all down to Black opening up that play.

Lets not forget he was the first to say fuck you to the SPL and sign with us.

I wish he could take more chances at goal. He has a some shot on him. Remember when he hit the bar, the game after his International debut? I got the impression that was his "I don't need Scotland" statement.

I say egg, the egg hatched some mad inbred bird that became a chicken 10310.gif

Where did the egg come from <cr>

Seriously though.

Are the midfield being by passed as a result of their performances?

Are the performances of the midfield as a result of being by passed?

I don't know the answer.

All I care about is we aren't retaining the ball well enough or winning it back quickly enough when we lose it.

Neat and tidy, been decent so far, he has looked slightly out of sorts the last few matches although i think that is to do with the overall poor play of the team. No doubts he is a decent enough player but i think he can bring more to our team. I wouldn't mind seeing him playing the captains role in the middle, dragging the rest up to their game and rallying the team forward, i think he has that in him. I would also like to see him shoot more often, all our players are so hesitant to shoot from distance which i think needs stamped out. I am a shoot on sight guy and would love to see our players be more bold going forward including Ian.