Our youth in the next three years

GOAT

This is the best chance we'll ever get in modern day football to develop our youth players. Aird, Hutton, McLeod, McKay etc have all shown what they can do, but they are still young and raw, if they are given the regular starting slots which they will HAVE to get in the next 2 years especially, they are only going to get better. Who knows what they can produce.

Man Utds current dominance came because of the fact Scholes, the Nevilles, Beckham, Giggs, Butt etc all came through at the same time. Not saying we will ever get the same quality as that, but if we can develop our players in time for coming back to the SPL who says we will need to make much signings? I'm really excited about some of our youth players, and hopefully there is more to come.

Our youth academy is where Green should be investing any cash we have just now. We should be throwing money to it and getting the best possible coaching system we have. Make Auchenhowie the premier youth system in this country. Why can't we produce a Beckham or a Giggs if we go about it the best possible way?

I'll tell you another thing I'm really disappointed in, losing McCabe and Fleck. McCabe IMO was a fantastic young talent and he was only going to get better and better. For all the talk about Fleck something must have been there, and he would have got his chance now.

I'll tell you another thing I'm really disappointed in, losing McCabe and Fleck. McCabe IMO was a fantastic young talent and he was only going to get better and better. For all the talk about Fleck something must have been there, and he would have got his chance now.

I'd add Ness into that. He was the most exciting talent I've seen at Ibrox since Charlie Miller.

Just had the same discussion in work. They will all develop technically if they get the regular starts. Even more encouraging is the physical development they will take on (Aird and Mckay especially). Look at the way Macleod and Hutton bossed the centre of the park and drove us forward on many occassions, was fantastic to watch.

Also, that Motherwell right back was probably having nightmares about Fraser Aird. Don't know how many years we've been crying out for a direct winger and now we've got 3!

Exciting times ahead if we can keep this bunch together.

Just had the same discussion in work. They will all develop technically if they get the regular starts. Even more encouraging is the physical development they will take on (Aird and Mckay especially). Look at the way Macleod and Hutton bossed the centre of the park and drove us forward on many occassions, was fantastic to watch.

Also, that Motherwell right back was probably having nightmares about Fraser Aird. Don't know how many years we've been crying out for a direct winger and now we've got 3!

Exciting times ahead if we can keep this bunch together.

Watching Aird last night, it's easy to forget the guy is only 17.

The most important thing for us is that we try and stop becoming a selling club. Easier said than done in this day I know, but if we can keep our best young talent and develop them properly who knows what we can achieve. Youth is where everything needs to be focussed on now.

Gotta say young mccabe left and won't get as much opportunity as he would have here, he will rue that decision in time to come when his old team mates are playing in Europe infringed of every one of us, gutted he went and even more so over naismith now that the dust has settled, McCabe would have been a regular now imo.

This is the best chance we'll ever get in modern day football to develop our youth players. Aird, Hutton, McLeod, McKay etc have all shown what they can do, but they are still young and raw, if they are given the regular starting slots which they will HAVE to get in the next 2 years especially, they are only going to get better. Who knows what they can produce.

Man Utds current dominance came because of the fact Scholes, the Nevilles, Beckham, Giggs, Butt etc all came through at the same time. Not saying we will ever get the same quality as that, but if we can develop our players in time for coming back to the SPL who says we will need to make much signings? I'm really excited about some of our youth players, and hopefully there is more to come.

Our youth academy is where Green should be investing any cash we have just now. We should be throwing money to it and getting the best possible coaching system we have. Make Auchenhowie the premier youth system in this country. Why can't we produce a Beckham or a Giggs if we go about it the best possible way?

Yep, couldn't agree more mate. In a perverse sort of way, this could be the best thing that ever happened to us...IF we really seize the moment and spend the next 2 - 3 years focussing on youth development and giving the youngsters regular games.

By the time we get back to the SPL we'll have a fine young battle-hardened team. :beer1:

Gotta say young mccabe left and won't get as much opportunity as he would have here, he will rue that decision in time to come when his old team mates are playing in Europe infringed of every one of us, gutted he went and even more so over naismith now that the dust has settled, McCabe would have been a regular now imo.

I still honestly say McCabe in the few games he played I felt was more exciting than Ness was.

Good post, and totally agree. It was an absolute joy watching the youngsters last night. On the other hand, if McCabe , Ness et al, hadn't left then we probably wouldn't be seeing the likes of Aird and McKay just now, so every cloud has a silver lining. Btw, i thought Hutton was superb at times last night, and can't undwerstand why he hasn't be getting a game based on that performance.

Good post, and totally agree. It was an absolute joy watching the youngsters last night. On the other hand, if McCabe , Ness et al, hadn't left then we probably wouldn't be seeing the likes of Aird and McKay just now, so every cloud has a silver lining. Btw, i thought Hutton was superb at times last night, and can't undwerstand why he hasn't be getting a game based on that performance.

All off the field issues with Hutton, unfortunately. Not all to do with Kyle himself, as I understand it.

It's a great shame, because he was terrific last night.

We need to start demanding top money for our guys and driving a hard bargain. Our youth policy will pay for itself if we get good use out the boys then sell at a good amount. Man Utd won with kids but Man Utd were able to keep every kid they brought through. I hope we can do the same.

Totally agree with everything. I think when the shit hit the fan, most probably accepted that the "senior" players would go but that would leave us with the kids that had come through and because they had been so promising everyone was still positive about the future. The biggest disappointment across the summer was those youngsters choosing to leave as well when they'd only played half a dozen games each!

Now they've gone, they will regret it so we'll just focus on the new batch.

It's a glorious opportunity. Looking at Dortmund, they've produced back to back championship winning teams by themselves. This, after being in a perilous financial position. Feyenoord are also beginning to see the benefits of playing youth. While we are playing in Scotland, it is our only option.

Also, Jamie Ness was the best prospect by a million miles for me. He had a hell of a cheek to leave after us looking after him with his injuries. Being honest though, he wouldn't last 5 minutes in the SFL :(