This is amazing!

Rangerclackman

Sniff sniff.........was somewhere in the enclosure for that match, started about half way down towards the Copland and ended up near the centre line.......college at the time, me and my mate, cut down on the ciggys for two weeks to get tickets.

Was one of the few matches I believe that we didnt have to encourage the Copland to sing :ulster::7325::7326::clap:

Think that was the match that Tin Man McMinn ran down the wing appeared to cartwheel and still made off with the ball, you never knew what he was going to do, could be outstanding or trip over a blade of grass.

Have a rep thanks for the memories.

Fuck me as I was only 3 at the time I dont remember but after watching the clip it just shows how football used to be played and the diffrence from todays game. The tackles and fucking amazing and the ref is letting the game flow and it makes for a better game. If that exact match was played now there wouldnt be a player left on the park.

On another note Super Cooper is fucking blinding.

:21:

Great video, and the perfect style of play to create an amazing atmosphere, but the standard is terrible lol

Mate bearing in mind it was an old firm game with all the emotion etc that goes with it I think the standard is pretty good and guys like coop just stand out as the class players that he was...

If you think that standard was shit god only knows what you make of our current performances, need to hide the razors in your house!

Great clip !! I was in the Govan Rear that day, to the right of the guy with the video camera. It was probably our best performance of that season. IIRC we were away at Tyncastle the following week, and got turned over 3-0 by the Hearts (SFL3 feeder club). A bit of a reality check back then...

Mate bearing in mind it was an old firm game with all the emotion etc that goes with it I think the standard is pretty good and guys like coop just stand out as the class players that he was...

If you think that standard was shit god only knows what you make of our current performances, need to hide the razors in your house!

A know mate, just meant the passing is much worse, the final ball is poor etc but at the same time the tackling is superb and most of the players appeared to have the ability to beat a man.

If I had a choice of which football i'd rather see on a weekly basis, i'd choose this over todays game easily.

Sniff sniff.........was somewhere in the enclosure for that match, started about half way down towards the Copland and ended up near the centre line.......college at the time, me and my mate, cut down on the ciggys for two weeks to get tickets.

Was one of the few matches I believe that we didnt have to encourage the Copland to sing :ulster::7325::7326::clap:

Think that was the match that Tin Man McMinn ran down the wing appeared to cartwheel and still made off with the ball, you never knew what he was going to do, could be outstanding or trip over a blade of grass.

Have a rep thanks for the memories.

Thanks mate......amazing eh

That was dynamite, place was literally jumpin.

One thing I noticed was that although the game today is light years ahead of this video in terms of technicality and style of play, it isn't the case in this country.

The world has left us behind.