Malcolm Murray Statement

Broxi

Speaking in response to an article by Mr Jon Pritchett (advisor to Bill Miller at the time of his bid for the Club) in Forbes magazine, Malcolm Murray, Chairman of Rangers Football Club, said: “The last time Mr Pritchett had sight of any financial information about Rangers was many months ago and, as a result, his article in Forbes Magazine is ill informed, misleading and scaremongering.

“For the avoidance of doubt, there is no risk of the Club going into administration and any suggestion otherwise is scandalous and appears written to attract headlines.

“Projections Mr Pritchett had sight of have not been relevant since May and from the day I became Chairman, I have been committed to ensuring this Club lives within its means and never again comes to the brink of collapse.

“We have already secured significant investment in the Club from the individuals and organisations who are part of our consortium and the successful IPO later this month will generate many millions in additional revenue.

“It does not take a genius to work out that costs needed to be cut at the Club and this has happened, with the first team wage bill being reduced significantly. However, we also have a plan to maximise commercial revenues and develop many areas of the Club that historically were under utilised.

“It is my understanding that Mr Miller’s plans were based purely on cost cutting and little additional investment in the Club.

“What is also clear from his article is that Mr Pritchett completely underestimated the loyalty and commitment of the Rangers fans. In addition to the 36,000 season ticket holders so far this season, the attendances at our home matches have surpassed many of the top clubs in England and the rest of Europe.

“We have a clear plan to rebuild this great Club and believe that with solid business practices and the ongoing tremendous support from the fans, this will be achieved.”

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/2396-malcolm-murray-statement#.UHRVVzFmfUg.twitter

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

(tu) Good statement from MM. What a tit this american guy is though. The last time he saw Rangers books was when Whyte put us into admin with all our top earners still there.

He hasn't saw Charles Greens accounts so he has no right to talk shite. Stick to talking about ice hockey you wanker.

I stopped reading the miller article when they talked about a 20% reduction in ticket sales...

I didn't read the article, but did he refer to sales or income? ST income will be down by 30% or thereabout given price reduction.

“What is also clear from his article is that Mr Pritchett completely underestimated the loyalty and commitment of the Rangers fans. In addition to the 36,000 season ticket holders so far this season, the attendances at our home matches have surpassed many of the top clubs in England and the rest of Europe.

:7325::7325::7325::clap::clap::clap::21::21::21:

Quick and straight to the point and a bit better than piss off you :wanker:

With this today and Greens statement over Saturday, somebody is doing their job and advising on quick reactions. Definately seems as though there is a we are not taking this anymore in the boardroom.

It also shows that they're chopping down of anything with the slightest hint of an anti=Rangers agenda.

Stop greeting Miller, or invest in the club if you're so concerned about us. Just because you failed, don't try to bring down the folk that are presently trying to re-build us.

I'm also fairly sure that someone from the club is keeping an eye on the forums as that's where most of this worldwide news is revealed.

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it!!! Ya yank wank...May i also add my voice to the others on here that have noticed that OUR CLUB WILNAE LET THESE ANTI RANGERS LIES HALF TRUTHS AND INNUENDOS BECOME WHANK MATERIAL FOR THE HATERS TO SLABBRR OVER ANYMORE!!! PRECISE AND TO THE POINT!! BUT ANYBODY UP FOR STARTING A BOOK WHICH PART OF THE MHEDIA IN SCOTLAND MIGHT STILL RUN WITH THIS NON-MADE UP STORY?? New BBC (bigots and tax dodgers)?? RHEBEL?? THE SCUM?? ITS THE 1ST IVE SMILED SINCE SATURDAY!! POOR SMELIC BLOGGERS GETTING AW EXCITED!!! THEN BOOM....THANX MM