4 home nation flags

Jonok

Just thought of a potential compromise to this to acknowledge our fantastic worldwide support. Around the concourse area where the food bits are we could paint/display Murels representing all the different supporters groups around the world..would be quite good to view all the flags emblems and brighten up that area a bit?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thought of a potential compromise to this to acknowledge our fantastic worldwide support. Around the concourse area where the food bits are we could paint/display Murels representing all the different supporters groups around the world..would be quite good to view all the flags emblems and brighten up that area a bit?

Simple but brilliant idea. Got my vote

Be a bit like Take hart stars and stripes john aged 49

Why the fuck would we want a wales flag flying over ibrox,,,if you want and ulster flag over ibrox then say that but i believe the union flag is the flag of the united kingdom of great Britain and northern ireland,,,but why you would want an england and wales flag is beyond me,,,the union flag and st andrews is the only flags that should fly above ibrox

BRITISH BY BIRTH/SCOTTISH BY THE GRACE OF GOD

Firstly, fuck the taigs. None of their fucking business.

Secondly, fly all the home nation flags as we are a nall inclusive club with substance, unlike our superficial, corrupt, terrorsist loving bigoted noisy neighbours.

We are part of the union, be proud of it, show recognition of it and flying the four home nation flags is a bridge builder. sends positive messages to those who matter in these troubled times when we are under attack from haters on all sides. Let the scum complain and show once again their bigoted beliefs!!

NO SURRENDER and forever British!!!

That's a really good idea. it's really dull in they parts.

Anyone remember the guy that was going to do the paintings inside Ibrox last season?

Am guessing he never got to do them (can anyone confirm this?), but maybe someone could get hold of him?

Why the fuck would we want a wales flag flying over ibrox,,,if you want and ulster flag over ibrox then say that but i believe the union flag is the flag of the united kingdom of great Britain and northern ireland,,,but why you would want an england and wales flag is beyond me,,,the union flag and st andrews is the only flags that should fly above ibrox

BRITISH BY BIRTH/SCOTTISH BY THE GRACE OF GOD

As much as it would piss the second class in the city off having the RHoU flying high, I'd prefer to keep it with the Union Flag and Saltire myself too

As much as it would piss the second class in the city off having the RHoU flying high, I'd prefer to keep it with the Union Flag and Saltire myself too

I know that we are not politicians, butperhaps it wouldn't be a bag idea

for the 5 flags, up till the snp gets pumped in 2014.

Still used at sporing events

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Ulster

That is the flag of the Province of Ulster which takes in more than the 6 Counties of Northern Ireland.

The flag most associated with Northern Ireland is this one as we all know:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ulster_banner.svg

Firstly, fuck the taigs. None of their fucking business.

Secondly, fly all the home nation flags as we are a nall inclusive club with substance, unlike our superficial, corrupt, terrorsist loving bigoted noisy neighbours.

We are part of the union, be proud of it, show recognition of it and flying the four home nation flags is a bridge builder. sends positive messages to those who matter in these troubled times when we are under attack from haters on all sides. Let the scum complain and show once again their bigoted beliefs!!

NO SURRENDER and forever British!!!

Are you thick,,,,,let me say this so you can understand,,,,the union flag is the flag of all four home countries,,,,we do fly the flag of all for countries,,,,did you watch the olympics scottish english welsh and northern irish all under one flag,,the union flag,,,i personally wouldnt want a wales or england flag over ibrox,,,,wouldnt mind the ulster flag because of our ulster connections but thats it,,,,

p.s i dont think the scum would care if we had a wales flag

I can see why our welsh supporters, english supporters and particularly our NI supporters, would want their flag flying over Ibrox. But it shouldn't happen or we would have 100's of flags flying.

Manchester United fly the Irish Tricolour over old trafford :anguish:

No they don't.

Anyway, nope, just fly the Union Flag and the Scottish Flag.

Fans can bring their own ones if they want.

He's correct actually, the Ulster Flag is used by GAA, Sinn Fein, IRA amongst others, the White Background flag with the 6 point star and crown is the Ulster Banner.

I know mate I'm just winding him up as he normally prides himself on

being so well read but has just referred to Ulster as a county! :)

Cheers. SB

It just came across as he wasn't going to answer no to anything.

Like I said, the quality of questions was: Can we have an orange top? CG: aye

Can we flay the red hand over Ibrox? CG: aye

Really thought out important questions. Just a bit like the other day when the tour of America was done, most folk were going on about how good it was going to be that Adidas were going to be making our top.

There is a lot more important issues going on right now, like Charles saying we are never going to go back to the SPL.

What's the plans with that then?

Seems to me that Charles wanted to go over there to talk about things like the share issue, but was instead just asked a load of pish about what colour of tops is he gonae bring out.

Like I said, maybe not Charles fault, those questions were pish.

he already told us the options maybe you should listen. he said not 3 or 4 days ago he likes the sfl's league reconstruction ideas but not the spl version. The sfl have not released their plan to the public since it is still at discussion stage. He is merely letting the other teams know before voting how rangers (ie money) is going to vote.

the orange strip is already part of three strips already designed by nike as part of discussions we held with them and ideas they put forward, so he wasnt just saying yes he is already a little down the road with this.

you have completly ignored the meetings he held during the day with some really important people in northern ireland the Q A was just a side show. He spent 2 days talking and being taken round by supporters and that is when they made their minds up about him and decided they could back this man without worry.

Strange debate really, if our over-riding position is to be in support of the Union, then by far the best way to display this is by flying the Union Flag, the individual component parts should be secondary at most.

And let's be honest, most people in support of it aren't interested in the Welsh Flag flying are they?