Judas or not?

Logan_RFC

Here's an article from our ex-skipper Davis

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/leaguedivision3/4568458/I-could-go-back-to-Ibrox-my-big-regret-is-not-lifting-a-trophy-as-skipperVIS.html

What do you guys make of this?

It just reeks to me. He decided to leave the club he 'loved'

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/leaguedivision3/4568458/I-could-go-back-to-Ibrox-my-big-regret-is-not-lifting-a-trophy-as-skipperVIS.html

Mixed reaction from the fans?

Real Rangers men don't walk away.

davis was a favorite of mine... not now though i read the article half way down... as i thought to myself.. steven you didnt have to lead the team to silverware to be a rangers great, all you had to do was be at ally's back. but hey good luck with your career at southampton.

What is it with the traitors speaking to the press about how they miss Rangers and wished they could have stayed?

Jesus, I'd give my left and right nut to play for Rangers, no matter what fucking league we are in!

Exactly.

"I wish I could have stayed"

"You could have"

"Erm...."

Traitors and cowards.

What really got to me about Davis, Lafferty, Naismith and the other so called Rangers men who didn't move their contracts over was the fact that guys like Boccanegra and Goian did. I don't ever see a way back for any of them. Btw, does Nimmo Smiths statement by his definition of the club not mean that there should have been no debate over the contracts? By this I mean you sign on as a player with a club, not the owner of the club.

Everytime I read these interviews I dont feel anger , I just feel extremely let down from players I loved. I hope he does come back to ibrox one day .. playing against Rangers for some shite mob.. so I can let him know exactly how I feel about him leaving.

The way I see it is there was only one players betrayal that was worse than this Judas and that was Naismith after the years the club and fans stuck behind him through his injuries and he jumped ship as soon as he could get a decent pay day.

I'll be honest in that in my mind all the so called Rangers men who jumped ship for nothing more than a couple extra digits in their signing on bonus are judases and none of them should ever be welcome back at Ibrox in any capacity.

The fact he left isn't the problem for me. Like Naismith, mcgregor etc he is a talented player coming into his peak and wants to play at the highest level possible. I wouldn't have expected them to stay with us in the 3rd..

However he jumped ship before we even knew and it was the way he and the others left that still angers me! They chose their own greed over helping out the club they allegedly love and has done so much for them. Had they stayed then left like edu did I personally would not have had a problem with that!

They have all tried to build bridges and maybe they will see the grass isn't always greener down there...in terms of success and support none of them will get close to what we have but regardless none of them should be welcomed back to Ibrox in my opinion!

Started to read it (newspaper report) - and couldn't get beyond the first paragraph. The very same way as they walked out on RFC, i've just as easily & quickly finished with them.

Don't want to read of any of those judas's again - as that part of our history was too difficult. We have the future to look forward to now.

What really got to me about Davis, Lafferty, Naismith and the other so called Rangers men who didn't move their contracts over was the fact that guys like Boccanegra and Goian did. I don't ever see a way back for any of them. Btw, does Nimmo Smiths statement by his definition of the club not mean that there should have been no debate over the contracts? By this I mean you sign on as a player with a club, not the owner of the club.

I think that with contracts of employment it would be the company that owns the club that matters. I wouldn't want HMRC taking the view that we still owe them anything.

He was the worst of the lot for me. I thought he was Rangers through & through. If he has 8 good years left as the article said could he not have given it a go & found out that life is not so bad in the SFL after all.

Southampton will just be a stepping stone for him if he is lucky & plays well but I don't want him back here in 5 years when we are top & he is not doing so well down south.

I get wound up reading stuff like this. Davis and Naismith walking away were the hardest for me to take. The only reason the "majority" or so you say, thanked you was because we got a fee for you. You'll never get the chance to lead Rangers to glory ever again. Lee McCulloch is everything in a captain that you are not. Passion, loyalty and he grafts, something that you didn't do for the majority of last season. Anyways, enjoy rotting at the bottom end of the league with Southampton.

P.s If you're reading this, don't come back to Ibrox, ever.

1349226718' post='1060500927']

http://www.thescotti...skipperVIS.html

Shocking captain

Became worse as a player

Fucking traitor...we cannot have captains that cannot be counted on in a crisis.

Davis you ain't welcome.