Amy's Ready For Ibrox

LeeWallaceRFC

Amy's Ready For Ibrox

3c34f604ac301ee5593c3166f451a140_XL.jpg

SCOTS singing sensation Amy Macdonald will be a guest of Rangers’ at this weekend’s home game with Queen’s Park in the Third Division.

The 25-year-old, whose first album ‘This is the Life’ sold more than four million copies worldwide, will also help with the Rising Stars draw at half-time.

Amy is a huge Gers fan and has supported the Light Blues ever since she was a little girl, attending her first match when she was just 10.

The game in question was Walter Smith’s testimonial against Liverpool in March 1998, which the hosts won 1-0 thanks to Ally McCoist’s goal.

Having bought season tickets to cheer on the team when her musical commitments allow her, Amy hopes to get to as many games as she can this term.

And like any Ibrox follower, she can’t wait to step on to the hallowed turf at the midway point of the match with the Spiders two days from now.

Amy has spoken exclusively to RangersTV.tv ahead of the game and you can see the first part of an interview with her on the channel tonight. Part two will be shown next week.

She said: “I’m always all over the place and I never really have time to do all the things I’d like to when I get home.

“From that point of view, it’s going to be nice to be at Ibrox on Saturday and I’m really looking forward to the game.

“I’m bringing some friends along with me and we’re all very excited about coming to see the original Glasgow derby.

“I’ve never been on the pitch before so that’ll be really exciting. It’s really cool for me to be coming to a home game and to be part of it all.”

Amy may well be a huge international star now but she admits she wasn’t always so glamorous.

And in an in-depth interview with Saturday’s matchday programme ‘Ready’, she revealed: “When I was in primary school I was actually such a tomboy and I absolutely loved football.

“I would spend all of my time in with the boys talking about it and all my friends there were Rangers supporters.

“Because of that, I took a little bit more of an interest in Rangers than anyone else and I’ve supported them ever since.

“It’s something which has continued as I’ve got older as I’ve got so many friends who support so many different teams and we have a lot of banter about that.”

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shes playing in glasgow on the 31st oct, i got tickets to see her which i got months ago so cant make it to the inverness game the same night.sod law i suppose :rolleyes::pipe:

Ya fuckin jokin right? Does she get her fanny out mid show and let everyone have a scwatch? Priorties mate.

I think it's quite brave for someone that depends on volume to state their colours in public, especailly in the Irish ridden culture of Scotland. But she's made it now and big enough to worry about a few paedo supporters not buying her records.

Billy Connoly denied he was a septic man for years, let's not forget that when he stand is septic phado park chatting to the priests.