Vanguard Bears - just who are they?

charlotte1008

Dennis mate i put it you are an Ulsterman?

I have yet to come across a thread about VB that hasnt been attacked on here yet.

The posts that i see from Vanguard Bear members are only sticking up for what they believe in.

Even if this thread was about VanguardBears giving £1 million pound to children in need it would end up the same.

Thats not always the case though Billy, yous guys get praise from a lot of folk on here, my self included. I just think that some vb posters come on here with a touch of arrogance at times and it can be quite off putting.

It will be a good day when we can read articals from VB without the need for these discussions. (tu)

Dennis mate i put it you are an Ulsterman?

I have yet to come across a thread about VB that hasnt been attacked on here yet.

The posts that i see from Vanguard Bear members are only sticking up for what they believe in.

Even if this thread was about VanguardBears giving £1 million pound to children in need it would end up the same.

this thread hasn't been attacked.

It has however, had a fair amount of baiting and chest puffing :)

Thats not always the case though Billy, yous guys get praise from a lot of folk on here, my self included. I just think that some vb posters come on here with a touch of arrogance at times and it can be quite off putting.

It will be a good day when we can read articals from VB without the need for these discussions. (tu)

I'd say that's a fair conclusion, if the reply isn't "Vanguard Bears' :praise:" it's quite often frowned upon.

Threads turning into a bit of a joke on here certainly isn't exclusive to VB threads. It's just the nature of the site.

Good maybe now you will take heed and bring back the old WVB. :cool:

The old WVB that scared some poor lad with Aspergers Syndrome off the board.....

You want him back?

Or the (relatively) more thoughtful WVB who now has an acute awareness of such a condition, and tries to look for signs of it in others, before letting rip with both barrels?

I prefer to remember him as the WVB who encouraged others to pay off some of the clubs small creditors, and do the decent thing by our club. Hopefully cancelling out some of the more detrimental things I may have done as a Rangers supporter. Karma, and all that shit.

Whats happened to my/our club has affected me deeply, as I'm sure it has to us all, and with that comes a change of perspective. For me anyway.

I can only apologise to my many subscribers if they are comparing me to Viz............not as funny as it used to be.

:2gunsfiring_v1: (look....I've joined the UVF)

Iam sorry you feel that way and i wouldnt let it put you off Dennis mate.

You have to look at the bigger picture though, VB has been set up to defend our traditions which are constantly attacked.

But say when you are trying to reach out to other bears or people about a subject which is important and you see them making snidey remarks about the traditions that you are looking

to defend then obvisously the response is to be on a defence of what you believe in.

It then looks like the oppossite because you are only looking at one part of the debate i get that.

If only some people would see the bigger picture.

VB scares the crap out of our taig conterparts because VB is doing what they the taigs have done to us for years and part of the very reason we are in this state today is because we sat back and let it happen.

VanguardBears are not going to sit back when they see that their traditions are being attacked on a Rangers site of all places.

I hope you get where iam coming from and how you could perceive something wrong when its exactly opposite thats happening.

VB can have any criteria they want for their wee McArthuresque clique

I'll try to avoid living up to the big, bad, aggressive VB stereotype, so in sweetness and light, could you expand on that comment above.

Because it sounds like something I might hear from a group of earnest, right-on wee students sitting in the pub either drunk or stoned. It is as laughable as it is nonsensical.

Joe McCarthy was an American Senator who in the 1950's led a witchhunt against Communists working in Hollywood.

I genuinely don't understand why you would use his name to reinforce your attack on VB?

Iam sorry you feel that way and i wouldnt let it put you off Dennis mate.

You have to look at the bigger picture though, VB has been set up to defend our traditions which are constantly attacked.

But say when you are trying to reach out to other bears or people about a subject which is important and you see them making snidey remarks about the traditions that you are looking

to defend then obvisously the response is to be on a defence of what you believe in.

It then looks like the oppossite because you are only looking at one part of the debate i get that.

If only some people would see the bigger picture.

VB scares the crap out of our taig conterparts because VB is doing what they the taigs have done to us for years and part of the very reason we are in this state today is because we sat back and let it happen.

VanguardBears are not going to sit back when they see that their traditions are being attacked on a Rangers site of all places.

I hope you get where iam coming from and how you could perceive something wrong when its exactly opposite thats happening.

Thats fair enough mate. Sometimes i feel the arguements (whoever is the starter of it is) about VB take away from the good work that is getting achieved.

Thats fair enough mate. Sometimes i feel the arguements (whoever is the starter of it is) about VB take away from the good work that is getting achieved.

That's exactly what it does and why we want it to stop.

And tae think there'll be plenty from the dark side reading this and having a right good fuckin laugh at us Rangers fans arguing amongst ourselves.

Nail on head mate. Also, one would have thought that the recent turmoil would have brought the fans closer together and be more willing to work together but no, as usual its the usual division and tit for tat pish.

' It seems to me that you simply don't like some individuals, and use insults like 'bitching' etc to delegitimise them, and to validate your attacks on them.'

Not at all, they bring it upon themselves by constant sidetracking of VB threads.

VB members on here are not going to stand idly by and watch thread after thread be ruined.

Quite why they see the need to derail every thread is beyond me, as if they have some sort of inferiority complex and need to be noticed.

The 'wee man' syndrome if you like.

I am so shocked that you don't agree with my gift to you.

'O wad some Pow'r the giftie gie us. To see oursels as others see us'

And tae think there'll be plenty from the dark side reading this and having a right good fuckin laugh at us Rangers fans arguing amongst ourselves.

Does that mean you won't be trying to stir things up in future, I approve of that. :thumbup:

Nail on head mate. Also, one would have thought that the recent turmoil would have brought the fans closer together and be more willing to work together but no, as usual its the usual division and tit for tat pish.

To be fair, I think recent events have brought the fans closer together. You'll always get the odd ones here and there though that don't want it.

It's a pity really.

Good, so what do you think the solution is?

For starters, the deliberate disruption of Vb related threads with non constructive points from posters who have personal scores.

I'm seriously tired of it all,I haven't posted on here for months up until 2 nights ago due to all this nonsense. I popped on to see what the fuss was and wished I hadn't bothered, 3 locked threads in as many days...people are getting there way!

The scum must be loving it...

Tell you what. Anyone who has a problem with VB then apply to join the site or meet us in the Neptune before the games and we can discuss things over a pint.

It might be a wise move to clarify who is paying for the pint mate............some folk will invent a problem if theres a free drink in it.

Does that mean you won't be trying to stir things up in future, I approve of that. :thumbup:

You'll never get me stirring things up just for the sake of it.

I will however defend myself and mine when necessary against unwarranted attacks. And that's what they are by some on here.

For starters, the deliberate disruption of Vb related threads with non constructive points from posters who have personal scores.

I'm seriously tired of it all,I haven't posted on here for months up until 2 nights ago due to all this nonsense. I popped on to see what the fuss was and wished I hadn't bothered, 3 locked threads in as many days...people are getting there way!

Aye, you just 'popped on', of course you did :rolleyes:

Do you really think the rest of us don't notice the vb 'flashmob' when it turns up on RM?

Really?

It works both ways as has been pointed out many times in these threads. Ask the members of the VBs to ignore and to not respond to people they don't like. Another idea is to post and lock the thread that way all can read the articles in peace.