Former Gers managing great clubs

MKGER

Being super bored with bugger all to do at work today I stumbled across the fact two former gers players managed juventus, William Aiken and William chalmers sometime later. Got me thinking, are their any other rangers players who went on to manage genuinely big clubs. Off the top my head I can only think of 4 which is pretty lame and I'm sure their must be more. I got fergie, souness, de boer and alexei mcjusfjkdhkldgko

Being super bored with bugger all to do at work today I stumbled across the fact two former gers players managed juventus, William Aiken and William chalmers sometime later. Got me thinking, are their any other rangers players who went on to manage genuinely big clubs. Off the top my head I can only think of 4 which is pretty lame and I'm sure their must be more. I got fergie, souness, de boer and alexei mcjusfjkdhkldgko

John Greig, mate.

(tu)

Bolton Wanderers? :happy::sherlock:

OWEN COYLE has been sacked by Bolton Wanderers following the club's poor start to the season.

The Trotters, relegated from the Premier League in May, currently lie 18th in the Championship after claiming only three wins in their first 10 matches.

Chairman Phil Gartside said in a statement on the club's official website: "Owen poured his heart and soul into the job, both on and off the pitch, and he led our club with great dignity during some very challenging times."

But he added: "It is the right time for a change. We set a target at the beginning of the season and want to get back on track.

"I would like to place on record our sincere thanks to Owen, Sandy Stewart and Steve Davis for all their hard work during their time at Bolton Wanderers."

Coyle left Burnley in January 2010 to take up the hotseat at the Reebok Stadium on a two-and-a-half-year deal after Gary Megson was relieved of his duties.

He led the club to safety from 18th position, but failed to keep his side in the top flight last campaign.

Coyle, who played for Bolton between 1993-95, said: "I have always been driven to act in the best interests of the club and care passionately about it.

"I had fantastic times here as a player and it has been a privilege to have held the post of manager.

"I want to thank the fans for their backing since I returned, the chairman Phil Gartside and the owner Eddie Davies for their support and friendship and the club's staff and players for all their effort and commitment.

"I wish everyone connected with Bolton Wanderers all the very best."

Academy manager Jimmy Phillips and head of academy coaching and development Sammy Lee will take temporary charge of the first-team squad, with their first assignment a week on Saturday at home against Bristol City.