Rangers ban BBC over Ally ‘suicide’ clip storm.

Rangers ban BBC over Ally ‘suicide’ clip storm

Green_and_McCoist_1592822a.jpg

Outrage ... Charles Green and Ally McCoist slammed clip

RANGERS yesterday banned the BBC as the broadcaster refused to say sorry over a clip of boss Ally McCoist in a mock suicide.

The broadcaster’s staff were told to stay away from a club media conference.

And Gers stars will snub Beeb reporters at today’s Scottish Cup tie at Forres Mechanics.

Raging chief executive Charles Green demanded an apology over the animation sequence which showed a figure like McCoist plunging from an Ibrox window.

He said: “It is deeply regrettable the BBC has failed to understand the strength of feeling within the club and among supporters on the issue.

“The response from BBC Scotland failed to address appropriately the grave offence taken.” McCoist blasted the “tasteless” plug for coverage of Wednesday’s League Cup tie with Motherwell — and linked it to a probe into the suicides of teenagers Sammy Joe McGeachy and Catherine Bradley in Bonhill, Dunbartonshire.

He said: “In the current climate it would have to be, at the very best, tasteless and inappropriate. Look at the newspapers and the stories about the two young girls.”

Yesterday sports presenter Jane Lewis said on Twitter: “No radio or TV interviews on the BBC from Rangers.”

We revealed yesterday how Gers were fuming over a Radio Scotland jibe at McCoist on its flagship comedy footie show Off the Ball.

BBC bosses revealed they have received 274 complaints at their Glasgow HQ. Ofcom was “assessing” complaints made to the TV watchdog.

Last night the BBC was unavailable for comment

Now that they're banned, surely they can't keep stum forever.

Unless they don't want to cover Rangers at all.

Should be good to hear Off the Ball tomorrow, Bomber is on. doh

Well no one from Rangers will be talking to them. I doubt they will be showing many games anyway never mind Rangers games.

That game on Wed was a one off. And the cunts probably thought Motherwell would beat us that night. charles.png

Only 274 complaints - some of this forum want to get their fucking finger out and get into these snides!

The number of complaints is irrelevant. If it's upheld then one complaint would be enough.

That's why all those stupid religious groups achieved fuck-all with their organised campaign of complaining when they broadcast Jerry Springer : The Opera all those years ago. 47,000 complaints, but because there was no case to answer, nothing happened. Whereas the BBC has censured people in the past because of a single, justified complaint.

Actually the Jerry Springer complainers did achieve something: "The opposition by Christian Voice caused the cancer charity Maggie's Centres to reject a £3,000 donation from Jerry Springer: The Opera. Christian Voice threatened to picket their centres, which provide palliative care to cancer sufferers and their families. It claimed it had warned the charity that accepting cash from a show full of "filth and blasphemy" would be a public relations disaster."

Cunts!

Only 274 complaints - some of this forum want to get their fucking finger out and get into these snides!

I just sent them a complaint, and I got the same generic reply back within 10 minutes.

The bastards must have it on copy and paste.

The longer they are banned from Ibrox, the better.

Yo get one telling you that your complaint is being dealt with, in turn you'll receive another saying "we are sorry for any offence caused, it was not our intention" blah blah.

I followed mine up with a complaint to ofcom.

The previous poster to yourself says it doesn't make a difference and I see his point but indifference and apathy has allowed things to get where they are so in my book every little defense against this targeted campaign against us is a start if not a movement in our tolerance!

Have a rep for doing something about it sir!

This is what I received.

Thank you for your comments, which were passed to the Head of Sport, who has asked that I forward his response as follows:

“We are sorry if anyone took offence at the title sequence for Wednesday night’s Sportscene programme. It was certainly not our intention.

The sequence in question drew on elements of the opening titles to a popular TV drama series and was intended, in the context of our titles, to reflect the differing fortunes of the two teams taking part.

Thank you, once again, for taking the time to contact us.”

Which, obviously is just a copy and paste. And probably the same as what yourself received. This BBC Head of Sport must never sleep if he is available to receive complaints at 3am, which I guess probably shows themselves as the corrupt organisation they have become.

We have took shite for far too long, now that we are finally standing up for ourselves, the rest of this countries bigoted SPHell fans (I don't count SFL fans, as the majority have been understanding, and embraced us into their league, as they know what it means to have a team such as ourselves in their set up) are shiteing themselves, and they have absolutely no idea on how to deal with it.

And have a rep yourself. :)

The previous poster to yourself says it doesn't make a difference and I see his point but indifference and apathy has allowed things to get where they are so in my book every little defense against this targeted campaign against us is a start if not a movement in our tolerance!

I wasn't criticising you for complaining, just saying that one person making repeated enquiries is worth more than umpteen bog-standard complaints.

See this link.

This is what I received.

Which, obviously is just a copy and paste. And probably the same as what yourself received. This BBC Head of Sport must never sleep if he is available to receive complaints at 3am, which I guess probably shows themselves as the corrupt organisation they have become.

We have took shite for far too long, now that we are finally standing up for ourselves, the rest of this countries bigoted SPHell fans (I don't count SFL fans, as the majority have been understanding, and embraced us into their league, as they know what it means to have a team such as ourselves in their set up) are shiteing themselves, and they have absolutely no idea on how to deal with it.

And have a rep yourself. :)

if this person is able to recieve complaints at 3.am. i think we have just found the ibrox seat counter declan aswell.

I sent mine to BBC London

http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/

Dear sir/ madam.

I am writing to complain about the opening sequence to the Rangers v Motherwell match this week. In the opening sequence a figure who appears to be the manager of Rangers FC is shown falling or throwing himself of the top of Ibrox stadium. During the sequence it appears to be glorifying in MR McCoist’s demise. This disturbs on many levels, first it appears to be minimising suicidal behaviour or accidental death, secondly it appears to be a wide part of an belittling of the Rangers manager with a recent radio programme call “off the ball” spend a lot of air time belittling this man and calling him names, thirdly it appears to be part of a sustained campaign to present Rangers and people connected to the club in a negative light when ever possible. I am contacting yourselves as I have no faith in BBC Scotland in dealing with this complaint and hope for a professional response to this and the other areas that I have out lined. I hope that someone from your good offices looks at the professional standard of BBC Scotland, as in respect to Rangers FC it appears to have deteriorated markedly over the last few years. I hope to have a professional and balanced reporting to sport as well as all the other areas in Scottish life from the BBC but this has appeared to be sadly lack at times.

Yours in good faith

the reply

Reference CAS-1702220-T8L1NB

Thank you for your comments, which were passed to the Head of Sport, who has asked that I forward his response as follows:

“We are sorry if anyone took offence at the title sequence for Wednesday night’s Sportscene programme. It was certainly not our intention.

The sequence in question drew on elements of the opening titles to a popular TV drama series and was intended, in the context of our titles, to reflect the differing fortunes of the two teams taking part.

I sent mine to BBC London

http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/

Dear sir/ madam.

I am writing to complain about the opening sequence to the Rangers v Motherwell match this week. In the opening sequence a figure who appears to be the manager of Rangers FC is shown falling or throwing himself of the top of Ibrox stadium. During the sequence it appears to be glorifying in MR McCoist’s demise. This disturbs on many levels, first it appears to be minimising suicidal behaviour or accidental death, secondly it appears to be a wide part of an belittling of the Rangers manager with a recent radio programme call “off the ball” spend a lot of air time belittling this man and calling him names, thirdly it appears to be part of a sustained campaign to present Rangers and people connected to the club in a negative light when ever possible. I am contacting yourselves as I have no faith in BBC Scotland in dealing with this complaint and hope for a professional response to this and the other areas that I have out lined. I hope that someone from your good offices looks at the professional standard of BBC Scotland, as in respect to Rangers FC it appears to have deteriorated markedly over the last few years. I hope to have a professional and balanced reporting to sport as well as all the other areas in Scottish life from the BBC but this has appeared to be sadly lack at times.

Yours in good faith

Get this man rep'd

Good work

the reply

Reference CAS-1702220-T8L1NB

Same bog standard reply as I got. Fuck 'em