Proposed Supporters Boycott Of SPL Club's In League Cup

271 members have voted

1. 1. Should supporters boycott any SPL team they may be drawn away to in the League Cup?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No axe to grind, but he thinks we expect preferential treatment? How does that work?

Perhaps its because we were treated so differently that we are so angry, has that crossed his, or indeed your, mind?

What he means is that he perceives us as wanting to stay in the SPL and raging at being coted out.

The way I see it we were shafted by the SPL and rthe SFA with all the concessions to stay in the top flight. Illegal punishments, admitting to guilt when nothing has been proven yet.

However when a club goes into admin the rules are you go down. Now we didn't ask to be parachuted into the first division or anything like that, but the feeling I get is that fans of the smaller clubs think we expected to and that's why we are so angry. I was struggling to give my reasons why I hated clubs like St Johnstone or St Mirren.

I wouldn't have expected any club to vote to keep us in the SPL. If they had done that purely for financial reasons then that goes against whats happened to every club before us. I beleive it should have been equal punishment. My axe is with the people running the SPL and SFA for trying to cripple us while we are down. But i don't see why boycotting say a non descript club like St Mirren has to do with this? Yes, they voted to keep us out but I would expect that, as that's the rules for all.

Much the same as Misteral in circumstance and view.

For this to work it would have to be extremely well organised and publised to reach all Bears.

Maybe I have missed it, but I havent seen it brought up, on the view that we go all the way to a cup final, against a SPL team, I think that would be the hardest decision, in reality I would think it would have the greatest impact, a final boycott, but can imagine that it would wrenching for most Bears to say the least.

If the decision is made to boycott it has to be followed through to the end even if that end is a final.

I would have no problem boycotting the final if we made it through.

Infact, I agree with you 100% that this would have the greatest impact. Imagine it. A final at Hampden live on TV with only half the ground full, and only a handful of Rangers fans (to ensure they need to pay for Stewards and Policing obviously).

You'd need to explain that one to me WVB.

Where in the football rule book does it state that a club is bringing the game into disrespute by not asking for away match tickets?

All the club need do is ask the home club to take responsibility for selling tickets to rangers fans themselves.

I doubt there's anything in the Rule Book against this.

We could say since administration we just don't have the staff to sell tickets for other clubs. Unless, of course, they pay our staff to do so.

CG will no doubt have thought of every avenue open to him as he continues to keep the fans onside.

What he means is that he perceives us as wanting to stay in the SPL and raging at being coted out.

Then he is an idiot, and you should not waste time trying to make him see it from our point of view.

The way I see it we were shafted by the SPL and rthe SFA with all the concessions to stay in the top flight. Illegal punishments, admitting to guilt when nothing has been proven yet.

However when a club goes into admin the rules are you go down. Now we didn't ask to be parachuted into the first division or anything like that, but the feeling I get is that fans of the smaller clubs think we expected to and that's why we are so angry. I was struggling to give my reasons why I hated clubs like St Johnstone or St Mirren.

I wouldn't have expected any club to vote to keep us in the SPL. If they had done that purely for financial reasons then that goes against whats happened to every club before us. I beleive it should have been equal punishment. My axe is with the people running the SPL and SFA for trying to cripple us while we are down. But i don't see why boycotting say a non descript club like St Mirren has to do with this? Yes, they voted to keep us out but I would expect that, as that's the rules for all.

Are you sure that the rules stated a club gets demoted for going in to admin.

Oh and the rest of your argument is utter tosh but expected among sections of our support who are perfectly happy to just sit and take everything thrown at us with just a whimper.

Are you sure that the rules stated a club gets demoted for going in to admin.

Oh and the rest of your argument is utter tosh but expected among sections of our support who are perfectly happy to just sit and take everything thrown at us with just a whimper.

Didn't the same happen with Gretna, Livingston??

Look I havent been to an away game near me in Glasgow for years being living in Oz. The Peterhead game was a great day out but the football was terrible. Why cant I go Paisley, have a few beers and see the chance of us humping an SPL side on their own patch?

What specifically have say St Mirren done to warrent my boycott? I'm only using them as an example. I'm not taking anything, I just need something more than they voted to put us down. My understanding is that it wouldnt normally go to a vote but the SPL or SFA forced the situation.

Voted yes, but

I think the only way a boycott will work if there is a clear and definite number of games or timescale that the fans are going to boycott certain grounds.

For example boycott the first 2 games we have to play at their grounds (wether this be in the cup or when back in the same league as most of them.

After that we should only take the same number of tickets for their grounds that they sell at an average game at ibrox. Eventually if the other clubs treat Rangers fans better, charge sensible prices and dont use them as a money maker then the fans could return in significant numbers to away games.

But a long term boycott and never going back surely hurts the Rangers players and they desserve our backing no matter what.

Look I havent been to an away game near me in Glasgow for years being living in Oz. The Peterhead game was a great day out but the football was terrible. Why cant I go Paisley, have a few beers and see the chance of us humping an SPL side on their own patch?

What specifically have say St Mirren done to warrent my boycott? I'm only using them as an example. I'm not taking anything, I just need something more than they voted to put us down. My understanding is that it wouldnt normally go to a vote but the SPL or SFA forced the situation.

From memory Gretna were already bottom of the league and were deducted 10 points which made relegation a certainty. And again from memory it was Livingstons 2nd time in admin that did the damage.

Why can't you just got to Ibrox instead of away?

And St Mirren voted for our exit. Their chairman was a prick when discussing us and like the rest of his cohorts have presided over disgraceful and biased decisions which were bad for us and Scottish Football. Gilmour knows the agenda but went with 'Sporting Integrity' instead of rules and principles.

http://www.New new bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-18261343

Wankers like Gilmour benefited from us for years and when we got in to trouble rushed to put the boot in.

Not one single offer of help from him or any of them so fuck him and the rest of the SPL.

From memory Gretna were already bottom of the league and were deducted 10 points which made relegation a certainty. And again from memory it was Livingstons 2nd time in admin that did the damage.

Why can't you just got to Ibrox instead of away?

And St Mirren voted for our exit. Their chairman was a prick when discussing us and like the rest of his cohorts have presided over disgraceful and biased decisions which were bad for us and Scottish Football. Gilmour knows the agenda but went with 'Sporting Integrity' instead of rules and principles.

http://www.New new New new bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-18261343

Wankers like Gilmour benefited from us for years and when we got in to trouble rushed to put the boot in.

Not one single offer of help from him or any of them so fuck him and the rest of the SPL.

I do go to Ibrox when I can but im up North with my missus most weekends so midweek is better for me.

I'm not argueing with you but I haven't seen anything to convince me I should be boycotting a club like St Johnstone or St Mirren. They voted to put us down and I expected that.

Have a look at some of these other clubs' fans' forums. You'll see from there why we need to strangle THEIR clubs.

I voted yes but to the suggestion that Ibrox is opened up on "SPL side" away days, there'd have to be a good screen(s) in there (RangersTV could broadcast the game) or use the present screens to watch the match from the seats of our football home. I for one love being in Ibrox, I'd pay to get in there without a game on haha. A game to watch and food to eat and I'd be sorted. Dunno how many people would be up for this but Rangers won't lose money and they will. The fee wouldn't need to be extortionate, just to maybe the overall equivalent that we'd expect from normal away games.

The only thing that stops us is the fact that we'd be taking away support on matchdays to Ally and players who more than deserve our songs and cheers. I will be brutally honest here, I haven't been to much away games in the past but I will definitely not give any side that voted our club down money in the future.

I think there can be a reasonable outcome of this boycott because I believe it has to happen, we need to show the world that we won't be treated like shit anymore and we'll help reduce the income into these vermin clubs and associations as they've done to us.

Boycott of all SPL away clubs grounds 00000042.gif There must be no leeway

Starve their club, starve their club, qtr of a mill rangers fans are worth to their economy.

If they boycott us back, we'll fill it. As for shitting in the spl, I think they'll make a tidy some however long we boycott

With all due respect, I sincerely hope there ain't too many Gers fans who don't care about other clubs trying their best to bury our club.

(tu)

The house of cards is a fragile place to live.

We have a fortress, manned by thousands, tens of thousands, hundred of thousands.

Their dirty little secrets will bring them down, sooner than most believe.

The more that care, the quicker they will fall.

post-63288-0-31154700-1349330463_thumb.j

Everyone has to remember that all the other SPL clubs were threatened with a boycott by Celtic fans groups if they did not vote against us. I am not saying they are innocent but I do not think a boycott in the cup matches is the right thing to do.

Everyone has to remember that all the other SPL clubs were threatened with a boycott by Celtic fans groups if they did not vote against us. I am not saying they are innocent but I do not think a boycott in the cup matches is the right thing to do.

So the fans of the other SPL clubs put the welfare of the celtic fans before the welfare of Rangers FC?

Good. All the more reason to boycott the bastards.

That is an awful argument mate...by that reckoning you think they did the right thing by supporting the wishes of Celtic and their supporters?

A boycott maybe isn't the right thing but after the hatred and vindictiveness we suffered from these clubs I personally will not attend a game at their grounds...