Ross County's vote

Captain Hilts

No

Charles Green confirmed 10 SPL teams had the right to vote.

Ross County were not a member of SPL at the time of the vote, neither were Dundee.

Why you ask ?

was flicking through the sports channels and saw a bit of their game with Inverness. got bored after 30 seconds :lol: couldn't remember if they voted one way or the other

I find it remarkable that a team entering the SPL for the first time would want to kick out their biggest cash-cow.

Nail on the head (tu)

Would love to know the real answer.

Cant see any reason their fans would either. Sporting integrity my arse. Somebody got to them. :mad:

Nail on the head (tu)

Cant see any reason their fans would either. Sporting integrity my arse. Somebody got to them. :mad:

As a teucher who has [had?] a soft spot for Ross County I was surprised they (and Caley Thistle) voted against Rangers. I too would like to know the truth of why they voted no as quite a few County fans were shocked by the decision. Ross-shire includes the 'bastion of Protestant faith' and a few Rangers fans with a soft spot for Ross County (and some that don't).

Was it because 5 clubs had already voted no?

It wasn't over fans not buying season tickets as they were selling more at that point than ever in their history.

The 'fans poll' did not seem to sway him as they can be very biased even tampered with.

Did he listen to the media (not advisable in hindsight).

The segments in bold may give a clue not only to Ross County voted no but why others did too. I doubt we will know the truth... :angry:

The Ross County chairman is on record thus -

So, where do Ross County stand when it comes to that July 4 vote? Well, MacGregor admits it now looks as if their vote will not matter because the numbers already stack up against Rangers.

However, he and Ross County have a responsibility to vote in the way they see fit.

MacGregor told the North Star that he still has an open mind ahead of the vote and, like all other top-flight clubs, supporters' views will be considered fully before he casts the club's vote.

Today, the Victoria Park chairman is heading to Hampden where he will be joined by 10 other SPL chiefs. Rangers are not invited.

There, he will listen carefully to every view and is keen to hear why clubs intend to vote one way or another before coming to a firm view one way or another and returning to Dingwall to discuss with his board.

He explained: "I have only been at one SPL meeting so far because we are very much the new kids on the block. All I know at this stage is what I am reading in the press, so Thursday meeting with 10 of the other chairmen is important because at the moment I am very open-minded.

"I don't know enough of the history here and want to hear the reasons why other clubs will vote yes or no and then I'll take that back to the board.

"This meeting is a chance for us all to catch up and weigh up the pros and the cons, although as we have seen in recent days, it's looks very much like newco Rangers won't be admitted into the SPL no matter which way Ross County vote."

County fans website and forum www.overthebridge.info ran a poll on how their club should vote on July 4 and 76.3 per cent say refuse Rangers entry to the top-flight.

MacGregor said: "As a club, we have to listen to our supporters and we'll do that. All I would say is that websites are not representative of all our fans and we'll consider all the views before July 4."

Can't see they had any other choice they were entering the league for the first time, it was pretty obvious we were getting booted if they had voted for us then they would have likely been boycotted by the mhanks etc further reducing the income received from what may be there first and last season in the SPL no brainier for them to vote us out really. Little did they know the mhanks were planning on boycotting there own side anyway.

Nail on the head (tu)

As I understand it company directors are legally bound to act in the best interests of their company (unlike Whyte). As both Ross County and Inverness are not cash rich clubs I would have thought it in their best interest to vote for Rangers and the at least they would be guaranteed a home crowd from Rangers fans, there were no guarantees that cel*ic fans would turn up even if they voted no. Therefore I would agree that someone had been spreading the poison especially in the case of Ross Co., if celt*c as a club behind the scenes were threatening a boycott that would certainly make the decision more understandable. If that was going on and was being used to intimidate a group of clubs surely that would be bringing the game into disrepute?

Nail on the head (tu)

This was never 'sporting integrity' mate - it was always organised corruption - manipulated from the appointments of regan & doncaster, the lloyds debacle, to muir in our board room, to the forcing of cw taking over, and even the knowledge of; but non intervention of cw & his nonpayment of paye/vat/ni.

The very same as often happens in their culture, they will attempt to sweep it away, but same as always, there's too much evidence against them - and the accusations will remain.

Long live the Queen, long live Rangers - We are Scottish, British & Rangers.