This is amazing!

Rangerclackman

Great stuff. Are they allowed to tackle anymore? The tackle at about 3.12 would have been debateable today. Think the rule back then was if the defender got the slighest touch of the ball then it was play on. Now the slighest touch on an attacker is a foul/penalty.Games been ruined.

Great stuff. Are they allowed to tackle anymore? The tackle at about 3.12 would have been debateable today. Think the rule back then was if the defender got the slighest touch of the ball then it was play on. Now the slighest touch on an attacker is a foul/penalty.Games been ruined.

Just watching that myself there and was thinking the exact same thing, mate. There's also a difference between some meaty tackling, actually trying to win the ball and getting a piece of the ball, even though fully committed; compared to trying to mow an opponent down, as witnessed by the plumbers and joiners on Saturday just gone.

Ah... the Enclosure...

When I went there wi' my Da we always seemed to be near this old guy with a bunnet and long scarf absolutely COVERED in pin badges. All match he seemed to shout:

"Cah'mon Rangers... Birry this mob...! Yer playin' naeb'dy... yer playin' naeb'dy!"

Dont want to go off topic!! But another top top east enclosure memory was as the RANGERS came out to warm up (early 80's) A huge voice shouted " TAXI FOR DAWSON!!".. Oh the laughter!! Even the rest of his team mates were pissing themselves...poor Ally D..Ive watched this video 5times!! Even woke up the auld Da at quarter to one so he could watch it!! And he had a wee tear in his eye!! TACKLES..PASSBACKS...AND BEING ABLE TO SING OUR SONGS WITHOUT FEAR!!! WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO OUR GAME???

I would only have been 2 at the time of that game but wish I was there...brilliant! You forget how much you miss the BB's getting sung at Ibrox! :anguish: .

What is noticeable as well as the atmosphere and standard of play (we actually look like we are trying to play football in an old firm) but also the challenges are unreal, at least 5 red card challenges in todays game but everytime the players just get themselves back up and get on with it...makes you realise how soft and toned down the whole football experience has become.

That brought back memories of the old Ibrox. I remember people stamping their feet in the old main stand and it having a brilliant rumbling noise.

I also remember standing at the front of the East Enclosure when I was young, marvelling at how close to Davie Cooper and Robert Prytz I was standing.

The tackling in the clip was SFL3 standard too.

Great game!!

I was in the east enclosure that day, and the place was rocking.

It was a man's game then, heavy tackles, and they just got on with it.

Thanks for posting that, seeing Durrant and Coops in full flow was a fkn joy when I was a boy, and had forgotten that the Tin Man (I think) popped up with the third goal in that game!!

Cooper's touch just before his finish, world class!

Was at the game and for me that was the way these games were played, 11 Rangers fans v 11 Celtic fans,no quarter asked for or given,nobody (1or2 exceptions) feigning injury or attempting to get an opponent red carded and therfore you celebrated the victories and suffered the defeats with a different perspective to the present day.

You knew that these players were playing for the jersey and not the money.Most players earned maybe 2-3 times what the average man was on,they would willingly give up their saturday nights to attend various RSC awards mixing quite happily with the supporters because they too were supporters,they all knew the words to our songs because they themselves had sang them on the terraces and werent afraid to sing them in front of strangers.

Didn't appreciate what we had back then until we lost it.