The Restoration of Mr.Struth's Stone.

TheMoonlighter

The Founders Trail last stop of the day is Craigton Cemetery where we pay our respects to our Rangers Legends including our greatest ever manager Mr. William Struth.

During our Tour in August fellow Rangers supporter Graham Mackay commented with a heavy heart on how faded Mr.Struth's stone had become.

2cse79i.jpg

The day after the tour Graham rang to inform me that his brother Ian was qualified in the art of stone restoration and would be honoured to put his skills to help repairing Mr.Struth's Stone.

Over the last few weeks Ian, during his own time ,got to work and has done an incredible job. He is currently in the process of ordering letters for the name STRUTH at the bottom of the stone.

Mr.Struth, i'm sure, will be tipping his hat in approval.

ver6ee.jpg

At the beginning of this week i contacted the Club and informed them of Ian's voluntary work and attached some photographs.

Sandy Jardine has since writen to Ian and invited him and his brother into the Directors box for an upcoming Rangers match.

Ian will be proud that he is doing something for a Rangers great, but it's guys like these that sometimes don't

realise that it's gestures like this that bring the Rangers Family closer together.

Reading the OP really hits your heart strings and makes you even prouder to be a Ger.