Oldco newCo merging

bede

I know we are the same club, it's not even up for debate, club is the same, but we are a newCo.

Rangers - 1872 till forever

The company 1899-2012

BUT

The old company hasn't yet been liquidated, now it currently/did/ owe 50m to HMRC, but we haven't lost the case.

If we were to win the case I assume the debts of the old company would be wiped, the footballing debts we have paid since (most).

So could we buy back the oldco if we one the case and merge it with the newCo, or just own it anyway.

We don't need it, but imagine sticking it to the Tims. There's this one guy I know and it would give me soooo much pleaser to hear him if we bought the old company and merged it.

Could this happen? :21:

I know we are the same club, it's not even up for debate, club is the same, but we are a newCo.

Rangers - 1872 till forever

The company 1899-2012

BUT

The old company hasn't yet been liquidated, now it currently/did/ owe 50m to HMRC, but we haven't lost the case.

If we were to win the case I assume the debts of the old company would be wiped, the footballing debts we have paid since (most).

So could we buy back the oldco if we one the case and merge it with the newCo, or just own it anyway.

We don't need it, but imagine sticking it to the Tims. There's this one guy I know and it would give me soooo much pleaser to hear him if we bought the old company and merged it.

Could this happen? :21:

Brothmouth.....

I'd rather we were given the option to buy shares in the oldco as opposed to the newco. Some people say they don't care about the company, I do, it will be sad to see it liquidated, its been part of the club for over 100 years. Owning a share in a company that until recently was called sevco wont mean as much if I buy in. On the bright side at least its not whyte doing the share issue, he would probably have sold off the assets to another consortium and left us holding shares in a worthless company while he lives it up in Monaco.

I'd rather we were given the option to buy shares in the oldco as opposed to the newco. Some people say they don't care about the company, I do, it will be sad to see it liquidated, its been part of the club for over 100 years. Owning a share in a company that until recently was called sevco wont mean as much if I buy in. On the bright side at least its not whyte doing the share issue, he would probably have sold off the assets to another consortium and left us holding shares in a worthless company while he lives it up in Monaco.

confused.jpg

I can't get my head around what you mean.

Why would you want to buy shares in a company that does no trading and is in millions of pounds of debt rather than the company who own Rangers FC?

I can't get my head around what you mean.

Why would you want to buy shares in a company that does no trading and is in millions of pounds of debt rather than the company who own Rangers FC?

I mean I wish none of this had happened, some of you bounce about this forum like stunned slugs, would words in pictures help in the future? doh

I mean I wish none of this had happened, some of you bounce about this forum like stunned slugs, would words in pictures help in the future? doh

Aye that's right, we're just too thick to read between the lines. You didn't say something pure daft...

So you want Green to waste his time buying a company we don't need just to 'stick it to the tims'? What a massive waste of time that'd be, not to mention the debts we'd inherit, such as the ticketus one a previous poster mentioned.

Iv the old company win the tax case the debt will be in the region of £20 million (minus big tax case minus football debt). I would offer those creditors a CVA of 5p - 10p in the pound, problem is Whyte would have to hand over his shares as well. If anything it would mean we have paid off our debts and the old company wouldn't be liquidated.

some of us had shares in the old co ? yes i would still like to have them without having to buy them again. but i care about the football team not the company even after losing about £3000 in shares through liquidation :cgreen:

some of us had shares in the old co ? yes i would still like to have them without having to buy them again. but i care about the football team not the company even after losing about £3000 in shares through liquidation :cgreen:

Oof brutal man, so shitty that previous shareholders had to lose out.

Iv the old company win the tax case the debt will be in the region of £20 million (minus big tax case minus football debt). I would offer those creditors a CVA of 5p - 10p in the pound, problem is Whyte would have to hand over his shares as well. If anything it would mean we have paid off our debts and the old company wouldn't be liquidated.

Too late for that. It's getting liquidated as CVA was rejected. A new CVA can't be proposed.