Next 3 Games

Ricky_

Yesterday is done with - an embarrassing result for all, and the most fustrating aspect is that it's been coming. ALL our away performances have been dreadful, we've been lucky not to lose so far away from home, so yesterday we got what our woeful performances deserve.

Something just isn't clicking away from home. It's not a question of quality, that much is obvious, we all know the quality of our teams compared to the rest of the SFL is night & day. Our home league performances pay credence to that, we could've scored 11 in some of the home matches, not to mention we played the SPL leaders off the pitch at home. So, relax, the quality isn't the issue.

Our problem relates not to ability. It's psychological, tactical, and our overall approach to away matches. We play from the first minute like it's the last. We allow opposition to drag us into Sunday League style scraps. We've not yet figured out a way to apply our own style of football (like you would expect to see us play at Ibrox) to an away match. All are things which in my opinion, have a habit of figuring themselves out.

Now, i understand we are a club that demands success, but take a moment to think logically here - we HAVE the time to sort these issues out given out circumstance. If we were competing in the SPL for the championship it would be a different story, i would be more understanding of the wholesale panic at drop points after dropped points. But we're not, we're competing in a division everyone knows we will win by a mile - giving us the luxury of time.

Our next 3 games come at an important time now for McCoist, who is losing the confidence of more & more Rangers supporters with every shocking performance, yet the good ones seem to go unnoticed as they are 'expected'. These 3 games conclude our fixtures for October and are; Rangers vs Queens Park, Clyde vs Rangers followed by a home tie in the cup quarter-final against ICT.

I have every confidence we'll beat Queens Park at home by a few goals, despite the fact our opposition sit top of the table. At Ibrox they'll get thumped.

Our next game is another chance to break this away-day hoodoo. Clyde, at Broadwood Stadium. Broadwood stadium now has 4 stands, and holds over 8'000. The pitch & stadium will be much more inline with what we'd expect to see in the SPL than the 3rd division. No hedges, no tiny plastic pitches. And Clyde are a very poor side. Absolutely no excuses for not putting our first W in the away box in this fixture.

And finally, the chance for Rangers to book a place in the league cup last 4 with a home tie against Inverness. This won't be easy, they are actually playing well with a couple of good home wins, but haven't travelled well for a while - we'll be hot favourites for this.

So hopefully the Ally-Out brigade take a wee deep breath, or go for a lie doon and think logically about the short-term & long-term before throwing a fit & callign for the managers head cause they cant handle the stick they are getting at work. By the end of the month we'll be sitting top of the division which we will win by a landslide & possibly in the last 4 of a cup competition with the view of making more amazing history.

Excellent post. I can't believe i was arguing with someone last night about the fact that our players aren't signifcantly better than the opposition we are facing. Ultimately, it comes down to us not using our smarts. Must do better annd must get that away win under our belts

Yesterday is done with - an embarrassing result for all, and the most fustrating aspect is that it's been coming. ALL our away performances have been dreadful, we've been lucky not to lose so far away from home, so yesterday we got what our woeful performances deserve.

Something just isn't clicking away from home. It's not a question of quality, that much is obvious, we all know the quality of our teams compared to the rest of the SFL is night & day. Our home league performances pay credence to that, we could've scored 11 in some of the home matches, not to mention we played the SPL leaders off the pitch at home. So, relax, the quality isn't the issue.

Our problem relates not to ability. It's psychological, tactical, and our overall approach to away matches. We play from the first minute like it's the last. We allow opposition to drag us into Sunday League style scraps. We've not yet figured out a way to apply our own style of football (like you would expect to see us play at Ibrox) to an away match. All are things which in my opinion, have a habit of figuring themselves out.

Now, i understand we are a club that demands success, but take a moment to think logically here - we HAVE the time to sort these issues out given out circumstance. If we were competing in the SPL for the championship it would be a different story, i would be more understanding of the wholesale panic at drop points after dropped points. But we're not, we're competing in a division everyone knows we will win by a mile - giving us the luxury of time.

Our next 3 games come at an important time now for McCoist, who is losing the confidence of more & more Rangers supporters with every shocking performance, yet the good ones seem to go unnoticed as they are 'expected'. These 3 games conclude our fixtures for October and are; Rangers vs Queens Park, Clyde vs Rangers followed by a home tie in the cup quarter-final against ICT.

I have every confidence we'll beat Queens Park at home by a few goals, despite the fact our opposition sit top of the table. At Ibrox they'll get thumped.

Our next game is another chance to break this away-day hoodoo. Clyde, at Broadwood Stadium. Broadwood stadium now has 4 stands, and holds over 8'000. The pitch & stadium will be much more inline with what we'd expect to see in the SPL than the 3rd division. No hedges, no tiny plastic pitches. And Clyde are a very poor side. Absolutely no excuses for not putting our first W in the away box in this fixture.

And finally, the chance for Rangers to book a place in the league cup last 4 with a home tie against Inverness. This won't be easy, they are actually playing well with a couple of good home wins, but haven't travelled well for a while - we'll be hot favourites for this.

So hopefully the Ally-Out brigade take a wee deep breath, or go for a lie doon and think logically about the short-term & long-term before throwing a fit & callign for the managers head cause they cant handle the stick they are getting at work. By the end of the month we'll be sitting top of the division which we will win by a landslide & possibly in the last 4 of a cup competition with the view of making more amazing history.

You're displaying too willing acceptance of failure and you're adopting a condescending tone; the twin hallmarks of the pro-Ally brigade.

You're damned right I expect Rangers to win home games against Div 3 teams. If you don't share that expectation, I respectfully suggest you're supporting the wrong club.

Maybe Ally should take a wee lie-doon, close his eyes and realise that when he wakes up, it wasn't a bad dream. He really did send out a Rangers team who lost to Stirling Albion yesterday. And he's 100% responsible, no matter how much his excusers try to pretend otherwise.

You're displaying too willing acceptance of failure and you're adopting a condescending tone

condescending tone :lol:

Tone doesn't exist within typed text, although i suppose you could argue bold, caps & italics offer somewhat of an artificial alternative. (Condescending enough for you?).

I'm by no means accepting failure, i'm bracing myself for inevitable success of winning the division we're in - the season expectation. If you expect 40-game seasons without a defeat or 2, you should question your own understanding of the game.

Tone doesn't exist within typed text, although i suppose you could argue bold, caps & italics offer somewhat of an artificial alternative. (Condescending enough for you?).

I'm by no means accepting failure, i'm bracing myself for inevitable success of winning the division we're in - the season expectation. If you expect 40-game seasons without a defeat or 2, you should question your own understanding of the game.

But we've had 1 defeat, and are fortunate to not have 3 after 8 games. What if we don't imporve on this? I'm not sayign tis gonna happen, just pointing out that the defeat or two is fine looking back from the 36th game, but we're barely a quarter of the way through and have already dropped a lot of points.

I still think we'll win the league but have a horrible fear that we could somehow make the utter arse of it and not

You do realise ostensibly sonic terms such as "tone" can be used to represent the thread of a written piece? As such, a condescending tone can and often is adopted in prose. In the same way, some writing can be considered rhythmic, although the writer is not actually banging a drum.

We could and should all expect a season-winning performance. But if you consider 3 wins from 7 games to be an acceptable start, I would in turn question your understanding of the critical need to establish momentum at the outset of a league campaign.

"i would be more understanding of the wholesale panic at drop points after dropped points. But we're not, we're competing in a division everyone knows we will win by a mile - giving us the luxury of time."

thats exactly the kind of complacency thats seen us pick up 3 points from 12 on the road.

You do realise ostensibly sonic terms such as "tone" can be used to represent the thread of a written piece? As such, a condescending tone can and often is adopted in prose. In the same way, some writing can be considered rhythmic, although the writer is not actually banging a drum.

We could and should all expect a season-winning performance. But if you consider 3 wins from 7 games to be an acceptable start, I would in turn question your understanding of the critical need to establish momentum at the outset of a league campaign.

I don't think at any point i've said i think our results or performances are acceptable. The point is we have issue to sort out & the luxury of time to sort them out because the division is in the bag. Anyone who disagrees with this, i challenge them to put there money where their mouth is and bet with me that Rangers won't win this division.

I don't think at any point i've said i think our results or performances are acceptable. The point is we have issue to sort out & the luxury of time to sort them out because the division is in the bag. Anyone who disagrees with this, i challenge them to put there money where their mouth is and bet with me that Rangers won't win this division.

Surely that's the point though - the players are making this assumption too. Maybe they don't have the fear of dropping points away from home, assuming that it won't matter in the end?

On current form, we'd probably finish second or third. You'd assume our away form will pick up somewhere down the line though. winning all our home games and 5 or 6 away from home should win you the league.

Still, making a pig's ear of it though

So what if Queens Park give us a game and get a draw? how will we feel then?

I'm sure this game is a banker for us (or is it)

How long will we be prepared to say the next game will see us come good?

That game yesterday was not a dissapointment it was a disgrace.

Being prepared to make excuses for getting beat by part time, bottom of scottish football, with no manager, is not on my aggenda.

Exactly how is the division in the bag? Winning all our homes games and not winning our away games is not enough to win the league. I believe we will turn things around, but i am wondering how many dropped points away from home it will take for people to stop being so complacent.

Exactly how is the division in the bag? Winning all our homes games and not winning our away games is not enough to win the league. I believe we will turn things around, but i am wondering how many dropped points away from home it will take for people to stop being so complacent.

I'm just waiting for the first poster saying and meaning, "So what if we don't win the league? We'll still go up via the play-offs."

Make no mistake, unless we improve in our away fixtures, this league is not anywhere near 'in the bag'

Sick of hearing it frankly, because this is exactly why these players don't seem overly concerned by the tripe being served up away from home. Arrogance is not our friend

this league is not anywhere near 'in the bag

the bookies would disagree. 1/33 they have us. in percentage terms, that equates to them being 96.96% confident.

What would we need to be winning the SPL by for those odds, 10 point lead with 5 games to play or something?

the bookies would disagree. 1/33 they have us. in percentage terms, that equates to them being 96.96% confident.

What would we need to be winning the SPL by for those odds, 10 point lead with 5 games to play or something?

What were the odds for us winning yesterday?

So its hedges an plastic pitches that causing this an Clyde should be easy to beat cause their poor yet we are gubbed with the worst team in Scotland so McCoist can rest easy its got nothing to do with him and his management team.

The liklihood is that we will get better. Of course it is. We're highly paid professionals playing against part-timers.

I'm not saying we aren't going to win the league. I'm confident we will.

What i'm saying is, if we cannot improve our away form, then there is no way we can be so arrogant.

I think half the problem we have is that the players think it is in the bag and aren't worrying about dropped points. That is what concerns me.

"i would be more understanding of the wholesale panic at drop points after dropped points. But we're not, we're competing in a division everyone knows we will win by a mile - giving us the luxury of time."

thats exactly the kind of complacency thats seen us pick up 3 points from 12 on the road.

I would agree that there has been an element of complacency within our support. The assumption is being made that because it’s early in the season we have plenty of time to sort it out and it’ll all be alright by the end of the season. The trouble with that is “time” is it has a knack of moving quicker than you want and can very easily be wasted. One of our coaching staff mentioned in an article that too many of our players were moaning about the state of the facilities at the 3rd Div grounds they visit. Simple answer, let’s make it less comfortable at the training ground and show them the reality of the football world that they now participate in.