Theres still something about CG..

Reid

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

.. that doesnt sit right. he seems to have all the answers and says exactly what we want to hear exactly when we want to hear them.

keep vigilant bears :ph34r:

After what we've been through,who could blame any one of us if we don't all follow the leader blindly.

But I think most Bears are cautiously optimistic about the Green consortium,although a few remain sceptical,and that's cool.Let's at least see what this guy can do.So far he's been bang on the money.

Won't Neg rep you for having an opinion.

exactly mate, this has to be remembered from both angles though. As you can see from some of the replies in here, some folk are all to quick to jump anything that would remotely suggest CG isnt a god.

when we're sitting pretty turning over a 10million a year profit then i'll happily get on my hands and knees and bow in front of him, but until he does that i dont think we should all be so taken by him. By all means give him the credit for what he's done so far, but he's not our saviour... yet.

I just don't understand what you were expecting that he isn't doing to hold your trust. Trust isn't earned, it's given and maintained.

We had to trust Charles Green in the beginning because he bought the club. We gave him our trust and it's for him to maintain. So far, for a division 3 club in Scotland, he seems to be doing the right things.

will bring yours back up a little when I have any reps to give, it was a valid question looking through your later posts.

haha cheers fella but im not one for a rep count, actually felt quite good getting a wee blast of some negs :craphead:

Difficult to use a message board as some kind of measurement of fan thoughts.

I'd suggest that there are more people with their feet on the ground than you'd imagine.

very true, too many tarriers on here :craphead:

thats what i'd like to think mate, its hard not to cringe at some of the shite thats posted on here though (tu)

exactly mate, this has to be remembered from both angles though. As you can see from some of the replies in here, some folk are all to quick to jump anything that would remotely suggest CG isnt a god.

when we're sitting pretty turning over a 10million a year profit then i'll happily get on my hands and knees and bow in front of him, but until he does that i dont think we should all be so taken by him. By all means give him the credit for what he's done so far, but he's not our saviour... yet.

Some take it too far, for sure. It's a message baord though. Opinions are generally ridiculously OTT one way or ridicuulously OTT the other.

I think the majority of Rangers fans haven't forgotten Whyte and are simply cautiously optimistic about Green.

To be honest, and i'm not meaning to accuse you in any way, because i'm sure you ain't - but its exactly what a taig on the wind-up would say. Ha, that's gonna sound harsh but its not meant to be - you've discussed your point and clearly are just making a valid point - but do you know what I mean? It came across as slightly goading and intended to stir - again, i'm sure that wasn't your intention by your sensible discussion throughout the thread. I'm just trying to point out the initial ill will (tu)

Ha I hope you don't take insult to that - just trying to put across what some people might have thought

Chuck - He's done alright in my books - of course, we'll have to see what happens in the ensuing months/years but I think he has to be given a chance

I'd agree with the OP.

Aye, he's doing well. But a lot of the stuff he says is pure shite and simple to appease us, hes been here a few month and fans treat him like a god. :lol:

Could bite us on the arse big time.

What 'stuff' is pure shite? He's stated long term objectives and has delivered more, so far, than many thought possible. He even has a sense of humour and I think some of his humour has been taken as fact by some (i-Brox for example). If you're talking about the hotel then its more than feasible within a G51 development and theres merit in all of the development plans that have been put forward.

I'm thinking that the European league idea is something that is still under discussion and its possible that things were discussed when CG was at the UEFA meeting. Media rights is a huge issue across football (its a big reason why the Glazers are hanging in at United), the time is rapidly approaching when clubs will seek their own deals and forward planning in the US and Asian markets may expand the potential revenue exponentially.

Of course the club needs to walk before it can run and focus should remain on getting the club back to the top of scottish football but there is nothing wrong with preparing the way for future development and maximising the potential of the worlds most succesful club!

haha cheers fella but im not one for a rep count, actually felt quite good getting a wee blast of some negs :craphead:

very true, too many tarriers on here :craphead:

thats what i'd like to think mate, its hard not to cringe at some of the shite thats posted on here though (tu)

Of course, but you have to just say to yourself, well, half the people on here are fucking idiots. Once you do that, it all becomes easier. You just have to know who on here talks sense and who's only on here to talk shite and hate Celtic

I just don't understand what you were expecting that he isn't doing to hold your trust. Trust isn't earned, it's given and maintained.

We had to trust Charles Green in the beginning because he bought the club. We gave him our trust and it's for him to maintain. So far, for a division 3 club in Scotland, he seems to be doing the right things.

we're both singing from the same sheet here fella, i 100% agree with your post.

I just think its now that we're at the stage that him saying a few strong words in a tv interview or at a meeting aren't enough, and that if he has all of these big lucrative deals then we should start seeing some movement on it.

As a support we couldnt have been any better to CG, at the start he simply played us and maybe aye, now he's realised just big we are that there's more than just making a quick buck. But we've stood by him, and now its time for him to truly show where he stands, to prove he's not just another one of these empty promises.

So far its looked good, but nows the time to up the ante Charlie.

Of course, but you have to just say to yourself, well, half the people on here are fucking idiots. Once you do that, it all becomes easier. You just have to know who on here talks sense and who's only on here to talk shite and hate Celtic

it seems all too often that having an opinion that doesn't come from uber rage makes you a taig on here quite regularly though unfortunately.

Ha I hope you don't take insult to that - just trying to put across what some people might have thought

haha not at all mate, tbh i was bored and i knew i'd get a decent discussion (amongst the dross) from my first post. (tu)

i did a CG, and said what had to be said to get the exact response i was after :craphead:

We should always keep our eye on whoever owns/runs the club. I don't like businessmen as such, mainly because in this deregualted world of today, they can get away with whatever they say is right.

That said, I understand business theory OK and he reckons he wants to get us into a profitable position and seel us on for more than he paid. Thats fair enough, as if he does get more than he paid, he'll have turned us round into a financially healthy once more.

I don't think this is the right time just yet and he should have a bit more patience before trying to sell us on. There's a lot of work to do yet.

The main reason I think CG is good for us is that he's taken on the authorities, authorities that are clearly out to break us, and he's managed s=me good successes in pointing out their bias. Of course he playes to the stands, as did the fakers that wanted us out of the SPL played to the stands. I don't think we should criticise CG for doing this just because some anti-Rangers journalists are saying it, and saying it, and saying it again.

Unfortunately shit does stick when you repeat it ad infinitum. I just hope he keeps saying what he's saying.

it seems all too often that having an opinion that doesn't come from uber rage makes you a taig on here quite regularly though unfortunately.

Human nature for people to 'conform' and an anonymous online board makes people act a certain way to blend with the proles.

And often, it's straw men people rage about - they don't often exist in reality.

leading to guys thats been on here 10 mins calling you a taig :lol: got to love the internet eh?

leading to guys thats been on here 10 mins calling you a taig :lol: got to love the internet eh?

As I said before, you just have to know who people are - I know who I respect on here. Even if I don't agree with someone's opinion, if they at least have logical discussions then i'll respect what they say.

The rest, I assume, are wee 12 year old neds, sitting there in their trackies, who have simply been brought up to be fucking idiots who can't see any opinion but that of one 100% positive towards Rangers

As I said before, you just have to know who people are - I know who I respect on here. Even if I don't agree with someone's opinion, if they at least have logical discussions then i'll respect what they say.

The rest, I assume, are wee 12 year old neds, sitting there in their trackies, who have simply been brought up to be fucking idiots who can't see any opinion but that of one 100% positive towards Rangers

To be fair, there's two people on here (whose arses I won't kiss) that I have respect for who called me a taig (not recently) when I started out. I did choose a somewhat controversial first post though so I may have to take the bulk of the blame.

As you say, pick your battles early on I suppose.

To be fair, there's two people on here (whose arses I won't kiss) that I have respect for who called me a taig (not recently) when I started out. I did choose a somewhat controversial first post though so I may have to take the bulk of the blame.

As you say, pick your battles early on I suppose.

I don't think I dare ask what it was incase I have an urge to call you something bad...

I don't think I dare ask what it was incase I have an urge to call you something bad...

Tbh i was one of them and it his first few posts by his own admission were "iffy", as ever he has redeemed himself but we remain vigilant :cgreen: