Theres still something about CG..

Reid

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is nothing wrong with us having an Orange top. It should have no bearing if we chose to wear it because of its perceived affiliation to Protestantism. Since when has it been illegal to be Protestant? Since when has it been illegal to promote a Protestant heritage? The Parkhead mob have brought out a 3rd strip which looks like a short-length priest's cassock with its religious motif instead of a badge. That motif is deliberate for its affiliation to Irish Catholicism but nobody says anything about that. They wear a shirt with the flag of another country. The silence is deafening.

Bring out an Orange top and make no apology for doing so.

as meatloaf once sang 'you took the words right out of my mouth'

CG has the hardest job ever trying to to convince millions of bears he's the real deal. He will not please everyone but lets give him some respect and trust, he has earned that for what he has said and done so far. The future on the front does look bright....and the future should look Orange (on the next 2nd strip).

:P

There is nothing wrong with us having an Orange top. It should have no bearing if we chose to wear it because of its perceived affiliation to Protestantism. Since when has it been illegal to be Protestant? Since when has it been illegal to promote a Protestant heritage? The Parkhead mob have brought out a 3rd strip which looks like a short-length priest's cassock with its religious motif instead of a badge. That motif is deliberate for its affiliation to Irish Catholicism but nobody says anything about that. They wear a shirt with the flag of another country. The silence is deafening.

Bring out an Orange top and make no apology for doing so.

Exactly mate - It may not be the case now, but the history of Rangers and Scotland for that matter was based on Protestant, Presbyterians. We are Scots. These minority are not - and the more they are pressing that, it appears that we must disassociate ourselves from proud and successful past. I have had the privilege to travel and have worked in many countries. And in 99% of cases everyone welcomes a Scotsman - like no other, and i mean no other, including the ourish.

We are in our Country. This minority are not; even by their own claims are on foreign soil, and they have even made the best of us feel uncomfortable about that.

Maybe one thing, perhaps CG will show us how to fight stand up for ourselves again.

People seem to think that because we approve of what Charles Green is doing/ saying that somehow we've all turned a blind eye to what he is doing. I don't think so.

He has stated categorically on a number of occasion Rangers own Ibrox, Auchenhowie and the car park.

He has also stated Craig Whyte has nothing to do with the club.

Other than those two items (which we need to take on trust, other than the SFA have also requested proof Whyte is not involved) we can only judge him on what he does with the business side of the club.

So far he has:

1. Supported Ally by bringing in proven SPL quality players

2. Cancelled the JJB deal and replaced it with Sports Direct at better terms

3. Obtained the Megastore for Rangers again

4. Bought the Edmiston building for renovation

5. Travelled to meet our USA and NI fans clubs

6. Fought our corner with the SPL and SFA

7. Working on new partnerships with kit sponsors and potentially stadium/ commercial sponsors

All this doesn't seem to be the actions of someone looking to strip the club of assets.

We'll always be eternally vigilant, not just of Charles Green but whoever succeeds him as well.

(tu) exactly the thread should have been closed after this post. People just never want to be happy they always got to think they know best and everyone else is wrong.

Charles Green has told us he will make money but the right way he even told us when he got his 1st cheque. What more do we want from the guy?

You don't get many CEO'S letting the fans know whats going on as much as Green has. And Green told us that he will tell the fans whats going on in his very 1st interview when he became CEO.

The guy has told us the truth, he's not taking any shite from people like the SFA and SPL or the media.

He sticks by Ally McCoist as seen with the New BBC (bigots and tax dodgers).

People are not used to this much good news happening at out club thats why they think it's odd. The only reason i can think of with posts like the OP'S.

charles.png

Big difference between Green and Whyte, Whyte alluded to what he was going to do yet nothing ever seemed to materialise whilst Green has already made big steps already to secure our club has a bright future. I'd be mad to say I trust him one hundred per cent as the last two scumbags have made me more cautious but I believe Green won't guide us down a bad path.

Big difference between Green and Whyte, Whyte alluded to what he was going to do yet nothing ever seemed to materialise whilst Green has already made big steps already to secure our club has a bright future. I'd be mad to say I trust him one hundred per cent as the last two scumbags have made me more cautious but I believe Green won't guide us down a bad path.

Maybe a road mate, maybe even an orange brick road........

I think most of us enjoy the soundbites - but I don't know any supporter buying his material hook, line and sinker. If he leaves the club in a much better way than as when he found it then I'll be content with that.

But, if he doesn't already know this, he bloody well should - if he does us over he'll be chased as quick as Whyte was.

And, after all that, I'm loving his in yer face style after years of apologists and total fucking bams.

I do worry sometimes that everything seems so positive. There is currently a very difficult economic climate to negotiate and I fear that some suggestions about revenue streams are a tad over optimistic to say the least.

How many people do you know have made decent money from football club ownership? There are not too many. And we are currently in a recession.

I know it ain't popular for me to say this but I do think we are hearing all the right things ALL the time. Surely it can't always be this rosy in the garden.

Please do not get me wrong, I am not slagging CG in any way, I am just trying to inject a note of realism into the debate. There will be hardship along the way.