The big suit debate

mclovin9091

395 members have voted

1. 1. Should managers of Rangers Football Club wear a SUIT on matchday?

• Yes
    • No
    • Doesn't matter

Obviously thats something that would be taken upon hiring but as military you get taught the standards very quickly and its to your benefit to learn quickly. :)

Oh yeah forgot to mention that i have to shave every day as well, no stubble, no cosmetic facial hair clean shaven every day, and another shave if i am on duty after 1800hrs.

With all due respect, it's would be folly to try and hold the rest of society up to military standards. The uniform and presentation are all part of the suite of tools designed to hammer in discipline for an incredibly difficult job. I have maximum respect for those who serve, but what goes on in the military is (necessarily) vastly different from what goes on in the civilian workplace, it's like comparing the Ivy with Nandos.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Preferably yes, but I voted doesn't matter.

To me it's a sign from McCoist to the players, we're in lower leagues and it's time to down to the nitty gritty.

If we had been cruising every game this season and having no problems, I'd imagine the suit would be on every weekend.

/thread

sad results of that poll - 25% of our fans don't value our traditions? makes you wonder what rangers means to that 25%.

Sorry but this statement is ridiculous.

It's like saying 99% of Scots don't value Scottish traditions because they don't wear a kilt every day.

Get a grip.

He's the manager of RANGERS and as such should dress as such. The angry mob need to calm themselves, it's a poll and some of us have our own opinion. Live with it as the few have said, we are being attacked every day yet your adding to these attacks by attacking fellow fans.

Now you lot get a grip ffs.

Jim Duffy had a suit on today. Didn't help him much. Apart from him freezing his nuts off and having to put a big jacket on halfway through.

I like Vini's idea though - make him wear a kilt.

But seriously though, see if I found out that he didn't have a manicure and pedicure before each game - I'd be pure ragin' so I would :p20:

Edit: I suppose I'd better go and vote now - where's the Kilt option???

Have no time for the Lennon comparisons re wearing sportswear when managing. The man makes the clothes, the clothes don't make the man. What Celtic do is no longer any concern of mine.

I do value the team travelling in club suits as I believe it makes us look more professional when we arrive at away grounds and has a small psychological advantage. What they wear to play and coach during the game doesn't matter to me. Doesn't make him any less the absolute legend ally Mccoist is to our club, and what he has given in time and effort over the last year. Who else stood up and became the voice of the club when we came close to having no club? The only"tradition" that shouldn't change is winning.

A suit is nice and good. But if the manager feels comfier in a tracksuit then i'm fine with that.

I certainly wouldn't accuse him of not holding our traditions dear, he is one of the greatest ( if not the greatest ever) Ranger. The abuse the man takes regularly on here is shocking.

Indeed.

Disappointing that the Clyde manager was more classy than the Rangers one.

My Arse. Jim's a nice enough fella, but Ally oozes class from every pore. - That's an idea - maybe he should be naked :matron:

Ally had his lucky Away-win trackie on today - never been worn until today. Hope he keeps it on, and we keep winning

And the outcome of this absurd poll will do what ???

Only we can poll on what our manager wears..

Fucking Embarrassing....what a laughing stock we`re becoming.

We`re top of our league and this pops up....

try and learn that being a rangers supporter is about more than winning games.

Its absolutely fuck all like that.

Of course it is. Wear or not wearing a suit isn't in and of itself a tradition, and if it is, it's a fucking stupid one.

Suggesting that people who recognise this as the massive non-issue that it is are "against club traditions" is patently retarded.

I'd be interested to see the average age of voters in this poll split by vote. I'd wager a large amount that the average age of the people voting "yes" is 50+.

Jim Duffy had a suit on today. Didn't help him much. Apart from him freezing his nuts off and having to put a big jacket on halfway through.

I like Vini's idea though - make him wear a kilt.

But seriously though, see if I found out that he didn't have a manicure and pedicure before each game - I'd be pure ragin' so I would :p20:

Edit: I suppose I'd better go and vote now - where's the Kilt option???

:lol: :lol:

You might as well have it as an option - it makes as much sense as demanding he wear a suit (i.e. none).

:lol: :lol:

You might as well have it as an option - it makes as much sense as demanding he wear a suit (i.e. none).

Just noticed your new avatar - Much better.

Your last one used to really annoy me (unlike your posts, which really amused me), cos it was so 'in your face' which I'm sure was the intention. :D

Just noticed your new avatar - Much better.

Your last one used to really annoy me (unlike your posts, which really amused me), cos it was so 'in your face' which I'm sure was the intention. :D

True but I can't fucking win, now I'm getting called David Guetta. In fact one joker called me Gérard Depardieu.

Always the French. :p20:

I was all for people criticizing tactics etc in past games but anyone that doesn't believe that Ally McCoist knows what it means to be a true Rangers man and understand exactly what it means to be manager of this club needs their heads testing.

Results are what count at the moment.

Traditions an standards will always mean more to me. I'd still support the rangers even if well fell flat on our faces and finished 6th in division 3. But who wants to see the standards dwindle away so that our club no longer stand for anything other than a team that plays football?

Traditions an standards will always mean more to me. I'd still support the rangers even if well fell flat on our faces and finished 6th in division 3. But who wants to see the standards dwindle away so that our club no longer stand for anything other than a team that plays football?

Do you think a suit symbolically represents all of Our standards and traditions?