Dean Shiels reminds me of Ronald De Boer

MisterC

Ok so it is a poor mans Ronald De Boer but yesterday and a few other times this season when he's on the ball its reminded me a bit of Ronald De Boer and his style of play back in the day. He does the wee step over and the change of pace over five yards RDB could do and the way he pinged the ball into far corner was De Boer-esque as well. Ok so while De Boer was way better, they have similar styles in the movement, ball control and also in their positions where they are best attacking from midfield or playing off the main striker. I can see some similarities and was saying to 2 of RM's finest about this during the game and thought would put this one out here as well for discussion.....

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think we ever seen RDB at his full potential, where as I believe that Dean is as good, if not better than RDB during his stint at Ibrox.

He was past his peak by the time we got him, hopefully Shiels can become more important for us than the luxury signing RDB was

Ok so it is a poor mans Ronald De Boer but yesterday and a few other times this season when he's on the ball its reminded me a bit of Ronald De Boer and his style of play back in the day. He does the wee step over and the change of pace over five yards RDB could do and the way he pinged the ball into far corner was De Boer-esque as well. Ok so while De Boer was way better, they have similar styles in the movement, ball control and also in their positions where they are best attacking from midfield or playing off the main striker. I can see some similarities and was saying to 2 of RM's finest about this during the game and thought would put this one out here as well for discussion.....

For me he is our best creative player without any doubt.He is working hard to give the team the zip that sadly few others arnt helping to provide

I don't think we ever seen RDB at his full potential, where as I believe that Dean is as good, if not better than RDB during his stint at Ibrox.

No! Ronald De Boer was absolutely outstanding in the 2002/2003 season. His movement, vision, passing and touch were a pleasure to watch. He even made Barry Ferguson look good going forward.

He scored countless goals that Season with his near post run.

No! Ronald De Boer was absolutely outstanding in the 2002/2003 season. His movement, vision, passing and touch were a pleasure to watch. He even made Barry Ferguson look good.

He scored countless goals that Season with his near post run.

You don't think Barry Ferguson was a good player?

Your joking if he didn't score the Goal at the weekend i would have slated what was a very poor performance, but the goal does make me happy even when to me he was having a very poor game.

RDB ffs you must be on the wind up.

I meant to say he made Ferguson look good going forward. That was the season Ferguson scored an unheard of amount of goals.

Barry was/is a fine player, but he's not a prolific goalscorer.

Agreed mate. I thought he was superb at controlling a game from deep.

Your joking if he didn't score the Goal at the weekend i would have slated what was a very poor performance, but the goal does make me happy even when to me he was having a very poor game.

RDB ffs you must be on the wind up.

RDB could be like that too, drifting out of games or just playing shit but then conjures a piece of magic out of this air as Sheils did yesterday.