In Ally we trust

cooper1972

So Ally's total is 59 games (total) played and only 13 loses (with 10 draws). I guess for most other clubs this would be acceptable? Why do most fans reject this?

I like Ally, I say give him some more time. He does need to boot a few baws though. Some of the team players do need a reality check and yes, we need more protection from referees. We have to stop trying to play SPL type football and start playing SFL football for a while.

:21:

I reject these stats because we are playing against total dross - simple, part time players who maybe train 10hrs a week together; some work a shift after playing at the weekend.

Booting baws u say??? He better start with his coaching staff then

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I reject these stats because we are playing against total dross - simple, part time players who maybe train 10hrs a week together; some work a shift after playing at the weekend.

This is more hours than we train.

Not complete dross. For these guys, they see it as a cup final against us. Everyone of them is told they are the underdogs so just go out and see what happens. We try and play (sometimes) neat, passing football and get booted round the park with no protection from the refs. A reality check is needed. We are in Div 3 playing Div 3 sides with Div 3 refs. If we don't adapt and play like them (all be it a bit better than them too) then we will will not win many cup final matches these guys play against us.

So Ally's total is 59 games (total) played and only 13 loses (with 10 draws). I guess for most other clubs this would be acceptable? Why do most fans reject this?

I like Ally, I say give him some more time. He does need to boot a few baws though. Some of the team players do need a reality check and yes, we need more protection from referees. We have to stop trying to play SPL type football and start playing SFL football for a while.

:21:

gies peace, since ally got the managers job we've had consistently the second highest wae bill in scottish football, and the second best squad available

remember ally took a team that got the the europa league quarter finals, added some international players to it, and got us pumped out of european competitions twice in a month

he has lost just under a quarter of games, and only won just over half, thats a fucking awful statistic for the biggest club in scotland

i keep saying this, but if ally was foreign or an ex aberdeen defender we'd be chasing him out of govan right now

gies peace, since ally got the managers job we've had consistently the second highest wae bill in scottish football, and the second best squad available

remember ally took a team that got the the europa league quarter finals, added some international players to it, and got us pumped out of european competitions twice in a month

he has lost just under a quarter of games, and only won just over half, thats a fucking awful statistic for the biggest club in scotland

i keep saying this, but if ally was foreign or an ex aberdeen defender we'd be chasing him out of govan right now

So what's your answer then? Replace the Manager? Ok, let's say he goes, who replaces him and you can only pick from those that are (or will be) free and willing to step down to Div 3 (even though it will be to manage the biggest team in Scotland the world)?

So what's your answer then? Replace the Manager? Ok, let's say he goes, who replaces him and you can only pick from those that are (or will be) free and willing to step down to Div 3 (even though it will be to manage the biggest team in Scotland the world)?

alex mcleish for a start would be a worthy shot

ANOTHER bad result. The clue is in the first word..how many more bad results before something happens either from McCoist or Green.

We lost to the WORST team in Scottish professional football.

Can people not see how utterly unacceptable and humiliating today's result was?

Im never humiliated being a Rangers fan .Hurting yes but the use of that word to describe how you feel about our legend and our FIRST defeat given our circumstances this season smacks of Agenda to see our Manager under pressure .For me more patience has to be shown .We are Rangers but our whole circumstances as a club has changed ..Our enemies are looking for the first opportunity to circle on him because they know that will break us at this vital time in our history .I will take a few defeats along the way .We have no devine right to win every game or play brilliant every week especially when we have so many boys in our team .If your a true supporter at the very least give Ally the whole season to get it right .Its the very least the great man deserves from us .

After everything ally has done over the last year, it's a joke folk wanting him out. Footballs boring as fuck when you as winning every week, 3rd divisions been great in my view as its made our games unpredictable. In 20 years IV seen us win enough games that immnot going to chase the greatest ranger out for a blip that won't be repeated. Sure we ain't perfect, but no one on this earth deserves to see us through the next few seasons than super.

alex mcleish for a start would be a worthy shot

Is he willing to come back to us? He was hounded out before remember on poor league form. He has also stated publicly that he won't manage another Scottish team.

I don't care who comes to play or manage or even work at Rangers as long as they do the best job they can for the club and the fans. I think Ally is doing his best (at least trying to) but maybe a bit naive?

After everything ally has done over the last year, it's a joke folk wanting him out. Footballs boring as fuck when you as winning every week, 3rd divisions been great in my view as its made our games unpredictable. In 20 years IV seen us win enough games that immnot going to chase the greatest ranger out for a blip that won't be repeated. Sure we ain't perfect, but no one on this earth deserves to see us through the next few seasons than super.

I stopped reading after this.

Is he willing to come back to us? He was hounded out before remember on poor league form. He has also stated publicly that he won't manage another Scottish team.

I don't care who comes to play or manage or even work at Rangers as long as they do the best job they can for the club and the fans. I think Ally is doing his best (at least trying to) but maybe a bit naive?

Just Googled McLeish's record at Rangers - win percentage = 65.96% (in all comps). Same as Ally's is currently.........

What was Eck's record like against Div 3 clubs? Was it better than 3 wins from 7 games?

Managerial statistics

Team Nat From To Record

G W D L Win %

Motherwell Scotland 13 July 1994 10 February 1998 156 48 45 63 30.77

Hibernian Scotland 11 February 1998 11 December 2001 164 77 42 45 46.95

Rangers Scotland 13 December 2001 8 May 2006 235 155 44 36 65.96

Scotland Scotland 29 January 2007 27 November 2007 10 7 0 3 70.00

Birmingham City England 28 November 2007 12 June 2011 168 62 51 55 36.90

Aston Villa England 17 June 2011 14 May 2012 42 9 17 16 21.43

Total 774 357 199 218 46.12

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_mcleish

Best records with Scotland then Rangers but the fans hounded him out!

3 out of 7 isn't good enough in the SPL for us never mind Division 3.

Ally isn't a good enough manager and shows no signs of improving.

He's always going to be Super Ally and arguably the greatest ever Ranger, we'll remember him as that and not as a bad manager.

We need to part company, sadly.

What was Eck's record like against Div 3 clubs? Was it better than 3 wins from 7 games?

Your mistake is trying to compare Ally as Rangers manager to any other. What other manager has had to endure what he has since he got the job? Big Eck would do better against Div 3? so would Walter and Bill? FFS, grow up mate. Lets take any club in the world, strip them of their squad, throw them into a different league and see where they are.

Some of you don't respect how difficult the Rangers manager job is right now. If you lot argued the whole scenario equally instead of ignoring certain facts that don't suit your points you'd make more headway with your 'Get Ally Out' agendas

The full coaching staff has to be revamped its the same crap void of ideas coaching that was there before, we have good players with no direction.. the boardroom changes have been brilliant for us, night and day in that department...hopefully green sees what's required to get us back to the top and takes action because it can't continue.

Your mistake is trying to compare Ally as Rangers manager to any other. What other manager has had to endure what he has since he got the job? Big Eck would do better against Div 3? so would Walter and Bill? FFS, grow up mate. Lets take any club in the world, strip them of their squad, throw them into a different league and see where they are.

Some of you don't respect how difficult the Rangers manager job is right now. If you lot argued the whole scenario equally instead of ignoring certain facts that don't suit your points you'd make more headway with your 'Get Ally Out' agendas

I'm sure it is a difficult job and it's twice as difficult if you take entirely the wrong approach to managing, selecting and preparing teams, particularly for away games - which is exactly what McCoist is doing right now.

If the job really is so difficult and if the troubles Ally's had to endure are too much of a burden for him, then it's time to relieve him of this burden because right now it's proving beyond him.

The full coaching staff has to be revamped its the same crap void of ideas coaching that was there before, we have good players with no direction.. the boardroom changes have been brilliant for us, night and day in that department...hopefully green sees what's required to get us back to the top and takes action because it can't continue.

Green cant afford to let this go on what happens at training sessions are they conducted in the canteen and tell a few jokes then go home by 11am.

I'm sure it is a difficult job and it's twice as difficult if you take entirely the wrong approach to managing, selecting and preparing teams, particularly for away games - which is exactly what McCoist is doing right now.

If the job really is so difficult and if the troubles Ally's had to endure are too much of a burden for him, then it's time to relieve him of this burden because right now it's proving beyond him.

What manager in their right mind would take the job now?

Knowing they cant bring in players for a couple of seasons, and how demanding the fans are, I'm afraid were stuck with super ally.

I dont think hes the man long term. But he'll get us to where we want to be, then hand over the reigns to a better manager.