Green statement

BEARGER

Rangers Chief Executive Charles Green has issued the following statement today.

“In remarks attributed to me in today’s Scottish Sun I was trying to get across how far we have travelled together since the dark days of the Club being put into administration and subsequent liquidation of the old company.

“No words can express the gratitude I feel towards Rangers fans at the way they have stood by the Club in one of its darkest hours.

“They have risen to the challenge of helping rebuild this great institution and have won widespread admiration across the world for their backing of Rangers.

“Not a day goes by without foreign TV stations or journalists telling me how amazed they are by by the response of fans as they continue to back the Club in huge numbers.

“The reality is there were a few occasions in the very early days where I was clearly not the flavour of the month among some sections of the fanbase and I was subject to taunts and abuse.

“However, that was short-lived and the fans are now behind me and the board and we have all moved on together.

“I just want to make it clear that I believe Rangers fans are the best in the world and that is my heart felt position. I appreciate the article in today’s Sun has upset some supporters and for that I am truly sorry. As I stated, I was merely trying to illustrate how far we have all come together.”

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

at least h was quick to apologise - this is a right cock-up by Green, gave our haters buckets of ammo & is a shocking piece of PR. Feeling a bit let down this week by our 2 top men, Ally comes to work dressed like a tramp and Green plays up to the masses with this death threat pish.

at least h was quick to apologise - this is a right cock-up by Green, gave our haters buckets of ammo & is a shocking piece of PR. Feeling a bit let down this week by our 2 top men, Ally comes to work dressed like a tramp and Green plays up to the masses with this death threat pish.

a tramp, fukk off

Some people on here beyond parody. Posts like this are the reason why the majority of the wider support believe that these forums are full of nutters and sanctimonious uber bears.

Tramps dress in Rangers tracksuits with a pair of football boots?

Not seen these types tbh...

you have to be joking, he even had his tracksuit bottoms tucked into his socks. If i seen him walking up suchiehall street and prepare for a chibbin'.

Seems like that comments has irked a few on here - apologies for holding our traditions in high regard. anyoen whos read my posts here recently will see i've been very defensive of Ally, even after the albion defeat. But to see him standing in the dugout dressed like a fuckin pikey infuriated me more than any of ours results or performances this season.

you have to be joking, he even had his tracksuit bottoms tucked into his socks. If i seen him walking up suchiehall street and prepare for a chibbin'.

Seems like that comments has irked a few on here - apologies for holding our traditions in high regard. anyoen whos read my posts here recently will see i've been very defensive of Ally, even after the albion defeat. But to see him standing in the dugout dressed like a fuckin pikey infuriated me more than any of ours results or performances this season.

Uber Uber

Stanuch

Uber Uber Uber

Staunch

You would think he was wearing a taig top the way some are going on.

He wore his training gear to the game, yes it was a change as he has worn a suit like previous managers in every other game beforehand but are we really going to sit on a forum and tear stips of a Ranger because he didnt have his suit on?

If you think Ally McCoist of all people does not have standards and has let the club down then that's up to you, as far as I am concenred as long as he conducts himself as he has done so far in the press and in the dugout then that's good enough for me.

That's the way he was dressed mate

I'm not a mate of anyone calling a rangers legend a tramp due to dawning a RANGERS attire, one that lots of parents would happily buy thr family etc.

I often wonder if people find it's the badge that makes it tramps.

You would think he was wearing a taig top the way some are going on.

funnily enough thats how they tend present themselves.

are we really going to sit on a forum and tear stips of a Ranger because he didnt have his suit on?

no, we're going to tear stips (whatever that is) because he abandoned our traditions. Our traditions make this club what it is. Therefore i cannot buy into the opinion that traditions don't matter as long as we get results on the pitch. Rangers, to me, and thousands more, something far greater than simply football and results.

more-than.jpg